THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

Post by Crazedwraith »

Oooh heck. The ice giants are of course not the only one's arrayed against the Order.

This could go badly.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I don't know, it looks like those ARE more ice giants. They're just not spellcasting ice giants.

So basically, the ice giant cleric and his entourage have canceled out V and Haley and Belkar. The problem is, V and Haley and Belkar were the only thing keeping the airship safe from attacks, while the ice giants still have more groups of rock-throwers to attack the airship with.

It is a truism that victory usually goes to the last commander to commit his reserves... And that may be about to happen here.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

1060 is up.

Did I miss Elan getting an intelligence-boosting headband ?

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Are we about to get a hanging on ropes swordfight?
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, I wonder how the Order is going to get to their destination once they're stranded.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Oooh dear. Mutiny on the Airship Express...
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, if all you've got to do to be the captain is whack the previous captain on the back of the head, it seems to me that the Order's choice of actions should be fairly clear. :razz:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Rogue 9 wrote:Well, if all you've got to do to be the captain is whack the previous captain on the back of the head, it seems to me that the Order's choice of actions should be fairly clear. :razz:
Depends who got there first. Haley would trade like for like, Roy would probably try to reason with them and point out that he's capable of soloing frost giants if they resist. Old V would just disintegrate mutineers because efficiency, new V probably not. Belkar, well, we all know how that ends.

Strategic placing of the railing to not show if Banda is out cold or dead, grrr.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Venator wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:Well, if all you've got to do to be the captain is whack the previous captain on the back of the head, it seems to me that the Order's choice of actions should be fairly clear. :razz:
Depends who got there first. Haley would trade like for like, Roy would probably try to reason with them and point out that he's capable of soloing frost giants if they resist. Old V would just disintegrate mutineers because efficiency, new V probably not. Belkar, well, we all know how that ends.

Strategic placing of the railing to not show if Banda is out cold or dead, grrr.

What about Elan? :lol:
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

It didn't work out so well 900 pages ago, but that was against a tougher grade of opposition.

I suspect that this is mainly working because of how desperate and terrified the crew is. There's no time to tell Wrench Woman that they don't want to listen to her, someone has to be in charge or they all die.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

1063 is up, and we appear to have our answer.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Guess the proper answer is, "Freak out at your friend's betrayal and hurting another friend"
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

1064 is up. Way to go, Andi. Way to fucking go.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

In this lesson, we learn that Andi is one of those very, very common people who wishes she were in charge, but has no idea what to do when she gets in charge.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

And never considered that the people that are REALLY in charge (i.e the Order of the Stick) might get upset with her

But that's to come I should think.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Welp, that went from "this merits firm discipline" to "someone's getting thrown overboard for terminal stupid".
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

THe kind of person who's willing to violently assault people in a crisis because "hard decisions" need to be made and "stern measures" are 'demanded' by the situation...

...Is usually the sort of person whose inner headspace is so messed up they probably don't have the flexibility and sense of perspective it takes to actually do anything if their violence somehow allows them to take charge.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Huh. I didnt figure Andi was so much older than Bandana. Stick figures.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Given that she was babysitting age at the time, she may only be about six or seven years older than B. That's still a noticeable gap, though.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's been pretty obvious that Andi is older for quite some time; she's repeatedly referred to Bandana as "kid."
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I'm taking odds on Haley doing something to Wrench girl.
I'm taking odds on Belkar doing something to Wrench girl.

Said actions may not be the same.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.