What anime/comic/magic characters could defeat the Jedi IYO.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

What anime/comic/magic characters could defeat the Jedi IYO.

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Since there's a wide gap in what several of us believe. I'd like to know where you stand exactly.

Though try to take characters as they are. Aka lack of recoil from a ki blast in DBZ, or how two human Jedi could take the PPI from accelerating at 1000 m/s without their legs breaking. Just accept that they can as they have shown, and take your believes from there.
slayven
Redshirt

Post by slayven »

Be fun to watch Genis fight a Jedi, but at his current level he could take all the Jedi and the empire and still have enough time to make fun at them and point out their faults.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I've always thought the Jedi/Sith > DBZ characters position was a bit flaky.

Sith apparently being able to crush brains, but then again, these are DBZ people after all. Also, Buu doesn't have a brain or any kind of internal organ.

So...yeah.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Any competent channeller from WoT could kick Jedi/Sith ass like there was no tomorrow.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

I could see Excel surviving a fight with a Jedi, because she can't be killed and the Jedi would eventually get tired of killing this hyper girl and run away.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

*sigh*
Excel CAN be killed, it's Will of the Universe that keeps bringing her back. The one time she was almost killed when Will was MIA, it was a fairly serious event (yes, serious in Excel Saga). She does know the ACROSS fighting style though (think Fist of the North Star class)

See my post in http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=23002 for details.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Shinova wrote:I've always thought the Jedi/Sith > DBZ characters position was a bit flaky.

Sith apparently being able to crush brains, but then again, these are DBZ people after all. Also, Buu doesn't have a brain or any kind of internal organ.

So...yeah.
The difference is that Jedi/Sith have the ability to crush the brains of other Star Wars characters. The DBZ people have the ability to crush the brains of their viewers.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Drooling Iguana wrote:
Shinova wrote:I've always thought the Jedi/Sith > DBZ characters position was a bit flaky.

So...yeah.
Oooh, look at me! I hate DBZ! Aren't I cool?!

Let's see...

Cyborg 009(Cyborg 009)
Tenchi Misaki(Tenchi Muyo (OAV))
Ryoko Hakubi(Tenchi Muyo(any))
Gally/Alita(Battle Angel Alita)
87% of the JLA
Belldandy(Oh! My Goddess!)
Any Guyver
Any full-fledged Tekkaman
Yusuke Uremeshi(Yu Yu Hakusho, post-Dark Tournament)
The list actually goes pretty long.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Baron Mordo
Jedi Knight

Post by Baron Mordo »

Alucard. He was able to shake off the Succubus' mind-control, so that's out. If the jedi uses that "force-lightning" copout, he's got the Beryl Circlet. If they try to force-choke him, he can just turn into mist and poison the bastard. And even if the jedi gets in a fatal hit, Alucard's got the life apples. With the Crissaegrim, he'd make the jedi into cold cuts.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Baron Mordo wrote:Alucard. He was able to shake off the Succubus' mind-control, so that's out. If the jedi uses that "force-lightning" copout, he's got the Beryl Circlet. If they try to force-choke him, he can just turn into mist and poison the bastard. And even if the jedi gets in a fatal hit, Alucard's got the life apples. With the Crissaegrim, he'd make the jedi into cold cuts.
I would love to see a jedi try to forcechoke a vampire...

"What the hell...are..you...*gasp* doing?"
"Choking you of course, feel free to die anytime soon."
Minutes pass
"WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU DEAD YET!"
"I don't need to breathe dipshit."

Anyway, any half-way decent vampire from V:tM could kick a jedi's ass.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
FOG3
Jedi Knight

Post by FOG3 »

Ifurita
Any Protodeviln
Most of the Slayers gang
LoN (As always extreme overkill)
Most Zentradi (squish!)
Hiko Soujiro
Photon (immune to energy attacks, they pass riht through him)
Yosho Jurai
Sailor Pluto (NOTE: all sailor scout as per manga not anime)
Sailor Saturn
Sailor Moon (can you say Ginzuishou?)

