Favorite Batman movie?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Favorite Batman movie?

Batman
76%
Batman Returns
19%
Batman Forever
3%
Batman & Robin
3%

Total votes: 37

Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Favorite Batman movie?

Post by Dillon »

Mine would have to be Batman Returns, I love everything about it, how Batman is so mysterious and silent throughout the whole thing, how Cat Woman is so evil but sexy at the same time. :twisted:
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

No contest, it's Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Easily the best Batman movie of all time.

But out of the ones in the poll, it's Batman, though Batman Returns was pretty cool too.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

Batman Returns for me.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

I choose Batman, cool score, Kim Basinger, great battle.
Batman Returns is good but spooky for me to choose it as my "favorite" :D

Batman Forever was fun but Two-Face was written poorly, Batman & Robin....OMG I only watch it for Silverstone's sake :oops:
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Demiurge
Rabid Monkey

Post by Demiurge »

I chose Batman and Robin. :P
delicious pies
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

"Return of the Joker" -- Ok, it's Batman Beyond, but it's just so much fun to watch!
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Robert Treder wrote:No contest, it's Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Easily the best Batman movie of all time.

But out of the ones in the poll, it's Batman, though Batman Returns was pretty cool too.
Totally agree on both statements. Batm Returns only suffered by trying to have too many villans, Peguin, Catwoman and Shrek.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

oh dude the original batman rocked. Returns was ok and the other 2 just sucked.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Batman.

Minus the Prince songs, of course... :roll:
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Batman. It has all the cool moments, like the Batwing rising to form the symbol against the moon, very nice...

Batman Returns was ok, but I wasnt too big on the Penguin, it was good, but wasnt as good as the first.

Batman Forever actually had its moments, but it was too intent on sending itself up where as the previous ones had been serious films, witness "Holy Rusted Metal, Batman" "What?" "The ground, it's made of metal, and its full of holes..." Quite liked Twoface and the Riddler, but couldnt quite forgive them the fact that Twoface's accident with the acid seemed to have been preceeded by something which turned him from a suave black guy into an aged white bloke who we only ever see playing one role.

Havent seen Batman and Robin, no particular desire to.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Batman was the best with Batman Returns coming in for a close second.

Let's not get into the other two shall we?
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Batman Returns. It was the first Batman movie I've ever seen, and drives home just how dangerous Antarctic seabirds can be.

How did Harvey Dent become white? Michael Jackson Syndrome?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Go, go, Bat-Nipples!
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Plain old Batman for me.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Robert Treder wrote:No contest, it's Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Easily the best Batman movie of all time.

I must agree as well, I really would like to see the Batman Animated Series on DVD in a Season type format
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Batman was the only one worth the film it was printed on. The other three are differentiated by their degrees of suckiness. After Batman Forever, I swore I'd never watch a movie directed by Joel Schumaker ever again.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Curse you red...you missed the glory that was B&R :P .

Okay...no...because that was painful to dredge up let alone truly remember.

For me...the animated MotP was good, and BB: Return of the Joker(unedited) was good as well.

I loved Batman(more because Joker stole it).

The other two I was eh.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

RedImperator wrote:Batman was the only one worth the film it was printed on. The other three are differentiated by their degrees of suckiness.
I like Batman.

I still think Batman 3 should have been called Batman and Robin and Batman 4 should have been called Batman Forever.
After Batman Forever, I swore I'd never watch a movie directed by Joel Schumaker ever again.
He's redeemed himself.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Batman, the 1967 Adam West version.

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb..."
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Batman was by far the best of the lot.
Batman Forever was OK. While that movie was definitely not brilliant, I don't know why so many people have issues with it.
Batman Returns was good up to the point were the penguin turened up. They absolutely and positively ruined that character.
As for Batman & Robin, I vote this falls under the Highlander clause:there's no such movie :P
Harvey Dent turning white guy-I underwent radical consmetic surgery between Batman Returns and Batman Forever, both Vicky Vale and Selina Kyle are blondes for no apparent reason-chameleonitis on a rampage, apparently. Maybe aftereffects of some Joker cosmetics I didn't find out about?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

neoolong wrote:He's redeemed himself.
Explain yourself. HOW has he redeemed himself? 8MM was lame. Flawless was middling, Tigerland was pretty good, Bad Company WAS THE WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME, and Phone Booth was pretty good, even if it was diminished by having been made a few months earlier as Liberty Stands Still. I don't see redemption here. Two HORRIBLE movies in 6 years (B&R and BC), and no really great ones.

Oh, and Kitsune, they do have the Batman Animated Series on DVD, though they're broken into small groups.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Drooling Iguana wrote:Batman, the 1967 Adam West version.

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb..."
"Hmmm, a Mr. P N Guin."
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Robert Treder wrote:
neoolong wrote:He's redeemed himself.
Explain yourself. HOW has he redeemed himself? 8MM was lame. Flawless was middling, Tigerland was pretty good, Bad Company WAS THE WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME, and Phone Booth was pretty good, even if it was diminished by having been made a few months earlier as Liberty Stands Still. I don't see redemption here. Two HORRIBLE movies in 6 years (B&R and BC), and no really great ones.
By not making anything truly horrendous for any other franchises. And making one decent movie.

Things have gotten so bad, you have to keep your standards low.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

I am not a fan of any of the Batman movies. But if I had to choose I'd have to go with the first one.

I thought Keaton did alright as Wayne/Batman, but I did not like Nicholson as the Joker. If I had my choice of casting for that role, I would have picked Steve Martin. He would have nailed the charachter, fits the body type, and Martin would not have needed prosthetics for his face.

When I first heard they were making Batman, I hoped they were going to do an adaptation of the Dark Night Returns, but I guess they needed to start from the "beginning" for people with no knowledge of the comic. But if they were to make another Batman, The Dark Night Returns would be perfect. It could even dovetail nicely with the forthcoming Superman movie. Of course, if they fuck up Superman.......Kelso?!!

But who would you cast as the older Batman? Ten years ago I would have chosen Clint Eastwood. Now? All I can come up with is Harrison Ford....mostly for his voice

Steve Martin would still work as an older Joker.
Happily married gay couples with closets full of assault weapons. That's my vision for America
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

The first two were good. The third and forth went from suck to blow.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.