Avengers Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

One Two
Youngling

Re: The Avengers Trailer

Post by One Two »

Damn, what is up Loki's ass, dude looks 20x times more pissed than he was in Thor. Nice trailer, I'm gladding they actually went with a rock song for the sake of fun rather than go with the epic latin chanting.
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Re: Avengers Trailer

Post by lordofchange13 »

Moby Halcyon wrote:Did you actually watch the trailer all the way through? The Hulk shows up in a shot at the end.
lol, must have been my internet didn't see the last 9ish seconds, first time i watched.
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

We didn't need two threads on the same topic. MERGED
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

"Dr Banner, I'm a real fan of your work ... and also how you turn into a big green Rage Monster..."

RDJ is going to carry the movie, if he keeps getting the great one-liners. I do hope HawkEye and Thor get a few zingers though. Cap is a straight-man for comedy, imho.

Although... was that LOKI who threw Cap out the window? And I hope the Cap/Thor fight is a sparring match.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I have to admit to be among the people who where thankful for the second trailer though. I had trouble with the original YouTube one too.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

LadyTevar wrote:"Dr Banner, I'm a real fan of your work ... and also how you turn into a big green Rage Monster..."

RDJ is going to carry the movie, if he keeps getting the great one-liners. I do hope HawkEye and Thor get a few zingers though. Cap is a straight-man for comedy, imho.

Although... was that LOKI who threw Cap out the window? And I hope the Cap/Thor fight is a sparring match.
I want to see this version of the Hulk. Will it be more like Eric Bana's Hulk (the madder he gets, the bigger and stronger he becomes) or Edward Norton's primal Hulk?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

LadyTevar wrote:
Although... was that LOKI who threw Cap out the window?
Loki's a Frost Giant with physical abilities on par with Asgardians. He's more than strong enough to throw Cap around like a rag doll. In most incarnations he's stronger than Spiderman, who can do shit like throw cars at people when he gets pissed off enough. Of course being stronger than Cap and beating Cap are two different things.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

I hereby deem it right and proper to raise this thread back to life and present the "Extended" trailer as seen during the Super Bowl:

They have a Hulk.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

I have seen most of the Marvel offerings, and around half my blu ray are of Marvel movies. I am going to see this, and if it turns out great I will get the blu ray as well.

Loki - I have an army
Stark - We have a Hulk.

I always felt the Hulk should have been an integral part of the Avengers. Unfortunately with all the shit that occurs in his comic, planet Hulk anyone, its hard to fit him in.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

mr friendly guy wrote: Loki - I have an army
Stark - We have a Hulk.
That was fucking sweet.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

"We have a Hulk" = Total win.

I have to wonder though, is Iron Man going featured as heavily in the movie as he is in the trailers? At this point it might as Well be titled "Iron Man 3: Iron Man & His super friends."

Do they have no confidence in the rest of the cast not being overpowered by Downey's presence?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Crazedwraith wrote:"We have a Hulk" = Total win.

I have to wonder though, is Iron Man going featured as heavily in the movie as he is in the trailers? At this point it might as Well be titled "Iron Man 3: Iron Man & His super friends."

Do they have no confidence in the rest of the cast not being overpowered by Downey's presence?
CW you should know better, the marketing department came to the studio and said "Give us the best lines for the superbowl trailer because we are spending millions on it", thus Downey is the sarcastic one thus he's going to get the best lines thus be featured the most.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I'll be highly amused if 90% of RDJ's screen time turns out to be the stuff featured in the trailers... Plus Iron Man's action scenes.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Well, he's clearly at least going to get the scene where the Villain tries to intimidate the hero and they trash talk for a bit, in what appears to be Stark's kitchen no less.

I'm confused, is Loki bringing down an alien invasion?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Ahriman238 wrote:
I'm guessing that's Hydra. Evil, has access to hypertech, longtime foe of the Avengers, and already featured in the Captain America movie.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Imperial Overlord wrote:
Ahriman238 wrote:
I'm guessing that's Hydra. Evil, has access to hypertech, longtime foe of the Avengers, and already featured in the Captain America movie.
I'm guessing some combination of Hydra and Hammer bots since we saw both in recent movies. Loki as the big bad from Thor, Hammer suits from Iron Man, Hydra as the lackies stealing the Hammer suits twisted to Loki's side.

Good as this movie is probably going to be my main question is are they going to drop plot hooks for Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America II and a possible new Hulk 3 2/3rds before the inevitable Avengers II.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
One Two
Youngling

Post by One Two »

Crazedwraith wrote:"We have a Hulk" = Total win.

Joss Whedon said that the movie is gonna be from the point of view of Captain America, but seeings how Iron Man grossed the highest out of all the Marvel movies, the smart move is to feature Downey Jr. in most of your advertising.
At this point it might as Well be titled "Iron Man 3: Iron Man & His super friends."
No one's made that joke before. Kudos on being totally original.

And what do you even by "at this point", you've seen like 3 1/2 minutes of the whole movie at best that was just bits of everyone.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

And every other one of those bits is stark saying something witty or doing something cool.

Also, I do beg your pardon I was unaware there was a bar for 'you must be this original to post'
One Two
Youngling

Post by One Two »

Crazedwraith wrote:And every other one of those bits is stark saying something witty or doing something cool.

Also, I do beg your pardon I was unaware there was a bar for 'you must be this original to post'
Would you rather him in a dress drunk? Whatever does it for you man. We're not judging.

May I repeat myself? Joss Whedon said that the movie is gonna be from the point of view of Captain America, but seeings how Iron Man grossed the highest out of all the Marvel movies, the smart move is to feature Downey Jr. in most of your advertising.

I was gonna reply to your 2nd sentence, but then I ... Spoiler
took an arrow to the knee.
^You see how that wasn't funny or original. That's the equivalent of what you did.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Whether or not Crazedwraith's post was funny or original, unlike that last comment by you, it was at least on topic. Yours was completely random.
And are you seriously stupid enough to not understand what 'at this point' means?
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

I'm not sure I like the Mk 5 Iron Man suit. The suits in the first movie felt massive, like they did actually weight tons, and didn't so much avoid attacks as just shrug them off. This suit seems far more lightweight and just a bit to nimble.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Alkaloid wrote:I'm not sure I like the Mk 5 Iron Man suit. The suits in the first movie felt massive, like they did actually weight tons, and didn't so much avoid attacks as just shrug them off. This suit seems far more lightweight and just a bit to nimble.
Yeah, it's not like a SUper-genius like Stark wouldn't keep improving his armor and elminating anything he felt was a flaw.

After all, he's been using that big black thing he escaped from the Five Rings with forever, right?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Come again? Even the improvised Mk I suit didn't look like it weighed tons. None of the followup suits looked any bulkier than the Mk 5.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

It wasn't really visual, it was a feeling thing. The first movie, every time he took a step in the suit, there was this clank, and it didn't sound tinny or lightweight, it sounded like someone had dropped a dumbell. Or in two, the MK 2 and 3 suits went through the hammeroids like they were mad of wet paper, but the scene where Stark and Rhodes are going at it there was a sense of real wight to it, they didn't deflect or dodge they just slugged it out, and when they took a hit there was a sense it was a big hit, it just didn't really matter because the suit could take it. There was the suitcase suit that did look a bit lighter, but that was ok because it was supposed to.

Watching the trailer i just get the feeling that if this suit got hit it would actually be damaged.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Based on-what, exactly? Especially as the Mk II was actually damaged by dinky 20 mm rounds?