A Superman Returns brainbug

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

A Superman Returns brainbug

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

So in the movie, Lex gets the crystals from the fortress of solitude. He wraps one in kryptonite and shoots it into the ocean, where its going to grow into a continent the size of Australia.

But, at the end the 5 other crystals also fell into the ocean. Why didn't they start growing?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Srelex
Jedi Master

Re: A Superman Returns brainbug

Post by Srelex »

Didn't he encase the ocean crystal in something before firing it?
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Srelex wrote:Didn't he encase the ocean crystal in something before firing it?
He put it in kryptonite to make the island be full of kryptonite. The crystal 'test' he did in the mansion was just a fleck of crystal in water.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Well, in that case perhaps the crystal he launched was specialized for, er, growing? Weren't the others information containers or something?
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Obviously, the untreated crystals only grow in sweetwater, or don't work at depths below a few feet, or something, and Luthor learned all about how to modify the crystals when he read the Krypton technology wiki at the Fortress, because kryptonian technology is so advanced they don't even know the concept of user ID. So much for thinking TNG computer security was bad.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:So in the movie, Lex gets the crystals from the fortress of solitude. He wraps one in kryptonite and shoots it into the ocean, where its going to grow into a continent the size of Australia.

But, at the end the 5 other crystals also fell into the ocean. Why didn't they start growing?
Luther's henchwoman dropped them out of the helicopter onto the island surface which Superman has already begun lifting up into the air so I assume they never fell into the ocean.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

Stravo wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:So in the movie, Lex gets the crystals from the fortress of solitude. He wraps one in kryptonite and shoots it into the ocean, where its going to grow into a continent the size of Australia.

Luther's henchwoman dropped them out of the helicopter onto the island surface which Superman has already begun lifting up into the air so I assume they never fell into the ocean.
this, Parker Posey dropped them onto the island that Superman threw into space. And seeing how they are on a kryptonite island in space, Superman probably would have a hard time retrieving them.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector