New M:tG Scourge Set

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

David
Moderator Emeritus

New M:tG Scourge Set

Post by David »

I have opened one, count em one, pack of the new scourge set for M:tG. and I got a foiled Dragon Tyrant out of it.

BUHAHAHAHAHA

And after reading the Wizards web site I've decided this is one of the most ridiculously overpowered sets ever, save perhaps the Urza trilogy.
Last edited by David on 2003-06-30 03:11am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Geeze I leave everyone a wide open target and nobody responds?

I guess spammers just aren't what they used to be. Anyway topic renamed New M:tG Scourge Set.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

M:tG is Magic the Gathering right?
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Well, um, I've got an Obliterate card, so :P
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Correct, and if you wish to know more about it, please visit wizardsofthecoast.com, they also make D&D stuff, pokemon ( shudder) and many other card games.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Actually its just http://www.wizards.com

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

JediNeophyte wrote:Well, um, I've got an Obliterate card, so :P

And I have a counterspell card. :P

Also, my Worldgorger Dragon laughs at anything you throw out.

Sadly it looks like it might be banned due to all the infinite combos that can be produced with it's effect :cry: .
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

JediNeophyte wrote:Actually its just http://www.wizards.com

Whoopsy :oops: , anyway they make quit a few cool games.

If you have never played any role playing games I suggest you look into Warhammer 40K, guarunteed to make your hardware lovin heart melt with joy.

EDIT: that last part was meant for SS.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

David wrote:
JediNeophyte wrote:Well, um, I've got an Obliterate card, so :P

And I have a counterspell card. :P

Also, my Worldgorger Dragon laughs at anything you throw out.

Sadly it looks like it might be banned due to all the infinite combos that can be produced with it's effect :cry: .
:roll: :P Obliterate cannot be countered

And what exactly does this Worldgorger do?

Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

David wrote:If you have never played any role playing games I suggest you look into Warhammer 40K, guarunteed to make your hardware lovin heart melt with joy.
Yes, 40K pwnz, though I doubt SS would like it.

David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Worldgorger is a dragon that is ridiculously expensive, but it has a great affect. When he's put into play all of my permanents ( or maybe just creatures) are removed from the game. Once he leaves play they all come back.

So basically I play him then play a world destruction spell like obliterate or Wrath of God, everything dies including my worldgorger, then all my creatures come back that were originally removed from the game. Then you die. :mrgreen:
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Hmph. :P

Funny thing is though, whenever I play against one of my friends with my Red Deck of Complete and Utter Destruction, we build fairly normally (except my opponent is usually playing multi-color and as such has problems getting the right kind of lands and bitches about it), then I play my Obliterate if things aren't going well. So of course we start over, only problem is my opponent gets like 4 lands and a fucking assload of creatures then plays them all and kills me while I have like 20 lands and no other cards. :evil:

Happens every time, too. :x

David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

JediNeophyte wrote:Hmph. :P

Funny thing is though, whenever I play against one of my friends with my Red Deck of Complete and Utter Destruction, we build fairly normally (except my opponent is usually playing multi-color and as such has problems getting the right kind of lands and bitches about it), then I play my Obliterate if things aren't going well. So of course we start over, only problem is my opponent gets like 4 lands and a fucking assload of creatures then plays them all and kills me while I have like 20 lands and no other cards. :evil:

Happens every time, too. :x

Make a blue/red deck with boomerrangs, counterspells, as all the different land destruction spells available for red decks. Theres a new red one in Scourge IIRC that allows you to remove any permanent. This type of deck is fairly cheap as far as mana goes ( and the cards aren't to hard to find) so you can start removing his lands. Basically he'll never get past his 2nd turn as far as lands go. This will kill his game if he needs at least 4 lands. Include only 3-4 big creatures in your deck, so while he's never getting past the 2nd turn you are building up mana. After awhikle you can hardcast your big hitters and take him down.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

David wrote: If you have never played any role playing games I suggest you look into Warhammer 40K, guarunteed to make your hardware lovin heart melt with joy.
I have, and I consider 40K to be an interesting universe but with a quite stupid combat.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
David wrote: If you have never played any role playing games I suggest you look into Warhammer 40K, guarunteed to make your hardware lovin heart melt with joy.
I have, and I consider 40K to be an interesting universe but with a quite stupid combat.

Ah, I have never played the game myself, but the story did look intersting.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

MTG should be dead........*ramble on how they ban a whole buncha nice cards from the old days.....juggarnaughts...serra angels,,,demonic tutor......*~Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

L5R Open format

0 banned, 0 restricted.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Umm.. some of you people really suck at magic don't you.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

I just don't play Magic. L5R is much more interesting.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

whats M:tg???? :lol:
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
ZShade
Jedi Knight

Post by ZShade »

Beowulf wrote:I just don't play Magic. L5R is much more interesting.
Ah, the Phoenix (assumption made from avatar). It's a tossup on who's getting the next corrupt faction, you guys or the Crab. :twisted:
Twist the World and Ride the Wind

Cybertron's Finest - Justice League - Mecha Maniacs
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Scourge is one of the most over powered sets ever, with cards like "Day of the Dragons" and "Call to the Grave" as well as "Final Punishment". I mean, OUCH. Hell, even the COMMONS are Godly.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

An evil combo is "Form of the Dragon" and the one white card from Torment, instead of loosing a life you gain a life and if at the end of your turn you have over 20 life you loose the game. I CAN NEVER DIE!

Another evil combo is "Day of Dragons", "Artificial Evolution" and "Naturalize/Disenchant" Bring in "Day of Dragons" use "Artificial Evolution to change the text from Dragons to some other creature type and destroy "Day of Dragons" with "Disenchant" and get all your creatures back PLUS keep your 5/5 Dragons. :D
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

ZShade wrote:
Beowulf wrote:I just don't play Magic. L5R is much more interesting.
Ah, the Phoenix (assumption made from avatar). It's a tossup on who's getting the next corrupt faction, you guys or the Crab. :twisted:
Assumption incorrect... I haven't really chosen a faction. My Crane deck is getting pretty strong however... I do need to buy more to stock up my card library though...
ZShade
Jedi Knight

Post by ZShade »

Just remember that Diamond edition comes out this October.

I'm a Crane myself, though I also have a Unicorn and a Lion deck. Building different deck types can be interesting, and useful.
Twist the World and Ride the Wind

Cybertron's Finest - Justice League - Mecha Maniacs