what comic book character most deserves some serious Karma

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

what comic book character most deserves some serious Karma

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yes that's right, whose so high up and getting away with everything for so long. Who would you knock down a few pegs, humble and how would you do it, and why.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Davis 51
Jedi Master
Location: In that box, in that tiny corner in your garage, with my laptop, living off Dogfood and Diet Pepsi.

Re: what comic book character most deserves some serious Kar

Post by Davis 51 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:yes that's right, whose so high up and getting away with everything for so long. Who would you knock down a few pegs, humble and how would you do it, and why.
Wolverine. If you ask why, you have not been paying attention.

I mean, there's only so far you can wank a character.
Brains!
"I would ask if the irony of starting a war to spread democracy while ignoring public opinion polls at home would occur to George W. Bush, but then I check myself and realize that
I'm talking about a trained monkey.
"-Darth Wong
"All I ever got was "evil liberal commie-nazi". Yes, he called me a communist nazi."-DPDarkPrimus
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Second for Wolverine. But it's the writers fault on him.

I'd like to see Iron Man taken down a peg right now. In the form of Thor showing up, finding out what happened with the Civil War + his buddy Captain America (he once told someone that Captain America may not have any powers, but he'd follow him into hell), and deciding Iron Man should be held accountable, Norse Style.

Either that, or the Hulk getting back and deciding the same thing.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Reed Richards and I guess Hank Pym. Clone Thor? Dude, what the hell man. That's just wrong.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

neoolong wrote:Reed Richards and I guess Hank Pym. Clone Thor? Dude, what the hell man. That's just wrong.
Not just cloning him, but basically making the clone a cyborg slave. There's a name for people who make uber clones and then turn them into cyborg slaves: super villians.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Was Clor self-aware? I thought he was basically a simple robot that followed instructions. More like one of the simple battle droids from Star Wars than HK-47.

To be honest, I only read the parodies of Civil War. :D
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Solauren wrote:I'd like to see Iron Man taken down a peg right now. In the form of Thor showing up, finding out what happened with the Civil War + his buddy Captain America (he once told someone that Captain America may not have any powers, but he'd follow him into hell), and deciding Iron Man should be held accountable, Norse Style.

Either that, or the Hulk getting back and deciding the same thing.
It would be rather funny to see the Hulk take Iron Man, crumple him up like a beer can, and stuff him into a BFI trash container.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Wait for it....

World War Hulk is coming..and Iron Man is one of those who sent him over to Sakarr.....
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

I fourth Wolverine.

And before anyone says Superman, consider that I died, and, when I came back, I was forced to sport a mullet for the next year or two... :wink:
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

The Hulk. Because being big, green and angry doesn't make you cool.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Superman wrote:And before anyone says Superman, consider that I died, and, when I came back, I was forced to sport a mullet for the next year or two... :wink:
This is actually a good idea.

When a character is considered to have transgressed the boundaries of good writing, they should be rendered with the Mullet of Shame until such time as the writers have deemed to be atoned.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

oh, my god, wolverine already has the spikey hair, if we turn it into a mullet then, it will grow down to his ass and he'll be mobbed by final fantasy fangirls....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Doctor Doom, Joker, Lex Luthor... Seriously, these so-called supervillains who think they're god because they should rule the world because they're smarter, when they have no superpowers and need to resort to dirty tricks like holding people hostage to make a superhero kneel before them, they need to die. Give Batman a worthy foe to face, e.g., Ra's al Ghul. Don't throw that pathetic loony at him again.
Superman wrote:And before anyone says Superman, consider that I died, and, when I came back, I was forced to sport a mullet for the next year or two... :wink:
Superman deserves to put his writers through a revenge fic for this shit. Seriously, Superman as an energy being? If he's no longer just a super-powered Kryptonian, then why the fuck is he called Superman?! It's like DC doesn't know what the fuck are they to do with someone as godlike in power and purity of heart as Kal-El, so they castrate Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster's creation so they can write stories about an angsty emo Superman!
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Um- Joker thinks he deserves to rule the world because he's smarter? About the only time Joker thought he was God is when he WAS for all practical purposes-Emperor Joker. The rest of the time he's just plain nuts and has one HELL of a grudge against me. Ra's was the one with the 'I can make the world better' agenda, not the Joker.
And I don't think that DC not knowing what the hell they're doing is exactly recent news.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Ford Prefect wrote:The Hulk. Because being big, green and angry doesn't make you cool.
Go read Planet Hulk.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Wolverine and Iron Man. For blindingly obvious reasons.
Superman

Post by Superman »

Vendetta wrote:
This is actually a good idea.

