Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

Post by Ahriman238 »

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbp3Ra3Yp74[/youtube]

Awful lot of CGI. Not really sold on Ultimate Electro or the Mecha-Rhino. And Harry looks an awful lot like Emo-Peter from the third movie.

It seems I was wrong about this movies Richard Parker being a SHIELD agent. Well, there's still a chance, I suppose we'll see.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Re: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

Post by Ahriman238 »

Whatever I try, I can't get the film up.

Linky.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Now that film looks tremendously busy. As someone pointed out of facebook, there's strong hints of the sinister six in this movie. There's lingering shots of Doc Ock and vulture equipment. Rhino appears outright and I'm thinking there seems to be another power armoured foe in there that could well be a goblin of some sort.

All in addition to Electro in centre stage.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

I saw a goblin, right around the point Harry was talking to Norman.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

So I wonder if New York will be more or less fucked up than it was in The Avengers?

Why does Marvel hate the Big Apple so? :(
Ahriman238 wrote:Whatever I try, I can't get the film up.
Let me see if I can address your problems getting it up:

Why yes I can.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm just not feeling it. The recent "Do-Over" movie never sparked my interest, and this is looking like a bad remake of McGuire's #3. Seriously, bury the franchise for a decade, give us time to heal.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Then Sony would lose the rights and never make any money from it again. They can't do that.

I felt the same way about the first movie until I actually gave in and bought the dvd second hand very cheap. It's at least as good, if not better than McGuire's first movie. (though this maybe because it the ramii movie to build upon)
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

They would make bank by selling back the rights to Marvel early by asking for a percentage. That equals free money with no risk. Same with Fox and the Fantastic Four, who they bungled so bad it's dead in the water.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
MrDakka
Padawan Learner

Post by MrDakka »

RogueIce wrote:Why does Marvel hate the Big Apple so? :(
The question you should be asking why do all the big name superheroes congregate in New York? :D

Wonder how Jamie Foxx will be as Electro.
Needs moar dakka
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

The issue is that selling the rights back would be a tacit admission of failure, and if Marvel Studios made a badass Spidey movie afterward that became a blockbuster.... yeah, even with a percentage it'd make Sony look stupid for giving away a cash cow and it'd probably cost people jobs.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Yes but if Marvel doesn't get the rights to all their stuff back, My dream of a comprehensive live action Marvel universe that includes all of its properties like The Avengers, Spider-man, Fantastic Four, X-men, and the cosmic franchises will never be fulfilled, so shut up and stop raining on my parade.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Darksider wrote:Yes but if Marvel doesn't get the rights to all their stuff back, My dream of a comprehensive live action Marvel universe that includes all of its properties like The Avengers, Spider-man, Fantastic Four, X-men, and the cosmic franchises will never be fulfilled, so shut up and stop raining on my parade.
On the other hand, it stops Marvel getting any ideas about turning the cinematic universe into a log jam of crossovers.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Darksider wrote:Yes but if Marvel doesn't get the rights to all their stuff back, My dream of a comprehensive live action Marvel universe that includes all of its properties like The Avengers, Spider-man, Fantastic Four, X-men, and the cosmic franchises will never be fulfilled, so shut up and stop raining on my parade.
Considering what a continuity snarl the comics tend to be, I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Isn't the running joke in Marvel that you can't toss a rock in NYC without hitting a mutant, metahuman, superhero or some other heroic/villainous costumed person?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Why does Marvel hate the Big Apple so? :(
Tradition. New York always gets it in all the disaster movies.

Re-watching there's a focus on 6 numbered doors besides all the Six stuff crazedwraith mentioned. Hmm. The Goblin and Rhino aren't traditional for the Six, but I'd be just as happy to not see Sandman again after the Raimi film. Now, Mysterio has serious potential for the silver screen, but would look horrible if they weren't smart and very careful about it.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

LadyTevar wrote:I'm just not feeling it. The recent "Do-Over" movie never sparked my interest, and this is looking like a bad remake of McGuire's #3. Seriously, bury the franchise for a decade, give us time to heal.
I think the most 2012 film was streets ahead of any of the McGuire films, so I'm actually hoping that the current lot keep going. If they wait for "healing," who knows what things will be like in ten years?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Like it's predecessor, this was made so that Sony could keep the Spider-man license, and it shows, due to it just seeming so 'meh'.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I thought one of the Six did have Rhino in it. Waaaaay back in the 80s.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Yeah. And while not entirely relevant, I know Weisman's Spectacular Spider-Man had Rhino in the Six.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I'm digging it.

The Rhino was always fucking stupid the way he was. "I can't get out of this Rhino suit!!!" "Hold on man, this is my buddy Wolverine." "Oh cool. Thanks bro.", so any change in that character is OK with me. I never read any of the Ultimates comics so this seems like a fresh take on Electro for me and makes me happy that they are matching Spidey's abilities with the best of what we have seen in the comics.

The problem with the movies, and this is really the only problem they have had, is that they can't do individual origins for the villains that are all connected to Spidey without cluttering it up. That's what happened with McGuire 3 trying to make Venom and Sandman independent villains that both somehow hate Spidey. I mean it works in comics because you can give it 3 or 4 issues, but you just don't have the time in the movies. The X-Men movies work because all the characters are connected by already being mutants so it is easy and makes sense to bring them all together because they all share similar motivations on either side of the same issue. You just have a cool recruitment montage where you already understand the selling points of joining Professor X or Magneto ala First Class.

Having all the villains filter through Oscorp gives them all a similar motivation and saves a fuck load of time they don't actually have.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I don't really give a shit about superhero costumes in movies, but I fucking love the classic mask.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

New trailer up.
Spoiler
Seems Max has some obsession and (legitimate) personal issues with Spidey. Oh, and getting electrocuted and falling into a tank of GE'd electric eels actually manages to be sillier than the 60's origin, where he was struck by lightning, miraculously uninjured and found out about the electric powers later.

I wonder how many times he's pulled out the "eyes and ears" line or if he's actually blanking on the name. Then again, Max doesn't exactly look or sound like himself.

Electro's power level has seriously jumped for this film. Not just the lightning teleport thing, comics Electro can store and toss around 100,000 volts and no more, this Electro creates a shockwave bringing down a couple of buildings.

And if I was skeptical before about a power armor Rhino, that's actually doubled down since they gave him machine guns and rockets.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Ahriman238 wrote: Spoiler
Electro's power level has seriously jumped for this film. Not just the lightning teleport thing, comics Electro can store and toss around 100,000 volts and no more, this Electro creates a shockwave bringing down a couple of buildings.

And if I was skeptical before about a power armor Rhino, that's actually doubled down since they gave him machine guns and rockets.
Spoiler
I think the biggest problem with Rhino is how Electro is basically a blockbusting villain and how can a guy in a mecha-rhino suit compete with that, even if he has got machineguns on it
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

They are showing way, way to much in the trailers, this is getting ridiculous. It's always a bad idea to show more than three seconds or so of any scene, let alone 10 seconds of multiple scenes.
However, this has got me a little more interested, Electro looks and sounds badass, and the Rhino could work. I'm just not sold on the twitchy, sex offender - vibe Harry Osborn, or his ridiculous Goblin alter ego.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

looks pretty interesting
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Dargos
Jedi Knight

Post by Dargos »

Anyone else notice the Vultures wings next to Doc Ocks arms in the "trophy room"?
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.