The Great Hunt - Bullseye, Hawkeye, Green Arrow

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Baal
Padawan Learner

The Great Hunt - Bullseye, Hawkeye, Green Arrow

Post by Baal »

Okay, take each one of our contestants at their most powerful point in their history.

Throw each one into an urban environment, say the WW2 rubble strewn city of Stalingraad.

The goal is simple. The last one alive wins.

Each one gets their gear from when they were at their most powerful. Each one also gets to wear intelligent clothes so that Green Arrow's bright green outfit, or Hawkeyes stupid outfit won't become a liability by making them easier to spot.

So who wins this duel and why?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hawkeye will strangle them all with his pubic hair. Or decapitate them with a tooth. Or asphyxiate them with dandruff. Fuck him.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Hawkeye and Green Arrow have a serious advantage over Bullseye at any kind of range, but he's got them sewn up if he catches them close-in; Green Arrow might be a formidable close-range opponent, but Bullseye is literally the MacGyver of killing you up close.

I don't know shit about Hawkeye except that he was dead, but now he's not. I'm tempted to just give the win to Green Arrow from my distaste for Marvel at present, but that wouldn't be quite fair.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Baal
Padawan Learner

Post by Baal »

The real question would be can Hawkeye or Green Arrow really hurt Bullseye.

Wasnt he given an adamantian skeleton or at least a partial at some point? Not sure how anyone with a bow and arrow are going to hurt him.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Baal wrote:The real question would be can Hawkeye or Green Arrow really hurt Bullseye.

Wasnt he given an adamantian skeleton or at least a partial at some point? Not sure how anyone with a bow and arrow are going to hurt him.
The base of his spine is the only part adamantium.

And even if his skeleton was, his eyes, and many fleshy points aren't. Without Wolverine regenerative ability, having a metal skeleton is just wasted mass.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Baal
Padawan Learner

Post by Baal »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Baal wrote:The real question would be can Hawkeye or Green Arrow really hurt Bullseye.

The base of his spine is the only part adamantium.

And even if his skeleton was, his eyes, and many fleshy points aren't. Without Wolverine regenerative ability, having a metal skeleton is just wasted mass.
Your right. I just did a double check and the only thing the adamantium does is allow him to do moves that would normally fracture bones.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Bullseye is the only one with a "power". Subosably, he could throw a rock into the air with the intent of hitting one of the others and it would hit. His only real limitation is range, but in this environment, getting distance without obstruction may be difficult so GA and HE may have to get in close to get a clear shot. Too close and the advantage goes to BE. They could get him with some trick arrows, gas or electricity.

All three are world class athletes and expert fighters, but here I think HE is the least of the three so, if it came down to fisticuffs, HE is dead first. Bullseye can kill a guy with a paper clip so GA would have to keep him occupied and not let him grab anything he can throw, since as good as GA is, he isn't Dare Devil... Oh yeah.. or Batman. So assuming they end up fighting in a rockless pasture, GA takes it, otherwise, BE.

If HE and GA could eliminate BE, then it could come down to who is the most accurate from a distance, but again, they would have to navigate the obstacles of the war torn city for a good shot. If they had clear shots, I'm going to give the shot to GA, just because of experience.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Um. Didn't Hawkeye escape from a military base by killing people with his deadly projectile fingernail clippings?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Um. Didn't Hawkeye escape from a military base by killing people with his deadly projectile fingernail clippings?
You're probably mistaken and just thinking of Bullseye, actually. Bullseye is the one who fights Daredevil all the time and can kill people by throwing playing cards through their throats and so on. Hawkeye is basically a dude with a bow who knows some martial arts and has some trick arrows--basically just a ripoff of Green Arrow, come to think of it.

Anyway, Havokeff is right in that Bullseye doesn't have anything to hit the heroes from more than 50 feet away or so, but inside of that range he'll turn them into hamburger with anything he can get his hands on. Given the close terrain and ample supply of projectiles laying around, I think Bullseye will win in the end.

I'm inclined to say that Green Arrow is better than Hawkeye, if only because Hawkeye is lame.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Um. Didn't Hawkeye escape from a military base by killing people with his deadly projectile fingernail clippings?
You're probably mistaken and just thinking of Bullseye, actually. Bullseye is the one who fights Daredevil all the time and can kill people by throwing playing cards through their throats and so on. Hawkeye is basically a dude with a bow who knows some martial arts and has some trick arrows--basically just a ripoff of Green Arrow, come to think of it.
No he's taking about Ultimate who I believe escaped containment in Ultimates 2 to by ripping out his entire finger nails and throwing them at people.