When a character is considered to have transgressed the boundaries of good writing, they should be rendered with the Mullet of Shame until such time as the writers have deemed to be atoned.
I'll agree there. Byrne and mullets would seem to go together like stink and shit. You have to admit that Lamerine or the Punisher would look pretty natural with one...
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Hey, remember when the Punisher was black for a while?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Superman

Post by Superman »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Hey, remember when the Punisher was black for a while?

Are you being serious?
Loner
Jedi Knight

Post by Loner »

Superman wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:Hey, remember when the Punisher was black for a while?

Are you being serious?
No, no he isn't.
"There are times I'd like to get my hands on God." - Frank Castle
Oddysseus
Padawan Learner
Location: Operating secretly in the heartland of the Homeland.

Post by Oddysseus »

Wolverine is an easy choice. Man, for the suffering he's brought the likes of Cyclops and others, slamming She-Hulk recently, and just being an uber wanked character...

But then one thinks of Tony Stark, and you really want him to suffer. Then you know Hulk is coming and you have hope it is alrady on the way, and want to go back to Wolv...But than you look at the recent Marvel releases.

And you see Richards seems to be given a blanket pardon by all involved, the FF members, Black Panther, Storm, etc. So, he gets no repercussions, except he has to spend time with his wife (Read: Lots of sex.). Richards needs to take a hit for what he's done, and the fact the writers and editors at Marvel are trying to pave over his part and settle it ALL on Iron Man makes it all the more needed.

Mr. Fantastic must pay!

Which is sad as he was one of my favorite characters. Damn, Marvel! I really dislike the Reed character now.
- Odd Jack, Jaded Skeptic
--- jadedskeptic.blogspot.com
- "The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry."
"The universe is a strange and wondrous place. The truth is quite odd enough to need no help from pseudoscientific charlatans." - Richard Dawkins
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

Superman wrote:...

Are you being serious?
Loner wrote:No, no he isn't.

Unfortunately, yes, yes he is. I still have some of the issues, buried in storage. **shudder** Disturbingly bad, especially when the plastic surgery didn't 'take', and his features just kind of melted back to the way they were before.

Did I mention that, while he was black (and supposedly 'dead'), four pretenders show up, trying to claim the name 'Punisher'?

(My apologies, Loner, if you were being sarcastic...)

Anyway, on topic, I'd have to throw my hat in for Wolverine as well. I never used to hate the character, but with the wank they've thrown in in the last few years alone, it's getting hard not to root for his opponents. Personally, I'd like to see him brought back to the power levels he had right around the Claremont/Miller Wolverine miniseries. I'd love to see someone like Cyclops tear him a new asshole, but I seriously doubt Marvel would keep him down for long. Maybe Hulk can go toe to toe with him again this summer...
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:The Hulk. Because being big, green and angry doesn't make you cool.
Go read Planet Hulk.
Sorry, let me rephrase:

Being a big, green Conan the Barbarian does not make you cool.
But then one thinks of Tony Stark, and you really want him to suffer.
Personally, the mere creation of Stark Solutions puts Tony well above other heroes, at least in my mind. I don't remember many other Marvel characters laying down very large sums of money for the purposes of charity. In terms of actual tangible good - that is to say, not just beating up on your favourite freak, but actually doing something worthwhile for mankind, Tony Stark is to my knowledge the best.

It helps that he's one of the few billionaire heroes, but I'm not going to beat on him for using his money to do something good.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Spider-man. Can't believe he betrayed his country like that. :(

;)

Also, Green Goblin(Norman Osborn) really needs to be taken down a peg.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

I don't remember many other Marvel characters laying down very large sums of money for the purposes of charity. In terms of actual tangible good - that is to say, not just beating up on your favourite freak, but actually doing something worthwhile for mankind, Tony Stark is to my knowledge the best.
The other superheroes don't have billions. Donating money doesn't automatically make you a good person and make up for your wrongdoings.

Unless you'd like to argue that Bill Gates is our nation's greatest hero.