Darth Rosenburg vs. Lord Voldermort

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Darth Rosenburg vs. Lord Voldermort

Post by Majin Gojira »

Both know about the basics of how the other's Magic system works. they get into a fight, who wins? Darth Rosenburg (Willow on black Magic trip from Buffy) or Lord Voldermort (Evil Wizard from Harry Potter)?
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

willow easlily
Voldy wont have time to whip out his wand and saya abra kadabra (whhops i mean adava kedavra)
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

*Cast Thread Necromancy* to get in gear with all the other similar threads
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Given the stuff she did in "Tough Love" and the Season 6 finale, I think Voldemort would have to be pretty damn tough to match her.

Afterwards she could flay Potter.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

The only possible problem I see for Willow would be running out of power in a long fight.
But we are talking about a guy who gets beat by a gradeschool child so, Willow takes out old Voldie quickly.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

I seem to remember that Darth Rosenburg can freeze time. That would make an instant win for her. However, Voldemort can kill people with an unblockable spell. That's an instant win for him. So it will be a quick draw contest.

BTW, Voldemort doesn't need to say anything in order to use his magic.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

Well, I think that every time he used Avada Kadavra he had to yell it's incantation. And Willow has an instant kill spell/effect/whatever. Most people tend to die after being flayed alive... :)
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Darth Rosenberg, in a landslide ... why? Observe;

"Avada Kedavra!" ~ 6 sylables

"Bored Now" ~ 2 sylables

Hell she doesn't even need to say it, where as every single time Voldy has gone for the killing curse he has.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

And I would just like to add that this was a really absurd thread, since quite clearly Voldemort doesn't have the midichlorian count to stop her :lol:
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Now you've gotten the franchises mixed up.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Nope. In Order of the Phoenix, he lobs instant kill green shit at Dumbledore and Harry.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

hmmm... killing muggles and trying to lord over the wizarding world vs. just destroying Earth?

I guess it will be a pretty one-sided thing, considering Willow works from Sunnydale and Voldemort's still trapped in England...
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Now you've gotten the franchises mixed up.
It's a paraphrase from the third last episode of Season 6, Jonathan and Andrew were being protected at the Magic Box by the scoobies, and Jonathan turns around and says; 'Face it, Darth Rosenberg is coming to kill us and none of you have the midichlorian count to stop her!' That's where the term Darth Rosenberg comes from.
Yogi wrote:Nope. In Order of the Phoenix, he lobs instant kill green shit at Dumbledore and Harry.
Wrong with the latter, and as for Dumbledore, they were in the middle of a battle scene and since Voldemort has to say the killing curse all the other times, a more reasonable explanation would be that Rowling just didn't add the dialogue in order for the story to flow. Although if you just argue that he didn't say it, ergo he doesn't have to, that might be plausible but it goes against every single other occurance when he has used it.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Crown wrote:It's a paraphrase from the third last episode of Season 6, Jonathan and Andrew were being protected at the Magic Box by the scoobies, and Jonathan turns around and says; 'Face it, Darth Rosenberg is coming to kill us and none of you have the midichlorian count to stop her!' That's where the term Darth Rosenberg comes from.
Actually it was "You saw her -- she's a truck-driving magic mama! And we've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa-burgers, and not one of you bunch has the midiclorians to stop her." It was also Andrew who said it, sorry to be a quote Nazi, I'mjust in one of those moods right now.

I little else to contribute to this debate, as I know nothing of HP.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Are you sure it wasn't Jonathan? :wtf: Oh well, it's been a while since I saw it last.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Yep It's Andrew, and it's the second to last ep. in season 6.

Xander follows that up by saying "You've never had the tiniest bit of sex, have you?"

But Anya counters "The Annoying virgin has a point"
Browncoat