Goofiest Monsters Ever

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Goofiest Monsters Ever

Post by Peregrin Toker »

http://nowff.hypermart.net/foy_20goofiest.html

I simply couldn't help but laugh to see that one of the beasties on the list simply has been called "The Cheap Monster." Isn't it quite obvious that it's cheap?? :?

However, I wonder a little why the monster from The Bog isn't there. I mean, it looked so goofy that they actually did their best to show as little of the monster as possible!!

By the way, this list has inspired me to make a "Weirdest Alien In Sci-Fi" thread when I've collected enough nominations for my "Most Overrated Fantasy Author" poll and made that poll.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

Gelatinous Cubes and Beholders have to fall pretty high on the list of the goofiest RPG creatures ever...
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Iceberg wrote:Gelatinous Cubes and Beholders have to fall pretty high on the list of the goofiest RPG creatures ever...
There are other goofy things in the Monster Manual, too. Such as the Delver.... and the Gorgon (I mean, come on, a giant stone bull with a poisonous breath). Don't forget the Grick, the Locathah and especially the Machmin. (sp??)

And that's before we get to the Mimic, the owlbears, ropers, xorn and to a lesser extent - Purple Worms. Finally, there's also the Shambling Mound which isn't goofy per se, but has a really goofy name. And the Tarrasque, for all its worth, looks somewhat silly to me, even though its nigh-on unbeatable.

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Killer clowns are the goofiest. Does chucky count as a monster? He was really goofy
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Re: Goofiest Monsters Ever

Post by Darth Gojira »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:http://nowff.hypermart.net/foy_20goofiest.html

I simply couldn't help but laugh to see that one of the beasties on the list simply has been called "The Cheap Monster." Isn't it quite obvious that it's cheap?? :?

However, I wonder a little why the monster from The Bog isn't there. I mean, it looked so goofy that they actually did their best to show as little of the monster as possible!!

By the way, this list has inspired me to make a "Weirdest Alien In Sci-Fi" thread when I've collected enough nominations for my "Most Overrated Fantasy Author" poll and made that poll.
"Rar! I'm a monsta! Why aincha running away in terra?" :lol:
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Those are funny as shit.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

thecreech wrote:Killer clowns are the goofiest. Does chucky count as a monster? He was really goofy
Intentionally goofy monsters weren't allowed.
Scott Foy wrote:1) Any monster that was intentionally designed for laughs is ineligable. Otherwise, LEPRECHAUN, KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE, the monsters from INFRAMAN, and practically every single GREMLINS knock-off would rank very high on the list.

Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

Ooh, ooh, I know! The Giant Claw! (There's a review at Jabootu's bad movie dimension, which has been linked in a previous thread. Besides, I'm too lazy to make a link myself :P )
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Sam Or I
Jedi Council Member

Post by Sam Or I »

The Golgothan from Dogma, It was a rubber shit demon for godsakes.
generator_g1
Jedi Master

Post by generator_g1 »

A lot of monsters from Godzilla's Showa era are pretty goofy also some from the early Ultraman series... :)
My FLICKR page! :D
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

The Zombie Monkey Pirate from the recently released Pirates of the Caribbean.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Durran Korr wrote:The Zombie Monkey Pirate from the recently released Pirates of the Caribbean.
OK. That's it. I'm definitely watching PotC now.

In topic: those pygmy mummies in The Mummy Returns are quite goofy looking and goofy acting, albeit lethal. C'mon, midget mummies swinging on vines?
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I saw the MST3K with Trumpy. He was ten times lamer than the article suggested.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Post by Admiral Johnason »

The ogars from The Hobbit.
Liberals for Nixon in 3000: Nixon... with carisma and a shiny robot body.

never negoiate out of fear, but never fear to negoiate.

Captian America- Justice League

HAB submarine commander-
"We'll break you of your fear of water."
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Admiral Johnason wrote:The ogars from The Hobbit.
WTF is an ogar??

I don't recall any ogres in "The Hobbit", but then again it's years ago I read it.