Fire Nation Industry Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Fire Nation Industry Thread

Post by Zor »

This thread is about attempting to quantify the Military/Industrial capacities of the Fire Nation from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Lets start with some basic points.

Fire Navy Ships-They are fairly large affairs, It looks as if the standard Fire Navy ship is over a hundred meters long and probably weigh at least in the area of 10,000 Tonnes. There are also smaller craft used for scouting (Zuko’s ship and the Southern Raiders). These ships serve as both troopships and weapons platforms with their Trebuchets. There are a few larger ships (Azula’s personal ship and Zhao’s flagship).

(See 0:47)

The Fire Navy’s size-Its freaking HUGE. At least a hundred and twenty of the larger categories of ship were seen during the siege on the North (I remember hearing that they mobilized a thousand ships, but the 120 is good enough for a lower limit). Let’s assume an average crew of 750 each (about as much as you would expect for a Great War era battleship or Cruiser), leaving aside soldiers and support personnel (Tank mechanics, Komodo Rhino Stable hands and so forth) that were onboard as well, that equates to about 90,000 sailors minimum. The Fire Nation suffered heavy losses during the Siege of the North in manpower and equipment. And guess what? The Fire Nation STILL maintained naval dominance over the Avatar world outside of the area around the Northern Water Tribe’s capital and had enough forces to continue to fight their war against the Earth Kingdom.

Tanks-The Fire Nation has a large number of these vehicles. Given the simple number of them and the fact that they are visually identical, it is likely that the Fire Nation has assembly line production of these vehicles.

Some images and additional comments would be most welcome.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor