The next Pirates of the Caribbean film.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

The next Pirates of the Caribbean film.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/p ... ts-a-title
Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp are raising the anchor and setting sail on another Pirates of the Caribbean adventure, this time with Kon Tiki directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg at the helm. And now, the filmmakers have reportedly revealed that the title of Pirates 5 will be Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
I'm glad they're making another Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I hope it's better than the last one.

Edit: 2015 is going to be fucking packed with fantasy and science fiction franchises.
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Re: The next Pirates of the Caribbean film.

Post by DesertFly »

On Stranger Tides was at least better than the last two of the previous trilogy. I enjoyed the buddy comedy between Geoffrey Rush and Johnny Depp, and thought it was much better than the chemistry between Depp and Orlando Bloom.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Loathe as I am to see another film, there are definite threads for them to follow up on.

* Jack has the Pearl back along with multiple ships, albeit with all of them bottled.

* Barbossa now has control of the Revenge and Blackbeard's powers.

* Angelica has Jack's voodoo doll.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

DesertFly wrote:On Stranger Tides was at least better than the last two of the previous trilogy. I enjoyed the buddy comedy between Geoffrey Rush and Johnny Depp, and thought it was much better than the chemistry between Depp and Orlando Bloom.
I like the third film more the fourth one. The acting, special effects, music, and cinematography were good and it had more gravitas. Also, the final battle was quite good, and Barbossa marrying Will and Elizabeth was both awesome and hilarious.

I'd like Sparrow and Barbossa to be allies from the beginning in the next film. And I want a spectacular battle at sea to make up for not having one in the last film. And the Pearl must make a comeback.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

It'll be intresting to see if there's any effect in the next for Barbossa having the Queen Anne's Revenge since it seem to have weapons that are more advanced then normal for the period (or lost tech) like those big flamethrowers.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

I suspect the fire was a result of Blackbeard's magic.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

The Romulan Republic wrote:I suspect the fire was a result of Blackbeard's magic.
could be but there's a thing called "greek fire" which could produce that effect but IIRC the secret of it's making was lost when the Byzantine empire fell and we yet to rediscorver it (might might wrong on that last point but I'm 100% sure it was lost tech in the timeframe pirates is in).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

There has been much speculation on the composition of Greek fire, with comparisons to napalm and phosphorus and other things, but the truth is we are unlikely to ever know the exact composition due to the extreme secrecy kept about the stuff.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice