Superman 75 Anniversary Animated Short

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Superman 75 Anniversary Animated Short

Post by Zor »

Just thought I would share it with you guys.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: Superman 75 Anniversary Animated Short

Post by Borgholio »

Love it. Nice touch with the "cartoonification" of the TV and movie Supermans. Even nicer touch with the 50's style "woosh" sound of George Reeves flying by.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Considering Bruce Timm's involvement in the short, it's great that they threw in the brief glimpse of the STAS incarnation.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

-3 for reminding me of Superman Red/Blue. So I guess that gets a 6/10.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Bonus points for using the Superman theme, though. And their iteration of the 'Man of Steel' suit looked tons better than the movie one. At least those guys got the colours right.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Batman wrote:Bonus points for using the Superman theme, though. And their iteration of the 'Man of Steel' suit looked tons better than the movie one. At least those guys got the colours right.
Heh.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Batman wrote:Bonus points for using the Superman theme, though. And their iteration of the 'Man of Steel' suit looked tons better than the movie one. At least those guys got the colours right.
Wait is there another one? I sort of figured once you got John Williams to write you a score, that was the definitive score now and forever.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Why do you think I called it 'the' score? :D And technically every score from a Superman movie/TV series is 'a' Superman score.
While none of them are as grand as the Williams one, STAS and Superman:Doomsday weren't half bad in my opinion.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

STAS was okay, don't think I ever heard Doomsday.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Zack Snyder, nice. I thought Man of Steel could've been stronger, but generally I like his work.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Ahriman238 wrote:STAS was okay, don't think I ever heard Doomsday.
I've got fond memories of it given it was my first exposure to Big Blue.