which myths would you like to see remade with current heroes

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

which myths would you like to see remade with current heroes

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

besides the last 300 of marvel's mutants holding off the Shair/Kree empire, just so we can finally see Wolvie die.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Superman would be a good match with a modernised Labours of Heracles cycle. Original Superman, as was seen in the earliest Action Comics and the Fleischer movie cartoons.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Well, you can already do the Brisingamen Cycle with Marvel's heros... but can you with the DC heros?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

Patrick Degan wrote:Superman would be a good match with a modernised Labours of Heracles cycle. Original Superman, as was seen in the earliest Action Comics and the Fleischer movie cartoons.
Or maybe they can use Captain Marvel. He's got the strength, the flight and the speed and without those randomly made up powers that Supes has been known to have. And even though he's got "The Wisdom Of Solomon" sometimes it's hard for the young Billy Batson he is on the inside to listen, espescially if he gets hot under the collar about something.