What did you think of Man of Steel?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Replicant
Padawan Learner

Re: What did you think of Man of Steel?

Post by Replicant »

I have decided that whomever is the primary general contractor for large buildings in Metropolis should be arrest, tried, and executed.

Every time Zod and Superman were thrown through buildings it results in explosions. Why are these buildings lined with nitro or some other unstable material? Sure there should be shattered glass and material, but the average tall building should not have a fireball explosion just because you punched a man sized shape through some random floor.

OH and bye bye Emil, you may be iconic in the comics but you are a cameo and then dead meat in the movie.

Finally this movie makes me laugh even more at the idea of a Superman/Batman movie. Superman saves the planet by flying straight THROUGH the giant spaceship that is at the same time reducing his powers and making him heavier. WTF is Batman supposed to do to compete? Throw a batterang at it?
Justice
Youngling

Post by Justice »

Emil is iconic in the comics? I always thought he had a bigger role on the cartoon more than anything. Though he might not be dead: he may well have just been transported to the Phantom Zone.
Lurks-no-More
Redshirt

Post by Lurks-no-More »

My opinion? Overblown, underwhelming and generally a mess. The Metropolis fight felt like Snyder was trying too hard to top the NY fight from Avengers, but sheer scale of destruction can't make up for the boring sameyness of it all. Not to mention the implied massive casualties that nobody, least of all the moviemakers, seems to care one whit about.

As it is, I felt Man of Steel was missing both brain and heart; all it had was body. I'm hoping the sequel will be better. At the very least, Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor seems like a great idea.