This list just keeps going.
FOG3
Jedi Knight

Post by FOG3 »

Ominae Yu, The Spriggan. If you've seen the movie you prbably know what I'm talking about. Fatal wounds from psychics don't slow him down and he can focus psionic energy through the suit, although that was mainly seen in manga.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Another vs. Jedi thread? Are these people trying to prove some stupid point to themselves?

Most any AD&Dverse setting has lots of people who could smear an average Jedi. Netherese wouldn't even slow down.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

A Newtype in a mobile suit. SQUISH. ;)
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Iceberg wrote:A Newtype in a mobile suit. SQUISH. ;)
Luke beat an AT-AT and some Jedi tossed around Star Destroyers.

Any Jedi would beat a Mobile Suit with ease.

Plus Jedi are way too fast for a Mobile Suit to hit.
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

If, according to literature, a group (exact number undefined to my knowledge) of jedis can send a fleet of SDs careening through space at a good portion of light speed, what is one single jedi capable of when using the force?

That's many billions of tons to move.
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Hamel wrote:If, according to literature, a group (exact number undefined to my knowledge) of jedis can send a fleet of SDs careening through space at a good portion of light speed, what is one single jedi capable of when using the force?

That's many billions of tons to move.
Ignore that they were boosting their power to an unknown degree with the Sith Temples on Yavin 4.
Sr.mal
Jedi Knight

Post by Sr.mal »

Funny I read the books and it NEVER described them as using the temples to amplify their power. It was Dorsk 81 who did it.
Ever since I was a scumdog, I blew a cum-wad.
I need a mother-fucking suckadickalickalong
A drunk, a pervert, a junkie and a sodimizer.
But you can call me the salaminizer
-The Salaminzer by GWAR
FOG3
Jedi Knight

Post by FOG3 »

KK wrote:

The newly christened VI seems to forget himself. By making it just Jedi can beat Mobile suit you open the drawer for any mobile suit in any Gundam series. That shows you do deserve that title as you are to quick to generalize. I'm quite sure something along the lines of the nu Gundam would quite suffice.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Sr.mal wrote:Funny I read the books and it NEVER described them as using the temples to amplify their power. It was Dorsk 81 who did it.
Yes, and not only did the effort kill him it took him channeling the powers of all the other jedi to do it, and he only did it to a group of what, 4 ISD's?
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

KK wrote:

Yes, LUKE SKYWALKER, THE MOST POWERFUL JEDI KNOWN crushed an AT-AT, so therefore, EVERY jedi can crush an AT-AT. :roll:
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
Yes, LUKE SKYWALKER, THE MOST POWERFUL JEDI KNOWN crushed an AT-AT, so therefore, EVERY jedi can crush an AT-AT. :roll:
I was being sarcastic.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

SirNitram wrote:Another vs. Jedi thread? Are these people trying to prove some stupid point to themselves?

Most any AD&Dverse setting has lots of people who could smear an average Jedi. Netherese wouldn't even slow down.
Basically.

They wield obscene amounts of power at their fingertips.

Elminster....Jedi cant block dozens of magic missiles...how about a meteor swarm? Or maybe a simple death spell...*karsus casts killing wind, everyone dies*
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

KK wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:
I was being sarcastic.
Dumbass, you add :roll: to the end of sarcastic comments!
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
SirNitram wrote:Another vs. Jedi thread? Are these people trying to prove some stupid point to themselves?

Basically.

They wield obscene amounts of power at their fingertips.

Elminster....Jedi cant block dozens of magic missiles...how about a meteor swarm? Or maybe a simple death spell...*karsus casts killing wind, everyone dies*
There are one or two warrior-types who have the insane combination of reflexes(To either null out precog, or, in one case, where it is is precog), endurance(You know, so they can withstand the choking long enough to actually fight), and physical strength. The downside of all this is that D&D weapons inflict very little damage against technological armor, making a vs. against Vader or similar armoured Jedi a losing proposition.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter