Fomorian Heroes (rar)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Fomorian Heroes (rar)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

the entire population of SDN gets turned into the enemies of the fair folk, the daemon looking sea ppirate Fomorians, from celtic myth

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Re: Fomorian Heroes (rar)

Post by Zor »

Did anyone else read that title and think that this had something to do with Taiwan?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

nope, I thought "Yay, Fomorians," because they always seem to get left out.

Bear - are the fair folk knocking around as well then or can I have fun playing the bogeyman with the general population?
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
The Yosemite Bear

yes, we're the heroes as we need to protect those regular humans from those child stealing bastards, and yes we have the powers and the appearance of the Celt boogymen still.

so last I checked: as the "Bogeymen" we get nature related powers, enhanced fishing skills, skill with nets and spears in combat, superhuman strength and stature, ability to manipulate storms and shrouding fog, ability to shrink down to human size and appearance, the ability to breath water.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Zor wrote:Did anyone else read that title and think that this had something to do with Taiwan?

Zor
No. Should I have? Is there some sort of hidden association between Fomoire and Taiwan that I'm missing? Did you read "Fomoria" as "Formosa?" :lol:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

What use are enhanced fishing skills to me? I hate fish. I'm sitting this one out until the next universe reset.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I would have thought you loved fish Bats.

After all, just give a few to Catwoman.....
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
The Yosemite Bear

well the Fomorians are a sea faring Piritical race, and when not eating fish, deer and other game, they turn to humanitarian pursits when hungry. note as per being the bogeymen (unless your Laugh or CuCulain and thus part Fomorian as well as part Tauth De Daunan) Fomorians can see fine in total darkness and in obscuring fog, this is part of their hunting technique (modern versions can make quite skillful serial killers as even CCTV cameras don't do to well on can't see ten feet in front of you fogged in nights....

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Solauren wrote:I would have thought you loved fish Bats.
After all, just give a few to Catwoman.....
I have more money than the rest of humanity combined, to the point where I might have more money than the rest of humanity including myself. If I want to feed Selina fish, that's what restaurants are for.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'