If you could have a superpower?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

If you could have a superpower?

Post by Jadeite »

I think everyone thinks about this at least once. If you could have a single superpower, seen in any comics or movies, as long as its "realistic", as in no DBZ type shit. What would it be? Oh, sry if this idea has been done before.

Id prob take Magneto's power, from the X-Men movie, instead of the comics. Its powerful, but subtle enough that it wouldn't attract too much attention. Plus I could come up with all sorts of ways to fuck with people, even use quarters as weapons.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Aside from figuring out the exact nature of TK/psychic abilities, I think the abilities of the Invisible Woman would be pretty cool.

Doesn't sound too interesting, but think about it: you would be able to make just about anything invisible. You can also make the invisible visible. Furthermore, you can transport yourself around in the air by propelling yourself on an invisible disc, can prevent any conventional weapon from harming you and those nearby (you can also include gas and biological weapons), and you can even use the powers offensively, whether it be to jam gun barrels, smashing cars in an invisible vise, or blocking major blood vessels in the body. :twisted:
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Just being about a P5 on the B5 scale of telepathy would be fine by me.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Lord of the Farce
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord of the Farce »

High powered but fully controllable telepathy. Know what people are really thinking about you (as long as you think you can deal with that), and toy with their mind if they try to screw with you.

Best if it can't be blocked by a metal helmet.
"Intelligent Design" Not Accepted by Most Scientists
Cthulhu-chan
Padawan Learner

Post by Cthulhu-chan »

Actually, you're combining two different power sets there. She has She can make herself invisible (din't know she could us that on other things, but whatever) and she also has the power to make shaped force fields. The only reason the force feilds are invisible is that there is no reason they should be visible.
"Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. Hell is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese apartment, and an American wife." -- James H. Kabbler III.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Either High powered Telekinesis... or energy manipulation(AKA spellcasting)
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
lux
Padawan Learner

Post by lux »

To be able to change an object into something else. Anything, as long as I've seen it and know what it is/does/whatever. For instance turn my cup here into a pretty sword. I would also be able to change myself into other objects. Damnit now I'm all excited and want these powers really bad. :(
(''\(O_o)/'') For Pandaria! (''\(O_o)/'')

Bug-Eyed Earl
Jedi Master

Post by Bug-Eyed Earl »

Lord of the Animals.

Think about it. All animals do your bidding (though I would prefer to think I would emit a kind of telepathy to animals that tells them I'm OK).

I just thouht that would be cool and uniquee, though I wouldn;t mind having Spidey's powers either.
BotM Cybertronian
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Cthulhu-chan wrote:Actually, you're combining two different power sets there. She has She can make herself invisible (din't know she could us that on other things, but whatever) and she also has the power to make shaped force fields. The only reason the force feilds are invisible is that there is no reason they should be visible.
They are all parts of the aspect of the Invisible Woman's powers... I said I wanted the Invisible Woman's powers, right? It's not like I'm saying I want Superman's powers or anything... the powers I listed are all just varients of usage of one power.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Dictator of a post-Soviet Russian Empire encompassing all of the f-USSR except the Baltic Republics.

Err..

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. Really.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Controled Limitless Changing of shape. no size restrictions (as inane as that sounds). Who couldn't do with seeing Cthulhu at the shore :twisted:
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
FBHthelizardmage
Padawan Learner

Post by FBHthelizardmage »

Dimension shifting.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Dictator of a post-Soviet Russian Empire encompassing all of the f-USSR except the Baltic Republics.

Err..

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. Really.
*ROTFL* You're a hoot, Marina.

As for me, Either Psylock's level of psychokinesis or Storm's weather control. Having control over lightening, one of my biggest fears, would be so cool.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

The Flash's Power.

Not just Speed...but his Power(whatever it really is). Oh all the little things I could do for the hell of it.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Bester level telepathy would be a start, Professor X kind of level would be better ... What? I swear I will only use my powers for personal gai- Good! Good! I meant good. Wouldn't you trust this face? :angelic:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Would the Force count?

Telekinesis, telepathy, precognition, and very fine control over your own bodily functions (i.e. can enter into hibernation). Would be rather useful.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

Ghost Rider wrote:The Flash's Power.

Not just Speed...but his Power(whatever it really is). Oh all the little things I could do for the hell of it.
Speed Force Manipulation? Basically, in addition to having super-speed and a power-source that allows you to survive in conditions that should have killed you a thousand times over (no oxygen for several hours, from your frame of reference; no food for years, from your frame of reference, etc...), you can speed steal/lend, and pretty much choose when to apply the laws of physics, and to what extent... Frankly, if he got pissed off and mildly creative, he could kill the rest of the JLA with ease, as long as a competent Green Lantern didn't have failsafes ready for just that eventuality, or time to get creative.
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

I would go with telekinesis. It would be better than Magneto's power because TK can affect everything, not just metal stuff.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

Dairy based telekinesis. Just cause it would be so cool to take down a gang of bikers with a bottle of Cheez Whiz.
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

High level electrokinesis, because that means I get low level magnetic powers as well. Force Lightning, just without the Force part.

Or the ability to learn any attack that didn't kill me by observing it in action.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Matrix kind of powers, average powers of being able to leanr what i want at a whim, bullet time powers, being able to run up walls, jump really far etc.

And for when i'm really in the mood, the ability to rewrite reality as i see fit.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

I would take grails power. The guy is indestructable.
Sporkzen
Padawan Learner

Post by Sporkzen »

Manipulation of organic matter in a way to change shape or change other's shape would be fun to mess with people hehe :twisted:
Sweet jesus on a stick! Hey isnt that what we call easter?
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Sporkzen wrote:Manipulation of organic matter in a way to change shape or change other's shape would be fun to mess with people hehe :twisted:
Bigger boobs all round! :twisted:
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Rye wrote:
Sporkzen wrote:Manipulation of organic matter in a way to change shape or change other's shape would be fun to mess with people hehe :twisted:
Bigger boobs all round! :twisted:
I would up grade to a 10 inch penis