My Little Pony

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: My Little Pony

Post by madd0ct0r »

i don't think this has appeared here yet:

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITr90v7UaNg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITr90v7UaNg&hl ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

ok. duno why not embedded.
direct link here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITr90v7U ... r_embedded
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Post by lordofchange13 »

madd0ct0r wrote:i don't think this has appeared here yet:

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITr90v7UaNg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITr90v7UaNg&hl ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

ok. duno why not embedded.
direct link here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITr90v7U ... r_embedded
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
SpaceMarine93
Jedi Knight

Post by SpaceMarine93 »

I really don't see why we should include a "Evil villain's daughter" plot for Discord. He's a Spirit of Disharmony and Chaos, why would he be bothered to create a daughter that would potentially rival him in power, even just for the lolz? Chances are Screwball is just a pony driven mad by Discord during his rampage.

Anyways, I would like to recommend a MLP FIM fanfic. Imagine what would happen, when "The Sun is Tired"?

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/s ... tired.html

Story by Brony MaskOfData of Equestria Daily.
Life sucks and is probably meaningless, but that doesn't mean there's no reason to be good.

--- The Anti-Nihilist view in short.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

So, um...

Mind if I join? :lol:
LadyTevar wrote:I actually like the fact we don't see what broke her wing, as imagination makes a better story.
Maybe she hit a birch?

Or, alternatively, was betrayed at dawn. Or flew into helium cloud.
Wing Commander MAD
Jedi Knight

Post by Wing Commander MAD »

Am I the only one who finds it odd that a few days bed rest is all Rainbow Dash needs to recover from a broken wing? I can't remember if she flew in the episode after her release, if not I suppose they may just have kept her long enough to set the bone and make sure it started to heal properly before releasing her. That would make far more sense than a fractured bone mending completely in a few days.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Out-of-universe, I think the writers just didn't think about it. They wanted RD in the hospital for a little while and a stung-gone-bad was the most hands-on explanation.

In-universe, maybe ponies just heal fast or wings have more specilised bones? Or maybe RD just sprained some joints, rather than actually brake bones (I had a torn joint/ligament/forgotitsenglishname and stayed in the hospital for the total of 1 day and that was mostly because of the massively long wait line rather than any doctor's decision)?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Wing Commander MAD
Jedi Knight

Post by Wing Commander MAD »

I'm almost certain we saw an X-ray with a very clear fracture.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

It's possible Ponies have a pretty high healing factor. Twilight got creamed by a flower pot, an anvil, a wagon, and a piano in "Feeling Pinkie Keen" and was only in bandages for what, a few hours? Less? Now granted she's a unicorn and that may help out some, but she was obviously "patched up" by somepony so it wasn't strictly 'cartoon physics' like someone pancaking into a wall or door.

On another note, there is Big Mac's unexplained injury in "Applebuck Season" which kept him out for at least a couple days, but IIRC we don't know what he did, nor do we really know when he actually recovered or had a timeframe on it. Just that it was inconveniently around the time all those apples needed bucking.

Of course healing could be in the order of Unicorns -> Pegasi -> Earth Ponies in terms of speed. But that's without any justification whatsoever and is pure SWAG territory.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

or it depends how good the unicorn doctor is at magically healing you -
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight

Post by lordofchange13 »

Wouldn't Earth ponies logically heal faster, because there suppose to have superpony body's? We did see a picture that showed very explicitly a broken bone.
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

naturally healing - probably. My point was that the doctor might be helping things along - classic health potion stuff.
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

Whoa.

iTunes apparently accidentally leaked the next episode a couple of days early. It's already been uploaded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc9JyGK0qCI
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

They are trolling the fandom, they must be.

She deserves to have the best stallion as her 'very special somepony'

... strangely obssessed with tubs of jelly...

please tell miss cheerielee is a lesbos inhabitant.

hang on, earthpony's plus tumblers? gah. opposable thumbs fail. though god knows why that annoys me and hoovering the colour out of a rainbow dosen't.

and back to trolling the fandom.
or 'Kids, don't do drugs'
or 'read the instructions first' but mostly 'dont write slash fanfic'

I really hope Big Mac is the top end of earth pony strength, because that's ridiculous.

awwww. episode finished.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

EDIT: Never mind, I appearently have the memory of a gnat.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Awww, the girls love their teacher. The real question is, how are they going to get that out of the door.

