THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part IV.

Post by Mr Bean »

Interesting, so he did some damage and he looks fully healed.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Well, we can figure the sword has Positive Energy, since it hurts Undead so much. Heal Spells use Positive Energy as well, so that could be one reason for Roy's sudden health -- bathed in the Energy.
The other possibility is the sword is transferring damage points into health points.

What *IS* clear is Roy needs to be angry/emotional for this to work. As soon as he calmed down, even a little, the flames died out.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

I can't say the shell is that impressive really, you can still use ranged attacks or drop part of the building on him.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Yeah. Given the structural damage we've seen over the course of this fight, I'm guessing Roy's ranks in Knowledge (architecture and engineering) are going to come into play again.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Very possible. On the other hand, that takes time; as a delaying action the anti-life shell will buy time that Durkula needs.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

It would be one way to do it, but the thing with Roy is he's very creative. He wins fights that on paper he should lose all the time but I don't think he's ever done it the same way twice.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Oh my god it's Banjo, Banjo is going to blow up/save the world.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I don't get it.

Dude with the hat hasn't voted... Yet Roy acts like they've won when they're tied 3-3? If the demigod's cleric is there, what does the new vamp need to fetch?
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Mr Bean wrote:Oh my god it's Banjo, Banjo is going to blow up/save the world.
The god that Elan made up gets to decide if the world will live or die! :shock:

Mind blown!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Speculation is that the Vampire Stone-cleric is gonna grab the teleportation orb and beam to the last gate to destroy it, basically forcing the Gods to destroy the world anyway.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

1013 up

Looks like he is after the sphere...
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

1014 is up

Bloodfeast the Exterminator to the rescue...

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

*Extreme-inator. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Bloodfeast still has his sharp bite! YAY!

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

1015 is up

Belkar returns

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I'm so glad his death scene has a shot at being much more epic than that scene then.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Belkar is going to find a way to kill or disable the vampire using the 'protection from evil' charm.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Lonestar wrote:Belkar is going to find a way to kill or disable the vampire using the 'protection from evil' charm.
Hard to see how, unless Burlew decides to bend the rules pretty severely*. Protection from Evil doesn't hedge out artificial weapons, and I'm pretty sure (though this may be a 2nd edition thing) it collapses if you try to force it against an enemy.

Suppose he could put it on the vampire and hope it fries the thing, but that's pretty firmly in the "Making shit up" category.

*Always a possibility, I am aware.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

1016 is up

He planned ahead...

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Yep, he knew the King of Dwarves had a weakness.

Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

At this point I'd have packed up my books and left the table for good, then gone about warning other players about the DM and his love of railroad tracks. NPC's, antagonists or otherwise, that always and forever have moments of "Ha-HA! I planned for that" and infinite bags of tricks to counter every move the PC's make aren't fun or interesting. Instead, they're example of how only the DM/writer can save the party, and everyone else just around for the ride.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

People are getting grumpy about the Godsmoot arc, largely because it's an obvious sideshow with a foregone conclusion of the world not being destroyed because, well, this isn't the plot of the comic. But it's taking a long time and keeps adding extra delays.