Arrow Gadget Arrows

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Arrow Gadget Arrows

Post by Kitsune »

I am kind of curious about a few ideas with his arrows
He has an arrow with a recording device. Using modern tech, what would be a reasonable recording time for such a device?
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: Arrow Gadget Arrows

Post by Eleas »

Kitsune wrote:I am kind of curious about a few ideas with his arrows
He has an arrow with a recording device. Using modern tech, what would be a reasonable recording time for such a device?
Afaik, it's a transmitter so the recording time, if any, would be limited to buffering (not even a second, in other words).
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

either way it's got to be shock proof as it could thrown/shot into a wall of metal shipping container and works ok right after, so that puts some limit to the tech you can use.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

There are two ways you could do it: saving power on recording by transmitting as it goes with no buffer, or saving power on transmission by waiting until the buffer is full and doing a burst transmission. Making it shockproof wouldn't be a problem, I don't think, as both data storage and radio transmission can be achieved with solid state devices.