"Once Upon a Time" Talkback (Spoilers)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Re: "Once Upon a Time" Talkback (Spoilers)

Post by Crayz9000 »

For me, the show's plot has been getting more contrived as it goes. It seems that the writers are stretching things just to fit in references to more folklore. It's almost as if they have standing orders to add new characters every arc / every other episode to "keep things interesting". Hint: It ain't working.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I think they shot themselves in the foot by breaking the Curse at the end of Season 1.

Yeah, it had to happen sooner or later. But if seems like everyone's stuck and going back and forth. Regina and Gold's arcs have on life support and they keep going back and forth.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I stopped caring when it was just the Snow White family in Neverland vs Peter Pan's Lost Boys, and stopped watching.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

FaxModem1 wrote:I stopped caring when it was just the Snow White family in Neverland vs Peter Pan's Lost Boys, and stopped watching.
The idea of making Pan a villain was cool in concept -- especially given the twist about his relationship with Gold.

But yeah, that's when my interest finally started to peter out, too.
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

Yeah, last season was contrived as hell and had a lot of promise that was just never delivered on.

So far this season has been fairly decent; although the villains are still by far the only interesting characters.
Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.