WB can never suck the fun out of Rockman.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

WB can never suck the fun out of Rockman.

Post by Gil Hamilton »

OK, one of my main beefs with Megaman NT Warrior, the new craptastical WB show, is that the original Japanese version wasn't craptastical. I've been viewing fansubs of it for some time, and the series is funny, goofy, and witty. Unfortunately, the WB version has tried to make it serious and "Matrix-like", removing all the good music with shitty techno music and editting out alot of the funny stuff.

But Rockman.EXE refuses to be serious. If Masa's (er... Commander Beef) antics weren't enough; if Netto, Dekao, Tohru dressing in drag wasn't silly; if all of that wasn't enough... we get to see this:

Behold! The Wily Toilet! Yes, that is straight from the show. As the series goes on it, becomes all the more goofy. I fail to see how WB can attempt to make that techno-badass (note the word attempt).
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
mauldooku
Jedi Master

Post by mauldooku »

*archives*

This is GREAT!
Shadowhawk
Jedi Knight

Re: WB can never suck the fun out of Rockman.

Post by Shadowhawk »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Behold! The Wily Toilet! Yes, that is straight from the show. As the series goes on it, becomes all the more goofy. I fail to see how WB can attempt to make that techno-badass (note the word attempt).
By cutting out the scene, I'm sure. :D
Shadowhawk
Eric from ASVS
"Sufficiently advanced technology is often indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's Third Law
"Then, from sea to shining sea, the God-King sang the praises of teflon, and with his face to the sunshine, he churned lots of butter." -- Body of a pharmacy spam email

Here's my avatar, full-sized (Yoshitoshi ABe's autograph in my Lain: Omnipresence artbook)