Game of Thrones Season 3 casting news (minor spoilers)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Re: Game of Thrones Season 3 casting news (minor spoilers)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

well hell I'm worse than that, I pointed out how many actors with terminal cancer try an make a serous impact with their last projects.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

New Season 3 Teaser:

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Love that song.

Invitation to the Set - good look at Ciaran Hinds as Mance

Sad - and really odd - news:

James Purefoy says he won't ever do Game of Thrones, because HBO did it instead of Rome, which would've just finished if it had gone seven seasons, wow that's bitter. And apparently he says Kevin McKidd agrees

That makes ... no fucking sense. Rome was cancelled well before GoT began.

EDIT: according to comments in that thread, HBO got the rights back in 2007. So if Rome was cancelled back in 2006 - ok, maybe. But as the comments also note, Rome being cancelled was a mistake by HBO, and they changed their season renewal policy after because they came to appreciate ratings whilst airing weren't everything.

Another interpretation is that its a tongue in cheek remark, since in the past he said he'd like to be on the show and he loved it and HBO. I dunno.

Another behind the scenes video
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

It probably was a tongue in cheek remark. His schedule is probably full or he doesn't want to rehash anyway.

Or he just may be mad at HBO *shrugs*
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I think it's a tongue in cheek remark. If The Following fails to launch, he'd probably leap at an opportunity to be on the shoe (particularly since they'd probably pay him very well). I always imagined him as playing Oberyn Martell extremely well, although it would be mild race-bending.

As for McKidd, I hope he's not serious, either. The guy would probably make a great Spoiler
Jon Connington, particularly since we know he can play the "self-righteous prick soldier" role very well from Rome
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

Honestly, I don't think that there are that many big roles for them anyways.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Honestly, I don't think that there are that many big roles for them anyways.
You kidding?
Spoiler
Along with McKidd playing Jon Connington, Purefoy could play either Victarion or Euron Greyjoy.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Do we have to spoilerize Euron?
Spoiler
I think Purefoy might be too expensive to have as Victarion, particularly since it looks like he's going to be a regular in the series. Euron would be good if he can work out any potential scheduling conflicts.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

Victarion always seemed like a more hulking, quick to anger type. Purefoy has always seemed...slinkier than that. Euron would be better. But as it stands Euron is irrelevant at this point.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Scrib wrote:It probably was a tongue in cheek remark. His schedule is probably full or he doesn't want to rehash anyway.

Dry English humor/humour claims another victim!
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Since both McKidd and Purefoy are on other shows right now (and probably don't want to live in the ass end of nowhere 6 months out of the year) it's not a surprise to me.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Elfdart wrote:
Scrib wrote:It probably was a tongue in cheek remark. His schedule is probably full or he doesn't want to rehash anyway.

Dry English humor/humour claims another victim!
It was. Purefoy tweeted when asked about it that:

"One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter" :)

Anyway, time for very hi-res new/ cool cast pics!

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/01/first ... more-22542
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Hines looks awesome.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Here's the new trailer:

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I know it's not the intention but the still image looks so much like Danny just called in a napalm strike behind her.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Dragons are Westeros' A-1 Skyraiders :)
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

You laugh, but there's a decent case to be made that dragons are more like cannon- the invention that killed the feudal system and centralized power.
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Just gorged myself on all the histories and lore videos on the season 2 blu-rays. Just fantastic stuff, even better than Season 1's offerings.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Extended Season 3 trailer

A bear! A bear! A bear all covered with hair!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

wait I'm added to the cast of Game of thrones?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Heh.

Looking forward to the return.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:wait I'm added to the cast of Game of thrones?
Yes Bear, you get to hang out in Harrenhall and screw with Jaime. It'll be lots of fun.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Press release:
EMMY®- AND GOLDEN GLOBE-WINNING HBO SERIES

GAME OF THRONES RETURNS FOR THIRD SEASON MARCH 31

As Blackwater Bay cools, the victors consolidate their power and rebuild King’s Landing. But new challengers for the Iron Throne rise from the most unexpected places. Characters old and new must navigate the demands of family, honor, ambition, love and – above all – survival, as the Westeros civil war rages into autumn.

Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, GAME OF THRONES is an epic story of treachery and nobility set on the continent of Westeros, where summers and winters can last years, and only the lust for power is eternal. The Emmy®- and Golden Globe-winning series returns for its ten-episode third season SUNDAY, MARCH 31 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, followed by other episodes on subsequent Sundays at the same time.

As season three begins, the Lannisters hold absolute dominion over King’s Landing after repelling Stannis Baratheon’s forces. Yet Robb Stark, King in the North, still controls much of the South as well, and has yet to lose a battle. In the Far North, Mance Rayder has united the wildlings into the largest army Westeros has ever seen. Only the Night’s Watch stands between him and the Seven Kingdoms, but nobody knows what happened to its Lord Commander and the force he led beyond the Wall.

Across the Narrow Sea, Daenerys Targaryen – reunited with her three growing dragons – ventures into Slaver’s Bay in search of ships to take her home and allies to conquer it.

Returning series regulars on GAME OF THRONES this season include: Emmy® and Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Aidan Gillen (Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Richard Madden (Robb Stark), Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon).

Additional returning series regulars this season include: Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy), Jerome Flynn (Bronn), Rory McCann (Sandor “The Hound” Clegane), Conleth Hill (Varys), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), James Cosmo (Commander Jeor Mormont), Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon), Carice van Houten (Melisandre), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), Sibel Kekilli (Shae), Rose Leslie (Ygritte) and Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell).

Returning recurring cast members on GAME OF THRONES this season include: Natalia Tena (Osha), Joe Dempsie (Gendry), Oona Chaplin (Talisa Maegyr Stark), Julian Glover (Maester Pycelle), Kristian Nairn (Hodor), Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell), Esmé Bianco (Ros), Gemma Whelen (Yara Greyjoy), Hannah Murray (Gilly) and Art Parkinson (Rickon Stark).

New cast members for the third season include: Ciarán Hinds (Mance Rayder), Diana Rigg (Lady Olenna Tyrell), Mackenzie Crook (Orell), Clive Russell (Brynden “The Blackfish” Tully), Nathalie Emannuel (Missandei), Kerry Ingram (Shireen Baratheon), Paul Kaye (Thoros of Myr), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed), Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed), Richard Dormer (Beric Dondarrion), Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane), Philip McGinley (Anguy), Tara Fitzgerald (Selyse Baratheon), Tobias Menzies (Edmure Tully), Anton Lesser (Qyburn), Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton) and Noah Taylor (Locke).
Season 1 plot synopsis confirmed:
Jon is brought before Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, while the Night’s Watch survivors retreat south. In King’s Landing, Tyrion asks for his reward. Littlefinger offers Sansa a way out. Cersei hosts a dinner for the royal family. Daenerys sails into Slaver’s Bay.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »