T-800 vrs Wolverine (Comic version)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Sam Or I
Jedi Council Member

T-800 vrs Wolverine (Comic version)

Post by Sam Or I »

No weapons, who wins?
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I'd guess that adamantium claws are stronger than titanium hyperalloy, so Wolverine would win, i doubt that a terminator would be fast enough to put his fist into wolvie.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Rye wrote:I'd guess that adamantium claws
He hasn't got them, he's been de-clawed.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

NecronLord wrote:
He has? FFS, when was this?
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

No claws?

Wolverine is fucked...He's still soft and mushy and his claws are huge part of his arsenal.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Rye wrote:
NecronLord wrote:
Original post. They are weapons are they not?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Sam Or I
Jedi Council Member

Post by Sam Or I »

He has his claws. I meant basically as they would be as if sent through time, and they find cloths somewhere.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

wolverine wins IMO
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

With the claws, Wolvie slices, he dices, he makes Terminator fries.

Without the claws, it gets to be a really interesting fight but Wolvie eventually bites it big time.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
MrAnderson
Padawan Learner

Post by MrAnderson »

NecronLord wrote:
Rye wrote:
NecronLord wrote: He hasn't got them, he's been de-clawed.
Original post. They are weapons are they not?
That is dumb.

We should them lop of his hands since fists are weapons. Oh wait and his feet since he can kick and that makes feet a weapon. Hmmm, Wolvie may bite too so cut off his lower law since that could be a weapon.

Now go and do the same to the terminator cause anything that can do injury to an opponent can be considered a weapon.
That is the sound of inevitability.
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Post by Admiral Johnason »

Captain_Cyran wrote:With the claws, Wolvie slices, he dices, he makes Terminator fries.

Without the claws, it gets to be a really interesting fight but Wolvie eventually bites it big time.
You forget that Wolvie can regenerate fast than he can be destroyed by convential means. The terminator can't. The damage will just keep building up until the T-800 would fall apart.
Liberals for Nixon in 3000: Nixon... with carisma and a shiny robot body.

never negoiate out of fear, but never fear to negoiate.

Captian America- Justice League

HAB submarine commander-
"We'll break you of your fear of water."
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Admiral Johnason wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:With the claws, Wolvie slices, he dices, he makes Terminator fries.

You forget that Wolvie can regenerate fast than he can be destroyed by convential means. The terminator can't. The damage will just keep building up until the T-800 would fall apart.
*Wolvie gets punched through the gut, by the T-800. The T-800 pulls out Wolvies guts and slaps him with them, then removes his head.*

Wolvie is tough but without his Adamentium he ain't THAT tough.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Also, can we have some objective measures of the effectiveness of these blades? What makes you think they're stronger than an endoskeloton that can be repeatedly smashed by a two ton I bar wielded at considerable speed.

MrAnderson, STFU, it's an implant weapon. Simple as, not an improvised weapon like fists.

Oh, and do curb the quoting a bit.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

NecronLord wrote:Also, can we have some objective measures of the effectiveness of these blades? What makes you think they're stronger than an endoskeloton that can be repeatedly smashed by a two ton I bar wielded at considerable speed.

MrAnderson, STFU, it's an implant weapon. Simple as, not an improvised weapon like fists.

Oh, and do curb the quoting a bit.
*blink* First off, Adamentium can slice through anything. I don't think I need to put examples down, everyone has seen wolvie cut through motorcycles...cars, thick metal doors.

Second off, claws are far more different from an I bar, sure the I bar weighs more but the weight is spread a lot further out then the sharp blades that Wolvie has, and considering Wolverine's strength I think he can swing his blades to have equal force to the swinging of that I bar.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Captain_Cyran wrote: *blink* First off, Adamentium can slice through anything. I don't think I need to put examples down, everyone has seen wolvie cut through motorcycles...cars, thick metal doors.

No limits fallacy. Even Lightsabers can't slice through everything.

Second off, claws are far more different from an I bar, sure the I bar weighs more but the weight is spread a lot further out then the sharp blades that Wolvie has, and considering Wolverine's strength I think he can swing his blades to have equal force to the swinging of that I bar.
He gets hit with the corner a few times. No visible deformation (Infiltration covering excluded.)

