Big Cats (RAR!)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Big Cats (RAR!)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

like all the other RAR!s all the members of SDN get re-arranged, this time, we all get turned into litterial very big cats, looking like housecats with apposable thumbs, we possess the same amount of body mass as we do in reality, furthermore we have all the magical kitty abilities, (teleportation while unobserved by other sentients)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
noncredible
Padawan Learner

Re: Big Cats (RAR!)

Post by noncredible »

"Sentient" includes other cat-monkeys, right?
"Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible. But, that would be called cannibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies."
— Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

"And, if you should come upon this spot, please do not hurry on. Wait for a time, exactly under the star. Then, if a little man appears who laughs, who has golden hair and who refuses to answer questions, you will know who he is. If this should happen, please comfort me. Send me word that he has come back."
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
The Yosemite Bear

correcct, you must be unobserved to do magic., blame Heisenberg

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

Um..so we're turned into 'Fluffy' Kzzinty (sp?)?

What could possibly go wrong? :)
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
The Yosemite Bear

more like Munghi from the Dirty Pair, but without a couple of hyper destructive human sidekicks running amok....

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I'm really good at unobserved but wouldn't I look patently silly in uniform? Besides, chances are this has happened to me already sometime or other anyway.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:we possess the same amount of body mass as we do in reality
Gonna be a lot of fat fuckin' cats.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

He merely said the same mass. Not a word about what it's made of so far :P Given the weight some of those real world big cats can achieve without being fat...
Now if we're talking the same mass and the same composition, then yeah, probably :D
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Given the internal structure of a cat, then I don't really see how we can be 5 - 6 foot tall cats and not be lein.

I mean, Lions are generally 5 to 8 feet long (or so) and weigh about 250 to 400 lbs.

Quite frankly, if we have a typical cat's mass to muscle ratio instead of human, alot of us are going to be massively underweight.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

I can't recall the Bear mentioning we'd keep our height, just our mass. Though suddenly being a mere 4 or 5 feet tall is certainly going to be weird :D
The Yosemite Bear

that's right, we will remain the same mass, but will have a proper feline bone/cartledge/muscle/fat ratios, which means while we will be much smaller then we are now, we will be able to do quite a bit physically with that mass...

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

In that case, we're now capable of tossing around high end MMA fighters, and could probably tangle with alot of powerful primates without a lot of problem. I didn't say DEFEAT, I said tangle with, as in 'I have a chance of landing a solid blow before having to run away'.

And what kind of great cat? Lions are about human size. Tigers are bigger, and the rest are slightly smaller to considerably smaller.

I call Tiger.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
The Yosemite Bear

no oversized domestic with enhanced poydactyle dewclaws forming opposable thumbs.

LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

So an average male (160lbs) turns into a ~4ft8in long cat, with a ~3 ft tail. (Extrapolated from a 8lb (=not-fat) house cat - 20 times weight = 2.7xx times the size) That's roughly the size of a panther...
If you were to stand upright, you'd be more than 6 feet tall.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Okay, I weight about 300 lbs (yes, I know, and I am dieting), so how big would I end up being?

Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Solauren wrote:Okay, I weight about 300 lbs (yes, I know, and I am dieting), so how big would I end up being?
Somewhere between a normal big cat and a Liger.

Nice Solauren kitty doesn't want to hurt anyone, right?

Can't say that gaining teleportation powers when not observed is quite worth giving up humanity to become Garfield. But to each his own.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Given that ordinary tigers weigh in at above 600lbs and ligers tend to be heavier than that, no, I don't think 300lbs is quite liger level. :D
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Original mass doesn't mean all mass is converted to lean muscle, gonna be a lot of fat fuckin' cats.'

Here's a representation of what I might look like, replace the bud light with a jar of bacon flavored cheese dip.

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

but will have a proper feline bone/cartiledge/muscle/fat ratios,
Depends on what the Bear means by 'proper'. 'Proper' as in befits a healthy cat of that mass, or 'proper' as in 'actually represents the body of the person who got turned into said cat'?
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Look I told Bear that more people on this board needed to get pussy and this is what he came up with, so interpretation is obviously out the window.

LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Solauren wrote:Okay, I weight about 300 lbs (yes, I know, and I am dieting), so how big would I end up being?
My first response would be 4ft8in long, with a ~3 ft tail, but more waist diameter... :twisted:

But then, Bear made a RAR! in which being a fatty makes you more powerful :lol:, so you'd probably be a foot longer (5'8), and some 8 inches more tail... About the size of a female lion.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

In other words, I'm probably one of the biggest 'Catfolk' around. Nice.

My first order of business.... TUNA! I DEMAND TUNA!

The Yosemite Bear

and no one's posting video of themselves on the internets for profit?

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I can see trying to get a gig doing cat food commericals. You'd just have to scale everything up, or do a lot of green-screening.

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Not only don't I need the money but where I live, largish talking cats are bound to be a 'yeah...didn't we have that last year already?'
Unless we seriously get turned into cats, loss of speech and mental capacities and all? Which I'm afraid to say would nix anybody trying to sell videos on the internet. :D