Wild Westeroes (rar)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Wild Westeroes (rar)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

because of the Game of thrones discussion, when Amazon decided to offer me a discount on one of my favorite genres of movies, I accidentally read it as 20% off all Westeroes instead. So what happens if the Civil War picks up a whole mess of new mercs. To be exact Wild West anti-heroes, six guns, dynamite, the occasional gatling gun hidden in a coffin...

The only fixed alteration is that because of his reputation for taking orders from Tom Boys, Rooster Cogburn now works for Arya Stark. (instead of the hound, as of the end of the Red Wedding)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear

Re: Wild Westeroes (rar)

the other weird question does she get Dude or Duke version of Rooster?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Rooster Cogburn is from True Grit right?

If so, I'd pick the modern Rooster because I'm more familiar with him.

What other western characters are involved?

Westeros doesn't have fire arms or explosives, does it? If so, anything non-magical should be outclassed by those weapons, never mind gattling guns (precursors of machine guns).
The Yosemite Bear

The western anti heroes have their own merchants coming along with them, yes that's the same Character as in true grit, others are varyied and more mercenary, at the least we have "The Man with No Name" hiring out and killing both sides of what ever conflict he's involved in, the Original Django with his pistols, and small arsenal in that coffin he drags everywhere, the movie versions of Frank James, etc.

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

The nobles would probably hire gunmen and/or steal guns for their men.

Until they reverse-engineer guns and explosives, it doesn't sound like there will be enough of them to arm a lot of men with them. But they can be used for elite assassins and bodyguards.
The Yosemite Bear

Well most of them ARE considered to be elite assassins in their own right...