Ah, it folds. That explains it.

Hoho, little gray colt has fans!

This is the first time we hear Sweetie Belle really sing.
Girls, the Doctor is too busy to worry about splashing things! Plus, he already has Derpy!

Huh, annoyed Cherilee sounds so different than her usual upbeat version.

Yes, they just made fun of the typical romance film kiss thing! I hate those.

Oh girls, the weather team is going to be annoyed! UH! Vacuum cleaners and electricity confirmed in Equastria (they could have used bellows)!

Heh, Cherilee figured it out.

Am I the only one a bit disturbed that the little fillies are better liars than the adults?

Heh, I am figuring that the girls haven't read any part of the book that doesn't involve the recipe.

Yup, I was right.

I love how even the married mare has enough of the goofing.

Yes Applebloom, you should have thought about forcefully keeping your very strong brother at any distance BEFORE.

Poor Berrypunch. I am pretty sure a house isn't supposed to move like that.

Rarity is going to be PISSED!

Haha! I love the ending! It would be hilarious if we saw those two later hitching it up anyway later on.

Overall: A great episode in many respects. First off, the lesson is a rather good one: people shouldn't meddle. Second, it is a CMC episode with what the CMC do best: make a lot of trouble. Third, it was a pretty funny episode.
Credo!
Revy
Jedi Knight

Post by Revy »

Haha, Sweetie Belle is such a matchmaker isn't she? Not only was it her idea, she got really enthusiastic about it. Twilight ... really? Not even a little suspicious? *facehoof*

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo should get a cutie mark for digging. Or trap making. Or improv. That was fast. Also, Big Mac is secretly Superstallion - the MLP equivalent of Superman. I'm calling it now.

... kinda surprised there was no side plot or mini scene with Spike and Rarity for this one.
"And the writers sayeth unto the firmament: let there be a hokey plot convenience! And lo, I sayeth it shall be a curse upon Voyager, and all the people who dwell within, and they shall surely feeleth like a collection of jackasses."
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

There was probably no time for the Spike-Rarity plot. Otherwise we could have gotten cameos with other ponies.
Credo!
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight

Post by lordofchange13 »

Why is this episode out so early?
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Because someone at iTunes was incompetent apparently. It was one for an hour or so, but it spread.
Credo!
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight

Post by lordofchange13 »

Thank you incompetent person for finishing my day off nice. I'm about to watch the episode.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

madd0ct0r wrote:She deserves to have the best stallion as her 'very special somepony'

... strangely obssessed with tubs of jelly...

please tell miss cheerielee is a lesbos inhabitant.
Given who almost ended up with, would say it's unlikely :P

Though, yes, this song was a gold mine of different memorable ponies. Pony priest (over a coffin)? Britpony (loved him)? Clowns? Sick ponies (oops, part of fandom ruined)?

All in all, nice episode, lots of CMC doing creepy faces/stuff, though, was surprised how mind-altering potions are available to everyone and their kid...
Zixinus wrote:Hoho, little gray colt has fans!
Who?
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight

Post by lordofchange13 »

The really short one that was in the song
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Irbis wrote:
Zixinus wrote:Hoho, little gray colt has fans!
Who?
My guess would be the new Pudgy Pony with the knife and fork cutie mark.
He is actually slightly more pudgy then Snips, the current pudgy pony.

His fan given name? Truffle Shuffle
I LOVE this fandom.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

I prefer the nickname "Russell" for the chubby kid. You know, after the main character of Up.

And yeah, I really liked that brief love triangle moment between him, Twist and the other filly.

The episode was great fun overall. Sweetie Belle is pulling further ahead of the other CMCs for me.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

He's actually the spitting image of one of the kids in my class. When I get them to do the 'jumping up and down game' he just looks at me sadly.

Ok. so magic potions as a generic thing exist, not just with zecora. the vacumn is funny though:
1) they reach the end of a rainbow
2) the vacumn either has a very lng extension lead, or isn't electrical
3) THEY SUCK THE COLOURS OUT OF A RAINBOW.

who thinks the wedding will be series finale?

I'm calling it for magic. The vacumn motor might be magical, gas or battery powered.