Who dies next in HP? (Possible Spoilers)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Who dies next in HP? (Possible Spoilers)

Post by Admiral Johnason »

Who do you think will be the logical choice for JKR to kill in the next book?

I would personally pic Dumbledore. They need a big martyar.
Liberals for Nixon in 3000: Nixon... with carisma and a shiny robot body.

never negoiate out of fear, but never fear to negoiate.

Captian America- Justice League

HAB submarine commander-
"We'll break you of your fear of water."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I'm thinking that ole Snape is next on the chopping block myself.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Gil Hamilton wrote:I'm thinking that ole Snape is next on the chopping block myself.
People have been saying that sence the first book. I don't think JK will do it now. He's too hated to die.

HAB submarine commander-
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Gil Hamilton wrote:I'm thinking that ole Snape is next on the chopping block myself.
Being a former Death Eater, I think he is defiantely on Volde's hit list. I don't know if he'll be next though.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Captain_Cyran wrote:
Being a former Death Eater, I think he is defiantely on Volde's hit list. I don't know if he'll be next though.
I do see him getting hurt bad, but not dying.

HAB submarine commander-
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Admiral Johnason wrote:People have been saying that sence the first book. I don't think JK will do it now. He's too hated to die.
But right now he's in a very large position to be killed, since he's playing double agent for Dumbledore within the Death Eaters. If he gets caught, his ass is fried, and I don't think he can stay undercover much longer.

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I doubt that Snape's going to die.

Maybe one of the Weasleys, though, or Dumbledore himself.

To be honest, I can't really see any of the "good guys" dying, anytime soon. The other characters seem to central to the story, now. Even Luna and the new members of the Order of the Phoenix don't seem like they're the type to kill off.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

I hope it's Cho so Harry can bask in angst and self-pity for not protecting her or something.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Please let it be all of them.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Eframepilot
Jedi Master

Post by Eframepilot »

Dumbledore is so toast in Book 6, but there might be another major character going before him. Percy Weasley is likely, especially as he's being set up to become a Death Eater.

Actually I'd like to see Harry die and have the 7th book be "Neville Longbottom and the Millions of Outraged Fans". :twisted:
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Exonerate wrote:I hope it's Cho so Harry can bask in angst and self-pity for not protecting her or something.
You really wan him to go with Hermonie.

HAB submarine commander-
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Admiral Johnason wrote:People have been saying that sence the first book. I don't think JK will do it now. He's too hated to die.
But right now he's in a very large position to be killed, since he's playing double agent for Dumbledore within the Death Eaters. If he gets caught, his ass is fried, and I don't think he can stay undercover much longer.
Uh... what version have you been reading? Snape WAS a Death Eater, past tense. He isn't part of the group anymore, and he would be killed even if he did go back. He didn't answer Voldemort's call when he was reborn, y'know.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Exonerate wrote:I hope it's Cho so Harry can bask in angst and self-pity for not protecting her or something.
He doesn't really like Cho, anymore. If anything Rowling's set up more of a potential relationship with Luna Lovegood than Cho Chang. :shock:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

I think George and Fred Weasley will be next to go.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Uh... what version have you been reading? Snape WAS a Death Eater, past tense. He isn't part of the group anymore, and he would be killed even if he did go back. He didn't answer Voldemort's call when he was reborn, y'know.
I thought that Voldemort was referring to someone else and that Snape was his loyal agent - and of course Snape is playing the double agent here.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Far too obvious.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Far too obvious.
I thought it would have been too obvious if Snape was indeed the traitor who did not return.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Uh... what version have you been reading? Snape WAS a Death Eater, past tense. He isn't part of the group anymore, and he would be killed even if he did go back. He didn't answer Voldemort's call when he was reborn, y'know.
He didn't go back immedately, but appearantly, he did go back because they made it clear in the fifth book that he was back in with the Death Eaters and was feeding information about them to the Order. Harry even directly says this and Snape tells him he's right. Appearantly, he's sort of two tiers down from Voldemort and was "working" under Lucius Malfoy. That's why Dumbledore had Snape attempt to teach him Occulemency, because Snape was good at it that he even convinced Voldemort that he was loyal to him and blocked out all memories of actually working for Dumbledore. Voldemort probably thinks that Snape is his double agent, working within Hogwarts to keep an eye on things. So Snape is sort of a triple agent.

