Shaman King

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Ryag Han
Youngling

Shaman King

Post by Ryag Han »

im not sure if this qualifies here, but here it goes. yesterday i just finished reading the Shaman King manga, and i noticed that it raised more interest in the supernatural in me than, well, most other supernatural stories. It also brings forth some rather interesting concepts on spirituality. even though i am an atheist, when i read Shaman King i get the feeling that if supernatural stuff were real, then it comes closer to that reality more than any religion today. is is just me? have any of you, if you read it of course, get the same feeling?

i love that manga. if you didn't read it yet, i highly recommend you do.
95% of people laugh at other people because they are different. Copy this into your profile if you are a part of the 5% that laughs at the other 95% because they're all the same

RAT-FLAIR
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Re: Shaman King

Post by Darth Yan »

I've read it. It had things, but they made the villain too powerful, forcing them to come up with a hair brained scheme at the end. Dresden files got me more interested, especially in Mayan mythology (the villains of one of the books had a very strong mayan motif, since their leaders impersonated mayan gods to subjugate the natives thousands of years ago.)