TMNT in the SW-verse

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

TMNT in the SW-verse

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

I'm suprised we haven't had any TMNT threads here recently, so I thought I'd lead the pack.

An act of plot deposits the Turtles on Dagobah sometime between Ep III and IV, during Yoda's settlement on the planet. How does Yoda react to their presence? Does he decide that they might have a part to play in tha fate of the galaxy and take them under his tutelage, or does he choose to pretend he's a simple swamp dweller until they rig up some means of getting off Dagobah? And assuming the former takes place, how do they affect the fate of the galaxy?
Jericho Kross
Padawan Learner

Post by Jericho Kross »

They get trained by Yoda, rig up a ship [maybe from parts from Yoda's escape pod], then get killed by Darth Vader or turn into sith assasins for the Emperor :twisted:
I may be just a redshirt but guess what?
I'am the only one who brought a gun!!

"Wake me, when you need me"
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Assuming Vader can kill all four of them, which isn't entirely unreasonable, then I'm pretty sure Yoda would find a task more fitting their skills and tell them to avoid him.
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Honestly? There are creatures in the Star Wars universe more powerful than mutant turtles, and people like Boba Fett running around.

I doubt Yoda could care less about them.

They wouldn't have the SW technical expertise to rig up a ship, either. If they ever got off the planet, they might learn SW weaponry and become bounty hunters or something.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I can't see them having any impact what so ever on the SW verse. Plus they are stuck on a plaet with no way off it. Yoda was stuck there. Best case senario they make it off planet and managed to teach people how to make pizza, thats about it.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I have this mental image of Luke meeting Jedi Knight Mutant Ninja Turtles, and there speech patterns driving him to the Dark Side as he kills them in a fit of rage....
Jericho Kross
Padawan Learner

Post by Jericho Kross »

Is Splinter with them[ just imagine Splinter meeting Yoda]? :D

TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

I was sort of assuming that Yoda would hook them up with the Rebellion and get them cortosis weapons or something.... but I guess not.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

They'll be no different from any other bunch of kung fu aliens in the SWverse. At best, they'll be kicking the asses of the Greedos of the galaxy :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Jericho Kross
Padawan Learner

Post by Jericho Kross »

Their melee weapons will get a good upgrade to vibro class.

GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Assuming the Turtles don't start using blasters. It's not like they were shy about using Triceraton weapons.
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

I'm starting to imagine the Millenium Falcon with a turtle shell painted on the top. I think the idea of four mutated amphibians going around kicking random galactic ass with mad ninja skillz is fun.
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

They wouldn't have the SW technical expertise to rig up a ship, either.
Not quite accurate. In the Ninja Turtles/Power Rangers in Space crossover episode("Shell Shocked". Brings out even MORE of my inner five-year-old.... :P), Donatello showed sufficient techincal skill to turn the Astro Megaship against the Rangers. He MIGHT be able to figure out a bulk cruiser or something.
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Yeah, I didn't think it that farfetched considering Donatello regularly reverse-engineers devices from tech recovered from Dimension X and other aliens.
xillithidx
Redshirt

Post by xillithidx »

Yoda senses their presence and seeks them out, hooks them up with the Rebel Alliance, where their team achieves some fame in various campaigns against the Empire, until their space craft is destroyed by a squadron of TIE fighters on routine patrol.

OR

I see Yoda reaching out to Leonardo, sensing his power in the force (Leonardo's force affinity stemming from his mental discipline), and/or maybe Donatello with his technological prowess (kinda like Anakin), and taking them to a Jedi academy for training. The turtles, refusing to split up, and mainly concerned with "just getting home", refuse the Jedi invitation, are left on Coruscant and are killed when Raphael picks a fight in some underground cantina.

As awesome as the turtles are, I don't think they would greatly impact the fate of the 'verse. Cool thread though.

sidenote:are the ninja turtles trained to commit seppuku? :P
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

xillithidx wrote:sidenote:are the ninja turtles trained to commit seppuku? :P
That's samurai.
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

TithonusSyndrome wrote:Yeah, I didn't think it that farfetched considering Donatello regularly reverse-engineers devices from tech recovered from Dimension X and other aliens.
To make this more fair could we say that the Turtles are given the equivalent knowledge and familiarity with the SW-verse that they have with their own. That would certainly speed up things in terms of them adapting to the way things work in Star Wars and possibly letting Donatello rig up some kind of planetary escape craft.