Game of Thrones Season 2 publicity shots

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Game of Thrones Season 2 publicity shots

Post by Vympel »

Link

Stannis, Melisandre, Brienne and Davos look especially awesome!
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Chirios
Jedi Knight

Re: Game of Thrones Season 2 publicity shots

Post by Chirios »

I agree with Brienne. I actually thought she was a Lannister for a moment when I saw her, couldn't see the actress at all.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

They look awesome. Brienne especially seems to be a grand success.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

Along with echoing the above, 'Arry' and Renly are also looking great.
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

Huh. Brienne doesn't quite fit my image of her - I imagined her looking a bit younger (and more naive). And while it of course makes sense for her to have short hair, I never envisioned it for whatever reason. But her face is nonetheless pitch-perfect - not theatrically grotesque, but certainly not pretty or feminine. And they're managing to make me buy her build as a woman who can wear armor. So yeah, bravo show on a point that I was anticipating and fairly worried on.
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Shadow6
Youngling

Post by Shadow6 »

Actually, this confirms some speculation in the previous thread: Spoiler
Here's a snapshot from the Shadow teaser/trailer, Catelyn holding a knife to Littlefinger:
And the shot of Brienne - same detailing on the tent:
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Faqa wrote:Huh. Brienne doesn't quite fit my image of her - I imagined her looking a bit younger (and more naive). And while it of course makes sense for her to have short hair, I never envisioned it for whatever reason. But her face is nonetheless pitch-perfect - not theatrically grotesque, but certainly not pretty or feminine. And they're managing to make me buy her build as a woman who can wear armor. So yeah, bravo show on a point that I was anticipating and fairly worried on.
Minor complaint: She's not wearing blue. She supposed to be 'Brienne The Blue', though maybe its a pic from later in the story.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Faqa wrote:Huh. Brienne doesn't quite fit my image of her - I imagined her looking a bit younger (and more naive). And while it of course makes sense for her to have short hair, I never envisioned it for whatever reason. But her face is nonetheless pitch-perfect - not theatrically grotesque, but certainly not pretty or feminine. And they're managing to make me buy her build as a woman who can wear armor. So yeah, bravo show on a point that I was anticipating and fairly worried on.
Minor complaint: She's not wearing blue. She supposed to be 'Brienne The Blue', though maybe its a pic from later in the story.
They've been pretty good about avoiding the few ridiculous flourishes of medieval life from the books. Is there anyway to do "the Rainbow Knights" that won't look ridiculous and/or lead to horrible jokes about Renly being gay? Especially given how blatant the show has been about Renly?

Being the Blue Knight isn't that big a part of Brienne's character, she can be just the Maid of Tarth, who happens to be Renly's bodyguard.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Can't say I like their choice of Stannis.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

It's weird. Stannis is supposed to be fairly young (he's younger than Robert, and in his thirties), but my mental image of him is always that of an old man. I figured he'd look rather young when he actually showed up on screen, and I was right.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

It's weird. Stannis is supposed to be fairly young (he's younger than Robert, and in his thirties), but my mental image of him is always that of an old man. I figured he'd look rather young when he actually showed up on screen, and I was right.
Everyone was aged up from the books - if anyone watching Eddard Stark and King Robert in Season 1 assumed they were in their mid-30s, they were on some serious crack.

Now, whilst in real life Stephen Dillane is older than Mark Addy, in reality Mark Addy's weight and face ensure that Stannis can pass as the middle child - and in any event Stannis is only 2 years younger than Robert.

In any event, Dillane is an excellent actor, can't wait to see what he does with Stannis.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/