Twisted Mermaid Question

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Twisted Mermaid Question

Post by Straha »

I know we've all had this question at one time or another, but how do Mermaids Copulate?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Re: Twisted Mermaid Question

Post by SirNitram »

Straha wrote:I know we've all had this question at one time or another, but how do Mermaids Copulate?
My fond childhood memories of undersea worlds are now irrevocably tainted.

DIE.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Futurama went into great detail...the female spews her eggs and the males go insert their sperm into such.

See TV is educational.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The same way that Dolphins and Whales copulate.
The male organ emerges from the protected skin covering, and is inserted into the camoflauged slit of the female during a 'mating dance' where the couple swims belly to belly with each other, spiralling up towards the surface.

Isn't Discovery Channel so entertaining?! :roll:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

This was answered in a rubbish pirate comedy with craig charles. The guy bones the laid eggs.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

In the earliest myths, mermaids did not have the lower body of a fish - instead, each leg ended in a fish's tail. Kinda like the Tritons from D&D.

Because of this, they could crossbreed with humans. (I recall reading that ol' Heracles himself once had three sons with a mermaid - they were called Agathyrsos, Gelenos and Skythos)
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

LadyTevar wrote:The same way that Dolphins and Whales copulate.
The male organ emerges from the protected skin covering, and is inserted into the camoflauged slit of the female during a 'mating dance' where the couple swims belly to belly with each other, spiralling up towards the surface.

I seem to remember something like that from Dolphinsex.com (don't look if you value your sanity). As I recall, Beowulf linked to it a while back for some reason.
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I like the Spash version better where the mermaids could have legs as long as they didn't get wet. Not that kind of wet you pervs.

I seem to recall some fantasy world that did something similar but I can't recall which one. It seems something that Piers Anthony would do in his Xanth series. :)
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

It was dolphinsex.org, I thought. Anyway, the mermaid, having fishlike qualities, would obviously simply expel the eggs from her body, at which point the merman would ejaculate and the sperm would fertilize the eggs. Unfortunately, this does ruin mermaid fantasies, so I will go with waht Tevar said.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Tsyroc wrote: Not that kind of wet you pervs.
What is it of thoughts you expect from us? It's as if... oh, never mind. :P

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

Tsyroc wrote: I seem to recall some fantasy world that did something similar but I can't recall which one. It seems something that Piers Anthony would do in his Xanth series. :)
However did you guess? Seriously though, IIRC, the only mermaids they discussed this about, without involving love springs, had the ability to change between fins and feet at will, from what I recall...
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

At least no one brought up The Little Mermaid...

*twitch*

AUGH FUCK MY BRAIN OW
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

SirNitram wrote:At least no one brought up The Little Mermaid...
THE IMAGERY OF THAT!!

[Arnie] Mein eyes, mein eyes! Ze goggles do nozzing! [/Arnie]

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

3rd Impact wrote:

I seem to remember something like that from Dolphinsex.com (don't look if you value your sanity). As I recall, Beowulf linked to it a while back for some reason.
I've seen it. :shock:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

SirNitram wrote:At least no one brought up The Little Mermaid...

*twitch*

AUGH FUCK MY BRAIN OW
Relax, love, relax. Remember, she was given a human body by a spell cast on her. So relax, she was human when she wed.

She even had a daughter :shock: Straight to Video Little Mermaid 2

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

LadyTevar wrote:
3rd Impact wrote:

I've seen it. :shock:
It's gone now, except for the google cache... which is still scarry, and frieky, and funny, and curious(for instence how can he actually have sex with dolphins so much).
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

I have a nice pic on how that's done, I'll posted in the BtoM when I can find it. :twisted:
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

YOU SICK BASTARD!

POST IT!
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

It's threads like these that remind me why I love this place so much...
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:YOU SICK BASTARD!

POST IT!
I will when I find it and it will be posted to the BotM

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

The pics are posted

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

In the BtoM
Enjoy your answer to this topic
Hehehehehehe :twisted:

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Apparently, sex with a mermaid is painful to at least the mermaid.

The man's head (his, uh, actual head) wasn't in the picture, so I can't say whether or not it was a painful experience for him as well.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Apparently, sex with a mermaid is painful to at least the mermaid.

The man's head (his, uh, actual head) wasn't in the picture, so I can't say whether or not it was a painful experience for him as well.
Some how I don't think so after all a mermaid spends most of her life in the water so she should be very well lubed.
If you have ever seen the adult vertion of the little mermaid know as the little spearm maid you'll understand that

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

LT.Hit-Man wrote:Some how I don't think so after all a mermaid spends most of her life in the water so she should be very well lubed.
If you have ever seen the adult vertion of the little mermaid know as the little spearm maid you'll understand that
Water's actually a pretty shoddy lube. At times it actually seems to increase friction, but at other times it provides way too much lube.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Darth Yoshi wrote:
LT.Hit-Man wrote:Some how I don't think so after all a mermaid spends most of her life in the water so she should be very well lubed.
Water's actually a pretty shoddy lube. At times it actually seems to increase friction, but at other times it provides way too much lube.
That's because it's all a matter of depth :twisted: