Avengers Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

The Avengers Trailer

Post by Mr Bean »

http://boxofficebuz.com/film_clip.php?m ... 4300&hd=on
Looking good, Loki is in it for sure as an enemy. as the rest of the team, Captain America, Hulk, Ironman, Hawkeye, what's her name from IM2 and of course Nick Fury.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: The Avengers Trailer

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

But what else is there, aside from big bad Loki? Does the Tessarect give him the power to conjure explosions by the bay and combine them into baysplosions?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:But what else is there, aside from big bad Loki? Does the Tessarect give him the power to conjure explosions by the bay and combine them into baysplosions?
My money is split between them editing out the Hulk rampaging or some other big bad.
Or mind bullets

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Avengers Trailer

Post by Zor »

Don't know who's doing the shooting up. That does not seem like Loki's style.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Re: Avengers Trailer

Post by Ahriman238 »

Already up, but I can actually see this one, so thanks.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Looks great, nice to see RDJ in an ensemble.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Shroom Man 777 wrote:But what else is there, aside from big bad Loki? Does the Tessarect give him the power to conjure explosions by the bay and combine them into baysplosions?
Rumor is there's going to be a Skrull invasion.
ImageImage
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Mr Bean wrote:what's her name from IM2
Natasha Romanov/Black Widow
Rumor is there's going to be a Skrull invasion.
Off the cuff, I'd say I doubt that. Marvel has pushed the envelope a lot farther than I'd imagined they would for this series (throwing in things like the Cosmic Cube) but I think that an invasion by an empire of superpowered shape-shifting aliens might be going a little too far. They already have several good potential villains, what with having set up Loki, Justin Hammer / the Ten Rings, Samuel Sterns / the Hulk, and even left the door open for Red Skull to come back.

A skrull attack might work for an Avengers sequel, but for this one I think it'd be better if they kept it to what they've got already.
JADAFETWA
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I like the idea already of a Loki/Justin Hammer team up with him Hammer acting as his agent on earth with the Cosmic cube powering some new super robots and you got yourself a world threat right there. Tossing in Red Skull on top is even crazier. But there is a shot of Loki in what looks like a SHIELD facility being led away in chains and per the IM2 Novelization Justin Hammer is SHIELD custody which could be pretty fun if you toss Red Skull in there. I'm not sure there's room for the Mandarin or the Leader considering how much buildup both of them need. But an unholy trinity of evil a man with Hammer's connections Red Skull's insanity and Loki being Loki could be amusing all by itself.

All we know from the lead ins is that the Cosmic Cube is the major driving force of the movie. We saw that from the after credits in Thor and it's main use in Captain America.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Great. Now I'll actually have to watch the after credits of Thor.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Mr Bean wrote:I like the idea already of a Loki/Justin Hammer team up with him Hammer acting as his agent on earth with the Cosmic cube powering some new super robots and you got yourself a world threat right there. Tossing in Red Skull on top is even crazier. But there is a shot of Loki in what looks like a SHIELD facility being led away in chains and per the IM2 Novelization Justin Hammer is SHIELD custody which could be pretty fun if you toss Red Skull in there. I'm not sure there's room for the Mandarin or the Leader considering how much buildup both of them need. But an unholy trinity of evil a man with Hammer's connections Red Skull's insanity and Loki being Loki could be amusing all by itself.
All very true. I don't expect them to use every single one of the villains I named. In fact, I think it would be better if they didn't, or that would end up being a lot of stuff to juggle for one movie. I just wanted to point out that the lead-up films have done a superb job establishing the stable of potential villains for the Avengers movie and sequels thereof.
JADAFETWA
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Batman wrote:Great. Now I'll actually have to watch the after credits of Thor.
Here ya go.

ImageImage
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

... It's going to be a long wait til May.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

This movie better be nothing but Tony Stark talking to people for two and a half hours.

and where is Don Cheadle :[
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

VF5SS wrote:This movie better be nothing but Tony Stark talking to people for two and a half hours.

and where is Don Cheadle :[
It will be fine if we get at least one scene of Tony Stark and Thor in a bar blasted out of their minds even better if Cap is there designated driver.

But yes where is Don Cheadle, in fact are we going to get none of the supporting characters from the other movies?

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

The line: "Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away and what are you?"
"Genius, Billionare, Playboy Philanthropist"

is GOLD :D
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

The Grim Squeaker wrote:The line: "Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away and what are you?"
"Genius, Billionare, Playboy Philanthropist"

is GOLD :D
Thor's chuckle adds a lot to it too. Sort of a 'Saw you losing this argument from a mile away' feeling.
Dread Not
Padawan Learner

Post by Dread Not »

Man, it takes a lot to get my ass to a movie theater, but there's no way I'm missing this, even if it sucks. I'm such a hopeless geek for crossovers/team-ups. I have mixed feelings about Joss Whedon's work, especially recently. I hope this is more like Serenity and less like Dollhouse.
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Zor wrote: Don't know who's doing the shooting up. That does not seem like Loki's style.

Zor
The Skrulls?
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Only a slight glimpse of the Hulk? Booo! :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Just watched it again, Tony is wearing a Black Sabbath T-shirt. <3
ImageImage
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

Well he is Ironman
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

I cannot freaking wait.
I'm not a fan of the "cut to black every couple of seconds" style, it gives me a headache - but for the Avengers, I'll overlook that. Trailer has me hopeful, and those pics released from the set awhile back have me more so.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Post by lordofchange13 »

I didn't see the Hulk in the trailer, just Bruce are they having him has only a back ground character?
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
Moby Halcyon
Youngling

Post by Moby Halcyon »

Did you actually watch the trailer all the way through? The Hulk shows up in a shot at the end.
"Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'"
—Fred, Angel