THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

Post by Rogue 9 »

Libris Mortis (the Book of Bad Latin) and the Spell Compendium weren't published under the Open Gaming License, so Mr. Burlew would be on fairly shaky ground lifting spells out of it even if he did want to allow for bringing back Malack for some reason.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2017-11-16 10:15pm Libris Mortis (the Book of Bad Latin) and the Spell Compendium weren't published under the Open Gaming License, so Mr. Burlew would be on fairly shaky ground lifting spells out of it even if he did want to allow for bringing back Malack for some reason.
True, but the reasoning seems dubious. It would be trivial to rename it something like 'Restore Undead/True Restore Undead' if he really wanted that to be an option. He's already used warlocks and referenced books like Complete Arcane, after all.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Yeah, and beholders, but those have all been one-off jokes. An ongoing plot point starts to look an awful lot less like a parody gag before too long.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Man you guys are slow

1106 is up
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

You must be equally slow if you are only just posting it.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I saw it a few days ago, SORRY FOR NOT HITTING SDN ERR'DAY
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Lonestar wrote: 2017-11-30 05:18pm I saw it a few days ago, SORRY FOR NOT HITTING SDN ERR'DAY
Then why assume the same is not true of everyone, slowpoke?
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

because they are usually on SDN more frequently than me, wingus
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I just saw it was up today, and then had errands to run before I could get online and post it.

So... DISCUSSION:
She's been praying to find Durkon for a while, and finally Loki gave her the location. So, was that part of Loki's Plan, or just a really nice last-minute save by the Lord of Trickery?

And why doesn't Roy remember her?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

There may be a deeper reason, but it's quite likely that Roy doesn't remember her because they didn't interact very much and Roy was paying a lot more attention to his personal 'counterpart' Thog and the enemy mastermind Nale.

As to whether it was part of Loki's plan... I suspect that it was at most a third-order contingency or something.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Loki was clearly unaware that Hel was going to produce a high priest and attend the Godsmoot, so it basically has to be a last-minute save.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

1107 is up.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Little Kudzu!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I adore little kudzu's wisps of beard. I also wanna see his "turn unn deh!" spell actually work :luv:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

"Lo, they are such gross, icky things." :lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

1108 is up. When V said that I assumed Haley was being properly paranoid not the reason it turned out to be.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

I adore how they drew little kudzu. He's got a different, baby-adorable pose every frame. So cute when he struggles ot grab mommy's helmet, or when he chews on his hand...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Totally late, but I was just re-reading that bit V says about the symbol of death and it seems very role-playery.

I mean they used to just talk about hitpoints in a situation like that.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

To be fair to Roy, half the time they rushed was due to Elan's stupidity.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

So it's a sign of Elan growing up a bit that he realizes "having a plan" is a good idea...

To be fair, Nale got all the "elaborate plan" genes in that family.

I believe that the breakdown was something like "Nale got his father's disposition and his mother's love of over-elaborate plans, while Elan got his mother's disposition and his father's love of trope-riddled dramatics."
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Simon_Jester wrote: 2018-01-20 11:34am So it's a sign of Elan growing up a bit that he realizes "having a plan" is a good idea...
And he's quick to pick up on the fact that Durkula won't expect it, because that's not how the Order usually works. Even when he was working with them, it was a case of "Oh crap, we need to do something fast...."

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

To be fair, they did pre-buff and plan before they busted in on Xykon in the Dungeon of Durokan way back in the beginning.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

1111 is up. This is going to be... amusing. :grin:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!