Why is Wolverine stronger than a T-1000?
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

NecronLord wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote: *blink* First off, Adamentium can slice through anything. I don't think I need to put examples down, everyone has seen wolvie cut through motorcycles...cars, thick metal doors.
No limits fallacy. Even Lightsabers can't slice through everything.

He gets hit with the corner a few times. No visible deformation (limbs included)
Well, it's not a falacy because it's TRUE never in the comics to the best of my knowledge has Wolverine EVER run into a metal that he could not cut. And I am not impressed by a Terminator, anyone remember T:2 when he got stabbed by a blunt steel poll by the T-1000? Oh yeah, that's real impressive. :roll:
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Captain_Cyran wrote: Well, it's not a falacy because it's TRUE never in the comics to the best of my knowledge has Wolverine EVER run into a metal that he could not cut.
Does this preclude one existing?
And I am not impressed by a Terminator, anyone remember T:2 when he got stabbed by a blunt steel poll by the T-1000? Oh yeah, that's real impressive. :roll:
Yes, he was stabbed by a T-1000 in a vunerable section, which damaged him temporarily,

"I'm not that impressed by Wolverine, becuase if a T-1000 spiked him in the eye, he'd die.":roll:
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

The substance the T-800 is made out of is not stronger then Adamentium. T:2 Arnold looses a limb to a gear which bent the metal. Sure it's a lot of pressure on it, but when compaired to a metal that DOES NOT BREAK, does not bend.

Also, Wolverine's claws are sharpened on the atomic level, that combined with an unbreakable metal...T-800 doesn't last long.
Dizzy D
Youngling

Post by Dizzy D »

There is stuff that Wolverine can't slice through:
Captain America's vibranium shield, the Black Knight's sword, other adamantium, there was an invulnerable mutant who couldn't be cut with it.

Because of Adamantium's near indestructibility it can be sharpened to form a mono-molecular blade, which is sharp enough to cut through just about anything.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

NecronLord wrote: No limits fallacy. Even Lightsabers can't slice through everything.
It's not a fallacy in this case. Adamantium is indestructible once it's solid. When it's liquid, you have to keep it that way, otherwise it's impossible to mould once it's solidified once.

Or could a lightsabre also not cut through a t800? is that what you're saying?
He gets hit with the corner a few times. No visible deformation (Infiltration covering excluded.)
Adamantium is an extremely dense metal, and the claws are razor sharp. To my knowledge, Wolvie's claws have cut through all other metal bar adamntium and cap's shield (an adamantium vibranium alloy) no reason to think different with titanium hyperalloy.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

The only things that wolverine can't cut through is things that have Adamantium, have adamantium in them (ie capt America's shield) or energy shields etc etc. Based off of what we see in the Terminator movies I'd say that wolverine would have no problem cutting through a terminator
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Last I checked, lightsabers could cut through any solid object. Energy weapons (laser bolts, shields like in TPM) can resist them, but that's an entirely different matter all together.

More on-topic, Wolvie can cut through just about anything; the exceptions being things like super-ultra-rare alloys or magic and crap. T-800 doesn't fit into any of those categories though. Therefore, T-800 goes down hard.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Dizzy D
Youngling

Post by Dizzy D »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Last I checked, lightsabers could cut through any solid object. Energy weapons (laser bolts, shields like in TPM) can resist them, but that's an entirely different matter all together.
Mandalorean steel could resist it (or at least the Jedi(was it Exar Kun, can't remember) needed to use the Force to enhance his light-sabre to cut through it)
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Adamentium is supremely tough. You could leave a bar of Adimentium at Ground Zero of a muclear bomb, and after the explosion, the Adimentium would remain untouched. It is near impossible to destroy with physical force (possibly cosmic beings could do it), and only things that mess with it on a molecular level can affect it.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

Yogi wrote:Adamentium is supremely tough. You could leave a bar of Adimentium at Ground Zero of a muclear bomb, and after the explosion, the Adimentium would remain untouched. It is near impossible to destroy with physical force (possibly cosmic beings could do it), and only things that mess with it on a molecular level can affect it.
The only time i have see wolverine claws get jacked was when thanos turned them into rubber (along with wolverine). But he had the infinity gauntlet at the time.