Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Re: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

Post by Elheru Aran »

Chimaera wrote:They are showing way, way to much in the trailers, this is getting ridiculous. It's always a bad idea to show more than three seconds or so of any scene, let alone 10 seconds of multiple scenes.
However, this has got me a little more interested, Electro looks and sounds badass, and the Rhino could work. I'm just not sold on the twitchy, sex offender - vibe Harry Osborn, or his ridiculous Goblin alter ego.
This specific trailer is the 'extended' version. Of course it's going to show a lot. It does seem to show a bit much, though...

I really don't like the actor they picked for Harry. I get that he's sort of a geek like Peter, but James Franco, I thought, was a far better choice from a physical standpoint. This guy looks like he got his face slammed into a locker every day, rich daddy or not, and his hair could stand a wash. He doesn't look like a multi-millionaire heir to a massive corporation. He looks like a pretentious hipster with a side of creep.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Elheru Aran wrote:
Chimaera wrote:They are showing way, way to much in the trailers, this is getting ridiculous. It's always a bad idea to show more than three seconds or so of any scene, let alone 10 seconds of multiple scenes.
However, this has got me a little more interested, Electro looks and sounds badass, and the Rhino could work. I'm just not sold on the twitchy, sex offender - vibe Harry Osborn, or his ridiculous Goblin alter ego.
This specific trailer is the 'extended' version. Of course it's going to show a lot. It does seem to show a bit much, though...

I really don't like the actor they picked for Harry. I get that he's sort of a geek like Peter, but James Franco, I thought, was a far better choice from a physical standpoint. This guy looks like he got his face slammed into a locker every day, rich daddy or not, and his hair could stand a wash. He doesn't look like a multi-millionaire heir to a massive corporation. He looks like a pretentious hipster with a side of creep.

I was just thinking how the new Harry looks sort of like the old Peter and the new Peter looks sort of like the old Harry. :D

New Harry looks a lot like symbiote possessed dancing Peter from Spider-Man 3.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Another new trailer, with a touch of commentary. Few new scenes.

Spoiler
I did get a kick out of the half-costume change. Likewise the "Peter!" *claps hand over mouth*

Funny enough, in the comics Gwen moved to live with her relatives in England after her father died too. In that case because she wanted to get away from Spider-man and the constant reminders of her father's death. There was a whole thing with Peter psyching himself up to come clean with her about the secret identity and everything, then he gets jumped by the Prowler who was trying to protect Gwen from him and by the time that's wrapped up, she's gone. So he follows her to England, then gets involved in foiling a terrorist bit and decides that he can't show up in England the same time Spider-man suddenly shows up in England and quietly goes home.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud