New Clip from Superman: Unbound Released

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

JME2
Emperor's Hand

New Clip from Superman: Unbound Released

Post by JME2 »

"You must be Brain...iac...Okay."

If this excerpt is anything to go by, John Noble might be the first serious challenger to Corey Burton's long tenure as the definitive voice of Brainiac.

This was also my second favorite arc from Johns' Action Comics run, so I'm curious to see how this adaptation turns out.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Re: New Clip from Superman: Unbound Released

Post by Darksider »

Who's that doing Superman's voice? I thought they had settled on bringing Daley back to do him in all the DTV movies.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Supes is being voiced by Matt Bomer. He's actually not bad.

As far as I know, Daly is being used only for specific projects with a DCAU-themed casting.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

It seems that for the big movies that WB has high hopes of selling big, they spend the bucks for big name VAs, while for those they're not as sure of (JL Doom, the Superman/Batman adaptations) they just get the old DCAU voices for the most part (with some exceptions: see Summer Glau and Andre Braugher replacing Nicholle Tom and Michael Ironside in their respective roles of Supergirl and Darkseid for Superman/Batman: Supergirl.... I mean, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, because nobody will buy a movie named for a GIRL. Too many memories of Helen Slater!).

Me? I'm still waiting for the animated adaptation of Sinestro Corps War..... :?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Bomer, really? He's great, but unless he's got a terrific range I don't think I'm going to be able to disentangle him from Neal Caffrey in my headspace.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

I've been enjoying the more recent animated stuff out of DC, especially DKR. I'm looking forward to Flashpoint coming out (Mid June, I believe?) About time they had someone other than Bats in the lead.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Steve wrote:Me? I'm still waiting for the animated adaptation of Sinestro Corps War..... :?
As much as it pains me, it's not going to happen any time soon.

WB continues to focus on Superman, Batman, or League-centric stories rather than do

And they're not going to try anything related to GL again for a while given they're still smarting from the 2011 fiasco.
Tomzilla
Youngling

Post by Tomzilla »

JME2 wrote:If this excerpt is anything to go by, John Noble might be the first serious challenger to Corey Burton's long tenure as the definitive voice of Brainiac.
John Noble is a magnificent actor with a strong, intelligent voice. So I'm not surprised his Brainiac will be Corey Burton's Brainiac first real challenger. Burton's Brainiac is perfect because he has that artificial, emotionless voice, which is very fitting given how his Brainiac is a machine. Noble's Brainiac, however, is organic.

You really can't go wrong with having Walter Bishop lending his voice talents to an iconic villain.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Watched the movie recently, have to say this is another Fantastic DC movie.
If only their live action films had as much success as the animated ones.

Love the take on superman in this one, mostly seeing superman BE super, not constrained by the sake of story or such.
Also refreshing to just see so much "Adult" content in it. Theres no kid gloves concerning fighting or attacks, people actually get killed brutally. In a way it adds a lot in terms of the sense of Danger to the movie.

Also, best part of the movie? Louis Lane flipping off Branic, giving him the "double deuce"
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Also, best part of the movie? Louis Lane flipping off Branic, giving him the "double deuce"
A great bit made even funnier by Brainiac's reaction. :lol:
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Am I the only one who liked the powder blue for the supercostumes? I don't think I've seen it in animation since the original STAS. And Clark's voice actor worries me a lot less than the blithering idiot who designed his face. While I unsurprisingly would have preferred Daly or failing that Newburn, the guy did a decent job. The artist in question...not so much.
I DO like modern animation Kara. She does all the fun things Clark won't. Also, bonus points for sticking with Lois Lane's Timmverse eye colour (sort of).
And that's with me being only halfway through the movie.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Okay, demerits for the no powder blue supersuits, but bonus points for Kara seriously kicking butt and Clark having his yellow cape S shield back.
Not the best of the DTVs by any stretch of the imagination but certainly one of the good ones.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'