Chuck Does A Song of Ice and Fire

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Eframepilot
Jedi Master

Chuck Does A Song of Ice and Fire

Post by Eframepilot »

So Chuck posted his review of the first episode of A Game of Thrones a few days ago. He said that he hasn't read the books yet and so he assumed the worst of Jaime, who isn't quite as bad a guy as he first appears. I was especially amused that Chuck got Jorah Mormont's name wrong, calling him Jon Connington. That's actually quite the impressive mixup. I wouldn't expect someone who hasn't read the books to have ever heard of Connington, and the mixup is particularly apt since Mormont and Connington are in similar positions and are driven by similar motives. In fact I suspect that Chuck stuck that in to tease his audience.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Re: Chuck Does A Song of Ice and Fire

Post by Vympel »

Link?
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Here

Not really that brilliant a review to tell you the truth. Comes of him doing requests and not things that you know, he's actually knowledge about.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

It's not like a ton happens during the first episode either. Ominous encounter, here's a character, here's another character, more characters, exposition! Wedding! More exposition! Child thrown from a tower!
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Yeah, he says it himself - the first episode is all worldbuilding and character establishment stuff.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage