Ghostrider vs Spawn

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Ghostrider vs Spawn

Post by Superman »

Which of these two is generally more powerful?

If these two had to go at it in a cage-match type of setting, who would win?
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I'm not well-versed in Ghostrider lore, but Spawn at his peak was one extremely powerful mofo. I seem to recall him stopping time across the entire planet at one point, as well as throwing a two or three story building at a dark god. I also remember him fighting, if not defeating seven hundred and seventy seven vampire holy warriors, after taking in the sin of every person in New York. That isn't particularly quatifiable, but damn if it isn't badass.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

GhostRider used his Penance Stare on Galactus, and got him to stand down.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

I think GR should win just by the fact that he has a move called "Penance Stare" :D

I guess it comes down to if Spawns cape and chains can outlast GR chain, hellfire, Stare and Harly.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Given how angsty Spawn is, the Penance Stare will be especially devestating against him.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Supposedly the Ectoplasm (or Necroplasm, i forget) that powers a Hellspawn is part of the evil god Satan or some such. So like Satan it has virtually any power you want, like a Green Lantern ring only evil and gooey.

It's as limitless, or limited, as the user desires. But basically, yeah he could do shit like stop time over the world and pick up buildings.

However, everytime he does one of these things a counter or timer goes down. I believe...it's been years since i read the comics...it has 666 'charges'. He can do anything he wants with one charge, but once he does he loses that charge forever and when they're all gone he's dead or goes to hell or something.

Anyway...considering his power's origin and scope, i would think it's a given he's stronger (power wise, versitility wise) than Ghost Rider. But he was always afraid to use his powers to the fullest because he didnt want to use up his charges, so he probably wont use his full force and Ghost Rider (bound by no such fears) will use his full power...Penance Stare and all that.

So in conclusion, my pick is Ghost Rider, if only because i think he'll not pull punches while the (seemingly) more powerful Spawn most likely will.
Kanye West Saves.