The 2nd Girl Genius Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: The 2nd Girl Genius Thread

Post by Simon_Jester »

Was it winter when the time-thing activated? If not, then it hasn't been exactly 24 months.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

LadyTevar wrote:I'm trying to place her age. Assume 9months pregnancy, and we're guessing a total of 2yrs passed, Maxina would be between 12 and 15months. Since she's sitting upright, understands words, and can punch people, definitely over the 12month mark.
I would not be to sure about age minimums for the product of two constructs rebuilt and enhanced by a high-level Spark during a full-on mad-science spree. The laws of physics and biology tend to break around them.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Now that's THE way to leave a message :D
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

I...don't think it's a message...

I think it's a 'bomb' that's just been set off...

And now we see how many people under Gil's command have been wasped by the Other...
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

So they're the perfect couple now, each of them have one of their parents living in their head. That's gonna get awkward real fast.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Cue Agatha/The Other x Gil/Klaus slash fanfics in 3...2...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Bedlam wrote:So they're the perfect couple now, each of them have one of their parents living in their head. That's gonna get awkward real fast.
Parents that slept together prior to having the kids in question.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

TimothyC wrote:
Bedlam wrote:So they're the perfect couple now, each of them have one of their parents living in their head. That's gonna get awkward real fast.
Parents that slept together prior to having the kids in question.
Which, as the Jagers have pointed out in the past, is going to be excellent motivation for getting them out of their heads. :P
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Finally caught up and oh... that's clever. No, really, what better way for Klaus to keep Gil aimed in the 'right' direction?

And he's STILL fixating on Agatha, even with Lucrezia revealed.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

The relationship within their minds may not be free. It is possible that Gil has more of a strong impression of his father in his head, one that can't properly make reasonable decisions on their own. Just override Gil with certain things. But who knows.

Am I the only one a bit creeped out by the eyes of the filler artist? I think the filler artist is trying to imitate the Foglio's style and the expressions are a bit odd, especially the eyes. Most likely the artist not used to drawing expressions in the Foglios' stlye. Or it might be just that I'm so used to Foglios' style that any deviation from it strikes me as odd.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Yeah, the filler artist is making them look like their manic understudies. Knowing the foglios this might actually be intentional.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

So, um Agatha's 'bed warmer' they went there then.

It's got Gil's hair?
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I'm fairly sure this is what christmas filler does.

It "goes there".

Also, the only person whose entrance is worth two days of buildup is Othar Tryggvassen, Gentleman Adventurer!
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20140214

That has got to be then most sparky solution to a problem ever.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

It's almost like Cubert Farnsworth's epiphany on faster than light travel.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

I have only one thing to say about the latest comic, Dawwww!

Plus, wow it's been a while since anyone commented on it.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I was wondering about Zetha's fangs.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

I'm not sure how many here are still paying attention to Girl Genius, or have even kept up with the latest story arc, but there's more hilarity ongoing.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20150513

Recap: after the time bomb went off, Agatha escaped (via Martellus) jumping a few years into the future. Hot pursuit ensued, and Agatha eventually found refuge with the Train Monks, where she met up with another member of the Sturmvoraus clan. She also discovered they had a Heterodyne clank-train imprisoned in the catacombs of their fortress when said member accidentally released it, causing it to go on a rampage wherein it attempted to devour most everything in the fortress - the train, in typical Heterodyne fashion, was designed as a tracklayer, able to go anywhere, consume raw materials, and lay tracks behind itself. Naturally, they put a psychotic clank mind in the driver's seat.

After finally dealing with The Beast, as it was called, it seems that the Train Monks have discovered its true potential: Europa's first tunnel-boring machine!

Public transit in Europa will never be the same again.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I have been paying attention.
Spoiler
I like how the evil train-brain has been given a miniature smokestack.
Credo!
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

Crayz9000 wrote:She also discovered they had a Heterodyne clank-train imprisoned in the catacombs of their fortress when said member accidentally released it
I always thought that bit was suspiciously convenient — there had to be more to Lady Selnikov's story than "accidentally release the wrong monster and get killed by it".
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

Okay.... I got the reference to the Castle's comment to Gil about the 'Things' from beyond time and space having hats...

But, how does that link to the Dreen? Are they the things the Castle saw last time a Heterodyne did something so sparky with time?

*Scratches head*
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

Dass.Kapital wrote:But, how does that link to the Dreen? Are they the things the Castle saw last time a Heterodyne did something so sparky with time?
Apparently yes, they are the "angels" Robur Heterodyne saw, that scared the you-know-what out of him so much that he destroyed every bit of his time-twisting tech.

Is this the first time we've ever seen Bang actively frightened of anything? Just like one of the Jägergenerals during the Mechanicsburg siege when he was faced with a Dreen. Interesting.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I wonder what threat do they exactly pose to garner such fear from so many powerful and skilled fighters, maybe they operate in a way that nobody can understand how they work. They are more terrifying than slaver-wasps it seems. Probably in some kind of non-physical way that can't be resisted or may not even make sense.
Credo!
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Dass.Kapital wrote:Okay.... I got the reference to the Castle's comment to Gil about the 'Things' from beyond time and space having hats...

But, how does that link to the Dreen? Are they the things the Castle saw last time a Heterodyne did something so sparky with time?

*Scratches head*
Well Jagers are very attached to their hats. Time traveling Jagers?
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

You seem to miss that Dupree notices that this dren is "not one of ours"... This was the monster LAdy Selnikov was looking for.

Maybe that is one of those the Heterodynes once summoned per accident...