Mn, I have to get that TBP to complete the Ultimates series.
Mobius
Jedi Knight

Post by Mobius »

You're probably mistaken and just thinking of Bullseye, actually.
Hum, well Ultimate Hawkeye did it and when the Liberator Forces stormed his house, he killed a few with spoons, forks and whatever.
XET360 belgian news for Xbox 360
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Crazedwraith wrote: No he's taking about Ultimate who I believe escaped containment in Ultimates 2 to by ripping out his entire finger nails and throwing them at people.
OK, well clearly UHE is disqualified, 'cause that is just gross. :?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Horrendously late ghetto edit: that should "No, he's talking about Ultimate Hawkeye."

And wasn't Green Arrow originally basically just batman with a bow and arrow replacing batarangs?
Mobius
Jedi Knight

Post by Mobius »

Until it turned commie and became the arch nemesis of the "ayn rand didn't go far enough" Question :p
XET360 belgian news for Xbox 360
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Mobius wrote:Hum, well Ultimate Hawkeye did it and when the Liberator Forces stormed his house, he killed a few with spoons, forks and whatever.
Well, then I guess it's a good thing that we're not even talking about the Ultimates continuity, and are apparently basing the thread on plain old regular Hawkeye.
--The Lord Humungus
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

I have to echo the sentiment that if Bullseye can close the gap, he's the winner. He doesn't even need to have something outside his own body to be lethal if he's backed into a corner and desperate enough, considering he's killed people using his own TEETH as projectiles.

What I don't know is if he has the skill to avoid detection by the two marksmen long enough to get into insta-kill range. And he's going to need some serious stealth to evade GA. If he gets caught in the open by either of them though, he's done, unless he can pull some Longshot BS and catch arrows shot his way.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Depends which version of Hawkeye.

Ultimate? Geez, the guy killed people while strapped to an interrogation chair by ripping off his fingernails and throwing them (despite his arm being strapped down) through people's necks.

Ultimate Hawkeye is beyond hardcore. He could kill Batman with just spit. He tranquilized Spider-Man recently IIRC, despite precognition.

If it's not Ultimate Hawkeye, I'd say Bullseye puts a sniper bullet in everyone's head.

Bullseye wins at very long range since the others use bows and arrows (which are limited in range and speed compared to, say, a sniper rifle), and wins at close range, and is the only one with a power. The other two win at medium range.

If Ultimate Hawkeye is involved, the guy runs into the fight with a gun in each hand and another on his foot and shoots everyone in the face before their eyes capture his motion.
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Yeah, UHE wins.

However,
http://community.livejournal.com/scans_ ... 77158.html
is making me rethink regular Hawkeye. He's pretty hard core as well.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Yeah, Ultimate Hawkeye is basically Hawkeye+Bullseye, and totally badassed.

616 Hawkeye is currently running around as Ronin, and showing off some impressive hand to hand ability. He WAS the first one asked to take on the mantle of Captain America, after recent events, afterall.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Praxis wrote:Ultimate? Geez, the guy killed people while strapped to an interrogation chair by ripping off his fingernails and throwing them (despite his arm being strapped down) through people's necks.
Reading the scanned page that you posted in this thread... that kind of thing is pretty much exactly what main continuity (Earth 616) Bullseye does all the time, to the extent that Marvel obviously just pirated Bullseye's powers wholesale in an effort to get people to give a shit about Hawkeye.
--The Lord Humungus
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Praxis wrote:Ultimate? Geez, the guy killed people while strapped to an interrogation chair by ripping off his fingernails and throwing them (despite his arm being strapped down) through people's necks.
Reading the scanned page that you posted in this thread... that kind of thing is pretty much exactly what main continuity (Earth 616) Bullseye does all the time, to the extent that Marvel obviously just pirated Bullseye's powers wholesale in an effort to get people to give a shit about Hawkeye.
And did you see the scans I linked to in which 616 Hawkeye pwns all of the Thunderbolts put together?
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Praxis wrote:And did you see the scans I linked to in which 616 Hawkeye pwns all of the Thunderbolts put together?
That comic is written for shit, as many of the comments in the link attest. There is so much fight exposition in the dialogue that it is almost hilariously stupid. And I still don't care, Hawkeye is still just a ripoff of Green Arrow with less personality, which is double sad because Green Arrow himself is just a hippie Batman with a longbow.
--The Lord Humungus
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Praxis wrote:*snip image*
Yeah, UHE wins.

However,
That is one of the most hilariously stupid things I have ever seen. Almost as bad as Bullseye's brain tumor.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bullseye insanely accurate with ANY ranged attack, not just thrown weapons? I'm pretty sure that he's just as deadly with a rifle or handgun as he is with a throwing knife or dart, and certainly more deadly than with an improvised weapon like a playing card or a piece of broken glass.

Yes, Bullseye can turn anything within reach into a thrown weapon, but I think he's just as happy to nail you with a sniper rifle.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Molyneux wrote:
Praxis wrote:*snip image*
Yeah, UHE wins.

However,
That is one of the most hilariously stupid things I have ever seen. Almost as bad as Bullseye's brain tumor.
Oh, I agree it's terribly written and he talks way too much. But the fact that he won is still impressive.