First picture of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

First picture of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Link.

I'm guessing she either figured out Batman's identity or decided to break in somewhere, found the Batpod, and took it on a joyride. Half-assed guesses, they are.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Crown
NARF

Re: First picture of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman

Post by Crown »

No cleavage exposed, but ass should look awesome! It will do nicely! :mrgreen:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

Why is she called "Catwoman?"
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

This shot is supposedly early in the movie, when she's trying to make her bones as a no-name thief by stealing the batpod while Batman is doing something.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

Thank goodness! That would work.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

It looks cool, although those glasses aren't much of a disguise.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

More pictures here:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=43718

Nice buns. I wonder if this is a stuntwoman rather than Hathaway though? Given that in this image she seems to actually be riding the bike down the steps, and the goggles are being held on with a strap around her jaw...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Considering it says its her stunt woman at the top of the page...
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Those pics match up with those of Bale and Hardy so I assume Catwoman has teamed up with Batman against Bane and Co..
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

More rumors on her.
When you run a website like Batman-News.com, you get sent tips and “scoops” almost every day. I do my best to filter out the BS, and just deliver news from reliable sources here. Back in June I received a tip from a source claiming to know details about Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises. One of the things mentioned was “she steals the Batpod” and at the time, I thought that sounded too cool to be true. Well, now Warner Bros. has officially released a picture of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman on top of the Batpod, which means there’s probably some truth in that report I received. Here it is in full… if you’re avoiding details about Catwoman’s backstory, you may not want to continue.

Catwoman is apparently one of the most well written characters we’ve seen in these movies so far and she could potentially steal the show the way Heath Ledger did last time. She does some cool stuff in the movie like jumping out of windows and stealing the Batpod. Her back story is that she has a history of abuse and works as a stripper and is also a pickpocket.

And if you weren’t blown away by Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman costume, don’t worry. A completely separate source informed me that Catwoman will be wearing a cowl at some point in The Dark Knight Rises. I’m not as confident in this source yet, so I’m passing this info along for the sake of discussion. As always this should be taken as rumor until it’s proven to be official, but I have no reason to doubt the accuracy in the first report regarding Selina Kyle’s backstory. What do you think of this news? Let me know in the comments.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

It is hard to tell how good her costume is with several early and out of context behind the scenes photos, though I must say Anne Hathaway (and her stunt double) looks great for the role and I hope the cowl she gets halfway through the movie will be similar to the cowl worn by Catwoman in the 2000s era comic books (with goggles), though I must say her costume looks too high-tech for my liking and I would've thought her gear would have a more home made to look to it (though not as grungy as as Michelle Pfeiffer’s infamous cat costume).
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Fucking hell. What the fuck is going on in the background? Looks like a war zone.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Havok wrote:Fucking hell. What the fuck is going on in the background? Looks like a war zone.
The background is similar to the one with Batman and Bane fighting. That is why I believe that in Ann's pic, her character probably is helping out Batman. Or possibly stealing it while Bats is too busy. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

My wife hated the Frank Miller reboot of her backstory, and I'm not going to hear the end of it now that it's leaking out that they're basically using that one for the movie. Crap.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

You mean where Frank Miller made Selina a former hooker? :wink:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I'm surprised Frank Miller hasn't made Batman a former hooker. :lol:

And is it me, or was the "fake" leaked Catwoman outfit from the other thread, the exact same outfit?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Danny
Redshirt

Post by Danny »

I dont see WHY people associate sex symbol status with being a good choice. Need i remind these people Halley Berry's take on catwoman was so stupid it made me cringe in my seat. The movie was so stupid i stopped beating off to Halley. Anne Hathaway [which has always been regarded as an attractive, sexy lady] has the artistic skills to pull off such a feat, as heath ledger pulled off the Joker. The storyline from the seems is very dramatic, dark, and full of ass kicking that would make her interpretation of catwoman worthwhile to watch.

Although i must say the glasses look kinda ridiculous.

Chris Nolan has not failed us before, and he wont fail us now.
There are 3 types of people in this world: Winners, Losers, and Guys like me who make winners look like losers.
If stupidity was a crime, Earth would be 1 giant prison colony.
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

*twitches at shitty grammar and spelling*

Err... That's quite the non sequitur jumping from craptastic Catwoman movie to sex symbol = bad.
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Slacker wrote:My wife hated the Frank Miller reboot of her backstory, and I'm not going to hear the end of it now that it's leaking out that they're basically using that one for the movie. Crap.
Ugh, I hated that change to her backstory. Of course, this is Frank Miller, every woman he writes has some kind of sex work in her background. At least lately, that seems to be his thing. I'm pretty sure we've had discuss on this board before about how FM has been going increasing crazy.
ComradeClaus
BANNED
Location: Ossurary Gateworld, Corrupted Wilderness, Star Wars Galaxy. Serving her Divine Highness.

Post by ComradeClaus »

Panzersharkcat wrote:
If you’re avoiding details about Catwoman’s backstory, you may not want to continue.

Her back story is that she has a HISTORY OF ABUSE and works as a STRIPPER and is also a pickpocket.
Seriously?! Is there EVER a case in Hollywood where a stripper HASN'T lived a life of abuse, drug addiction, various trials & tribulations?! :banghead:

They couldn't make catwoman a mystery? Like Psiren from Full metal Alchemist or Rouge The Bat? Or The Joker as played by Heath Ledger? The mystery is a big part of the character!

Adding wangst is a terrible idea. But at least she'll be more badass than Halle's catwoman.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

There's an odd sort of symmetry here. Hathaway was going to play the Black Cat in Spiderman 4, before that movie got shitcanned in favor of a reboot. Now she's playing Catwoman in the last of Nolan's Batman movies. And they're already talking about a reboot after Nolan leaves.

Maybe it was all for the best after all. Hathaway is a pretty good actress and I'd hate for her to get typecast as 'sexy cat-burglar.'
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Update in full suit. Insert annoyance with the idiotic Combat Stilletos trope here. Oh, well. I, for one, love the look on Christian Bale's face in this picture.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

A smile like that just looks so unnatural with that mask on.

Oh well, the Catwoman suit is fine, I guess. I'd have gone with more of a mask, and perhaps a slightly bulkier suit, but its okay.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Does she have to have the ears?

And batman should not smile!
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

That smile is hilarious.

But god damnit, Why the heels? WHY!?
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran