First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern

Post by JME2 »

Batman wrote:To my knowledge, Terry being a demiclone of me is not so far official DC Comics canon.
True, but I still don't care. I'd gladly take Terry any day over Damian -- though the new comic series admittedly sucks.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Unfortunately, the rest of us have to deal with the real world, where blithely ignoring evidence you don't like is not an option.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

JME2 wrote:
Batman wrote:To my knowledge, Terry being a demiclone of me is not so far official DC Comics canon.
True, but I still don't care. I'd gladly take Terry any day over Damian -- though the new comic series admittedly sucks.
Damian is Ten. Years. Old. He was inevitably going to be a massively annoying brat. Which is why I think introducing him into mainline continuity was an incredibly stupid idea to begin with.
And just for the record, Terry and his spin-off series are the reason I think there can be a Batman that's not me.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Batman wrote:Unfortunately, the rest of us have to deal with the real world, where blithely ignoring evidence you don't like is not an option.
Fair enough.

I've become more and more disenfranchised with the mainstream DCU as of late; I'm feeling nostalgic for the DCAU.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Batman wrote:Unfortunately, the rest of us have to deal with the real world, where blithely ignoring evidence you don't like is not an option.
Very true, but fictional canon is always a matter of consensus rather than fact.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

JME2 wrote:
I've become more and more disenfranchised with the mainstream DCU as of late; I'm feeling nostalgic for the DCAU.
Check my location :D
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Batman wrote:
JME2 wrote:
Check my location :D
Is there room for one more? :wink:
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

It's a pretty big drawer. :D
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Batman wrote:It's a pretty big drawer. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Molyneux wrote:
Very true, but fictional canon is always a matter of consensus rather than fact.
If that were true, we could happily ignore VOY and ENT (or post-Infinite Crisis DC). Not an option under this board's rules. Believe me, I wish it were.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Hrm? You can't ignore canon, or impose your own definitions of it, in debates on capabilities, but in private I don't give a shit if you don't consider Enterprise an actual part of the Star Trek timeline, or if you'd like to pretend One More Day/Brand New Day never happened.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Absolutely. But if it isn't for the purposes of debate or discussion, canon becomes a moot point anyway. It's fiction. You can ignore however much of it you like.