CHUCK Season Finale: Shark Jumped

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

CHUCK Season Finale: Shark Jumped

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Yeah, there's spoilers.

So did anyone see the season finale? I thought it was awesome, right up until the end. Morgan with an Intersect? It seems like the end.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Re: CHUCK Season Finale: Shark Jumped

Post by Gaidin »

Well it is confirmed that season five is the last season so you're onto something.
Adrian McNair
Padawan Learner

Post by Adrian McNair »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Yeah, there's spoilers.

So did anyone see the season finale? I thought it was awesome, right up until the end. Morgan with an Intersect? It seems like the end.
I'm on the fence about this one much like Spoiler
Peter ceasing to exist in Fringe's third season finale.

On the one hand it does take away what makes the character unique but on the other it does have the potential to take the plot in some interesting directions. I'm not going to condemn it. After all, Chuck didn't really use the Intersect to defeat Volkoff. He relied on his wits for that one. I'm okay with him assuming more of an Orion-esque mentor role to Morgan. Though it might just be a temporary arrangement. This is, what, only the third time Chuck has lost the Intersect? The technology has become refined to the point where it can be uploaded into anyone (As seen with Shaw, the GRETAs and now Morgan). It's hardly a stretch of the imagination to assume that Chuck will get his mojo back and Morgan will be brought back down to normal.

It's a bit much to call it a shark jumping before seeing what Season Five has in store for us. You've gotta admit that Morgan becoming the Intersect has some great comedic possibilities as he has to deal with the learning curve that Chuck once grappled with. Team Bartowski going into business as freelance spies holds a lot of appeal for me (it reminds me of Human Target before the colossal clusterfuck that was Season 2).
septesix
Padawan Learner

Post by septesix »

I was expecting a better plan at the hospital than a bunch of russian special force parachuting in...

That being said, I like the finales. and I LOVE the idea of Morgan being the new Intersect. The possibility (of screw ups or otherwise) seems endless. Besides, I think of this as a way to finally let the writers to write Chuck sans Intersect as a long term development instead of a plot device for a couple of episodes.

To me, the premise of Chuck is always more about "An ordinary guy being thrusted into the spy world" rather than "A ordinary guy who now knows everything". Intersect is just a plot device that has served its purpose. It's nice that it's around but I frankly don't care who has it anymore.