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Master of Ossus wrote:He doesn't really like Cho, anymore. If anything Rowling's set up more of a potential relationship with Luna Lovegood than Cho Chang. :shock:
I don't think Loony Lovegood is the next love interest. Of the characters introduced thus far, I think that Ginny Weasley is the front runner, as they've actually got quite a bit in common. I know it's not going to be Hermione. She's too much of his buddy and general relationship councillor for them to get involved. Besides, she and Ron are destined to end up together, cause it's clear they, in fact, like each other.

Right now, though, I think that if Harry is going to get a girlfriend, she'll be introduced as a character in the next book. None of the characters at the moment have much potential.

Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

Gil Hamilton wrote:I don't think Loony Lovegood is the next love interest. Of the characters introduced thus far, I think that Ginny Weasley is the front runner, as they've actually got quite a bit in common.
I think your wrong about that, Harry and Luna have a few critical things in common.

1. They both know what it is like to be ostracized, Harry by the Dursley's and Luna by everyone else at Hogwarts.

2. They have both had loved ones lost, and have seen it.

But maybe even more important is that at the end of OOTP, it was talking with Luna that actually made him feel a bit better about all of his problems. Nobody else could do that for him, not Ginny, not Cho, not Hermione.

Unlike all the other girls in the books, Harry has a unique (albeit morbid) bond with Luna.

Through the entire journey of book 5, Harry had been looking for someone that he could actually talk to about what has been going on. And he finally found that in Luna.

At the end of OOTP, his feelings for Cho were over, and he expressed no interest in Ginny at all. Besides, dating your best friends little sister is, at best, a bit strange.
I know it's not going to be Hermione. She's too much of his buddy and general relationship councillor for them to get involved. Besides, she and Ron are destined to end up together, cause it's clear they, in fact, like each other.
Don't discount Krum yet, he was quite enamored with the girl and I doubt he will let go easily.
Right now, though, I think that if Harry is going to get a girlfriend, she'll be introduced as a character in the next book. None of the characters at the moment have much potential.
Please enlighten me as to why you don't think Luna has much potential?
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Steven Snyder wrote:<snip>
How odd, he's also expressed no interest in Loony either. Just because he felt a bit better after talking to her doesn't make her dating potential. Other than what you listed above, they don't have very much in common at all. They might become actual friends, but I'm seriously doubting that they will actually have a romantic relationship.

Though I grant you, it would be a little weird to date you best friends little sister at that age. Though Neville is crushing on Ginny a bit...
Don't discount Krum yet, he was quite enamored with the girl and I doubt he will let go easily.
He's interested in her, but it doesn't seem to be vise versa. Trust me on this one, Hermione and Ron really dig each other.
Please enlighten me as to why you don't think Luna has much potential?
They've got very little in common as individuals.

Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

Gil Hamilton wrote:They've got very little in common as individuals.
And what do Harry and Ginny have in common that makes them dating material?
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Steven Snyder wrote:And what do Harry and Ginny have in common that makes them dating material?
Not only are they both Gryffondor Quiddich players, they are both Seekers, which is a big thing. Harry is a good family friend. Harry and Ginny shared the experience in the Chamber of Secrets where Harry saved her life, huge thing there. They've been friends for a while. Et cetera

Sothis
Jedi Knight

Post by Sothis »

I think book six really needs to take a serious bite out of both Harry's world and Voldemorts, so as to set up an angry, fiery encounter in book seven. For Harry, that would of course be to lose any of the following: Dumbledore, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, possibly Mcgonagol. It might even be interesting to have Harry and Snape come to some kind of truce, only for Voldemort to discover Snape's been interfering with his plans for power and for him to kill Snape. Though preferably it would have to be Harry that throws a really big wrench in Voldemort's plans for them to truely hate and despise each other enough for a battle to the death in book seven.

I can see Draco being a major antagonist after what happened to his father, most likely he will have some major part in book six, probably via sneaky, snidey means, given his cowardice in previous books. He could maybe sell out Snape?

Harry's love life? Well, I doubt it's Ginny. When has Harry ever shown an interest in her? Besides, in OOTP, Ginny gets a boyfriend. I think it could still possible be Cho, or perhaps Luna, though maybe he simply won't bother at all?
Hakuna Matata
The Forums of Sothis! http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/sothis.html
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

Im betting it'll be McGonagal next. She's old, and has the whole stern grandmother type personality. Not to mention she came pretty close to getting whacked in Book 5.