Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (SPOILERS)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

How good is the pilot?

Great.
11%
Good.
56%
Okay.
30%
Bad.
3%
Terrible.
No votes

Total votes: 61

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (SPOILERS)

Post by Crazedwraith »

So the finale just aired here. Decidedly mixed feeling. I think the penultimate one was a little better.

One the one hand; Nick Fury and Coulson team-up was hilarious. On the other hand is hilarious really the tone you want to go for for you epic showdown between hero and villian? Not really what I was for.

Yay. Deathlok lived. And for purely geeky reasons I hope he shares an episode with the cellist at somepoint.

Is there some behind the scenes thing going on with Fitz's actor? Like he might not want to come back or something? the question mark ending for his character is very annoying.

The doubled down on mysterious stingers. Guess the idea is that Coulson is going crazy from the drugs? I wonder if it will eventually affect Skye as well.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

They didn't need to give Garrett every last bit of the serum, they should have kept some back to heal Deathlok's burns. And give some to Fitz too.

I just saw it, great that they subverted the whole "not really dead" thing with Garrett being upgraded only for him to be disintegrated by Director Coulson :lol:

Nice use of the Destroyer gun, even if it did run dry after a handful of shots- proves that at least it's not a one-shot wonder 8)

I have to wonder if maybe May is Skye's mother, or something. What I found surprising when I read it was that Ming-Na Wen who plays May is actually 50, so she could conceivably be her mother.
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:They didn't need to give Garrett every last bit of the serum, they should have kept some back to heal Deathlok's burns. And give some to Fitz too.
Why would Hydra do that?
I have to wonder if maybe May is Skye's mother, or something. What I found surprising when I read it was that Ming-Na Wen who plays May is actually 50, so she could conceivably be her mother.
I sorta read this twice and can't figure out how to have it make sense. Skye is an 0-8-4. At best you could have her be one of those 'miracles' referenced at the post credits scene of Winter Soldier. But all SHIELD knows unless May is hiding something for this idea is, well, nothing.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Gaidin wrote:
EnterpriseSovereign wrote:I have to wonder if maybe May is Skye's mother, or something. What I found surprising when I read it was that Ming-Na Wen who plays May is actually 50, so she could conceivably be her mother.
I sorta read this twice and can't figure out how to have it make sense. Skye is an 0-8-4. At best you could have her be one of those 'miracles' referenced at the post credits scene of Winter Soldier. But all SHIELD knows unless May is hiding something for this idea is, well, nothing.
Stop with the May=Mom stuff, it's been disproven.
Skye's parents are "monsters", both of them. We see in one of the stingers one of Skye's parents, dripping with blood or some other fluid, in SouthEast Asia. Skye was found in Vietnam, yes? Odd that she doesn't look Asian. We're going to find out more about our O84 as she finds out more about her abilities.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

LadyTevar wrote: Stop with the May=Mom stuff, it's been disproven.
For the record, my post was a 'where the hell did that come from and how the hell are you having it make sense?' post. Just saying.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Gaidin wrote:
LadyTevar wrote: Stop with the May=Mom stuff, it's been disproven.
For the record, my post was a 'where the hell did that come from and how the hell are you having it make sense?' post. Just saying.
I misread, then. Sorry :)

What I'm wondering is if we'll see the scribbles on the wall someplace else. "Guardians of the Galaxy" perhaps? :twisted:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

LadyTevar wrote:
Gaidin wrote:
EnterpriseSovereign wrote:I have to wonder if maybe May is Skye's mother, or something. What I found surprising when I read it was that Ming-Na Wen who plays May is actually 50, so she could conceivably be her mother.
Stop with the May=Mom stuff, it's been disproven.
Skye's parents are "monsters", both of them. We see in one of the stingers one of Skye's parents, dripping with blood or some other fluid, in SouthEast Asia. Skye was found in Vietnam, yes? Odd that she doesn't look Asian. We're going to find out more about our O84 as she finds out more about her abilities.
Regardless of weather Skye looks Asian, the actress who plays Skye is half-Chinese according to IMDB.