Chuck Does All-Star Superman

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Chuck Does All-Star Superman

Post by Ahriman238 »

Didn't even know they'd done a film of this comic. Still, DC translates really well into animation.

Linky.

Basically a more Silver Age style story about the death of Superman. Luthor tricks him into overloading on solar energy, so while he dies he's more powerful than ever before (and this is Silver Age supes, already effectively God.) The rest is Superman telling his story, putting together his legacy, and racing to complete the dozen impossible labors future history says he did (very classical.)

Has a lengthy intro where Chuck expounds on the history and future of the character.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Chuck Does All-Star Superman

Post by Batman »

I think I'll whine about the lack of the yellow cape symbol just to annoy Stark.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
gigabytelord
Padawan Learner

Post by gigabytelord »

Batman wrote:I think I'll whine about the lack of the yellow cape symbol just to annoy Stark.
It's not as irritating if he knows why you're doing.

On a more serious note, I'm watching this right now and really enjoying it.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I liked the over the top scenarios. I kinda miss that whimsy from comic books, especially Superman.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"