Need help finding "best" Justice League cartoon series

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Dread Not
Padawan Learner

Re: Need help finding "best" Justice League cartoon series

Post by Dread Not »

Zablorg wrote:I really liked "Flash and Substance", an episode that explores what makes Flash tick as a person.

Also "Patriot Act"
You recommend two episodes from the mediocre season 3 (or 5 depending on how you look at it) and neither of them are the Great Brain Robbery?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

"I have no idea who this guy is." :lol:

"Aren't you going to wash your hands?" (Insight into evil villains)
"No, because I'm evil."

Fucking classic. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

I loved the JL cartoons, same way the BatMan/Superman cartoons were great too (I think they were continuations.) and Batman beyond wsa suprisingly good for a US Cartoon that was on Fox.

I think one of the bits I remember most about that cartoon was this:

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Team Timm did a lot better for the DCU reputation than the guys actually doing the print comics did for the past decade or so. There's a reason for my location.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Grundy's second death is almost as good.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Better, possibly, despite the fact that we never actually see it. It was certainly far more tragic.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

And Aquaman's reaction when Dr. Fate warns them that Grundy's grave was opened. "Show me those responsible, then dig more graves."
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED