New anime that you have just begun watching

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

New anime that you have just begun watching

Post by Shinova »

I'm watching Ruroni Kenshin episode 1 now. And I have only ONE thing to say.

Oro

:mrgreen:
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

Trigun. It isn't bad. I guess I just had a bad experience with the only anime on TV seeming to be pokemon, yugioh and non-fighting eps of DBZ
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

I just finished the VoH anime and I don't know which series to start next.
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Finished Azumanga Daioh recently and Vandread last night. Currently re-watching Lain (just got the boxset) and will probably get started on my GiTS: SAC fansubs next.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Durran Korr wrote:Finished Azumanga Daioh recently
One of my favorites
and Vandread last night.
Nevar watched it

Currently re-watching Lain (just got the boxset)
I couldn't stand that series so I dumped it after the fourth ep (>o.o<)
Hey Lain, can you do more than stare at people as if you were about to overdose? DIDN'T THINK SO

and will probably get started on my GiTS: SAC fansubs next.
Ghost in the Shell what? I saw the movie, wasn't what I was expecting. Art direction was completely different from what people were raving over when the franchise picked up popularity stateside (maybe it was a different movie or something)
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Nevar watched it
You'd like Vandread. It's right up your alley.
I couldn't stand that series so I dumped it after the fourth ep (>o.o<)
Hey Lain, can you do more than stare at people as if you were about to overdose? DIDN'T THINK SO
Fair enough, it's a definite love/hate series.
Ghost in the Shell what? I saw the movie, wasn't what I was expecting. Art direction was completely different from what people were raving over when the franchise picked up popularity stateside (maybe it was a different movie or something)
Stand Alone Complex. It's supposed to be a lot more faithful to the manga than the film (the art direction looks quite different, from what I've seen, in the series). I honestly didn't care much for the film, either; I liked the atmosphere, loved the characters, and loved the setting, but I found the story rather dull. I've heard Stand Alone Complex is quite different from the movie and arguably superior.

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Stand Alone Complex. It's supposed to be a lot more faithful to the manga than the film
It uses some bits of the manga.

But the basic premise, from what I gather, is that Section 9 in SAC never encounter the Puppetmaster.

Whether this is closer to what Shirow originally intended, I don't know (after all, his first attempt at Dominion turned into a completely different thing than intended)
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

But the basic premise, from what I gather, is that Section 9 in SAC never encounter the Puppetmaster.
Good, I never cared much for the Puppetmaster as a villain.

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I'm currently watching fansubs of the new Astroboy series.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I just finished watching all of Cowboy Bebop plus the movie. I need to get around to watching at least S1 of Rayearth...
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Re: New anime that you have just begun watching

Post by Exonerate »

Shinova wrote:I'm watching Ruroni Kenshin episode 1 now. And I have only ONE thing to say.

Oro

:mrgreen:
We've just lost another fangirl...

Oh, wait, Shinova isn't a girl? :mrgreen:

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Exonerate wrote:We've just lost another fangirl...

Oh, wait, Shinova isn't a girl? :mrgreen:
Do you mean to say there are Kenshin fangirls??? :shock:

Well...hmmm....
What's her bust size!?

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Recently, just finished Onegai Teacher and Full Metal Panic.

Seen a bit of Sonic X and Shaman King. They're pretty decent(Especially Shaman), but both are coming to Fox. I hope they don't screw it up. :roll:
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

I watched Mononoke Hime and CCS First movie...I am getting some old epsidoes of Yamato to watch again and Kesnhin Seisouhen to watch...
Muffin is food. Food is good. I am a Muffin. I am good.
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

Shinova wrote: Do you mean to say there are Kenshin fangirls??? :shock:

Well...hmmm....
And not just any fangirls, either. Yaoi-loving fangirls. *shudder*

As for me, I just watched Read or Die a few days ago. Mmm, Nancy. :D
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Oh, I forgot. I recently finished watching the Witch Hunter Robin fansubs. A series I will be purchasing for sure when released stateside.

Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

I've started watching Chobits and Noir. Unfortunately, I have to wait till the 20th of August before I can get my hands on the next DVDs.
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Oro?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

I really wanted to like Noir, but I wish it would have taken itself a little less seriously.

Shadowhawk
Jedi Knight

Post by Shadowhawk »

Since I got broadband a little over a month and a half ago, I've gone nuts downloading.

I'm caught up now with Naruto and One Piece (42 and 53 episodes respectively), and have all the GitS: SAC that's been released (but I've only watched 3 episodes; I'm finishing the rest of 'em in the next couple days).
I need to stop putting off watching the rest of Haibane Renmei; I love the show, but I just can't seem to sit down and watch six episodes at a time for some reason.
I just downloaded and watched the first episodes of Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch and Nurse Witch Kogumi-chan, but I'm not sure if I'll continue with 'em...they seem a bit too mahou shoujo for me.

I've watched the first episode of Texhnolyze, and didn't really get into it. I'll try a couple more episodes, though.
I've downloaded all of Scrapped Princess, but haven't started it yet.
I also got all of Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu and half the Deluxe episodes, but haven't really started them yet.
I'm still trying to find episodes 31-35 of Gundam SEED; it's like all the torrent sites just stop at 25 and continue at 36 for some reason. I managed to get 26-30 and 32 from AJ before the tracker died.

I'm watching Onegai Twins as its released.
Shadowhawk
Eric from ASVS
"Sufficiently advanced technology is often indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's Third Law
"Then, from sea to shining sea, the God-King sang the praises of teflon, and with his face to the sunshine, he churned lots of butter." -- Body of a pharmacy spam email

Here's my avatar, full-sized (Yoshitoshi ABe's autograph in my Lain: Omnipresence artbook)
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Oro?
Kenshin says "oro" a lot and in funny ways. :)
What's her bust size!?

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I know that. I've seen a LOT of the Kenshin series. :P
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

Andrew J. wrote:
Shinova wrote: Do you mean to say there are Kenshin fangirls??? :shock:

Well...hmmm....
And not just any fangirls, either. Yaoi-loving fangirls. *shudder*

As for me, I just watched Read or Die a few days ago. Mmm, Nancy. :D
So true. An acquaintance of mine was one... She became really hostile to me after I insulted Kenshin and Techno music.

Ah well, at least its not as bad with the Naruto fangirl following... 1/3 of the fanficts at ff.net on that anime are Yaoi...

Go sign up on any anime forum, and you'll see a bunch of screennames like "Kenshinsgirl###" I kid you not.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
SHODAN
Padawan Learner

Post by SHODAN »

Shadowhawk wrote:I just downloaded and watched the first episodes of Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch and Nurse Witch Kogumi-chan, but I'm not sure if I'll continue with 'em...they seem a bit too mahou shoujo for me.
Of course you will watch more Meraid Melody! Or I castrate you.

Pink Pearl Voice!
Aqua Pearl Voice!
Green Pearl Voice!

Kawaii little mermaid princesses in kawaii little dresses singing kawaii popsong making their evil, evil nemeses writhe in agony!

Encore?
In my talons, I shape clay, crafting life forms as I please. If I wish, I can smash it all. Around me is a burgeoning empire of steel. From my throne room, lines of power careen into the skies of Earth. My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity. Out of chaos, they will run and whimper, praying for me to end their tedious anarchy. I am drunk with this vision. God: the title suits me well.
DeadM
Padawan Learner

Post by DeadM »

I watched the whole DNA² a few days ago and before that, Naruto.
I think I'll see Hellsing next. Or maybe Slayers.