Captain America Filming Pictures (SPOILERS)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Re: Captain America Filming Pictures (SPOILERS)

Post by Molyneux »

Havok wrote:Hmmm... actually it looks like they are in the foreground as well. Cap is surrounded. Uh oh! :lol:
I'd like to see the scene this is part of - I wonder if they're supposed to be some kind of SS super-trooper, maybe a bit of foreshadowing of Iron Man as well.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

The shield is different as well so +1 point for it probably being modern Cap.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

It seems really obvious that parts of the film will be set in WWII, and parts of it will be set in the modern day. The WWII parts establish Captain America and the Red Skull, while the modern day parts involve the Captain America fighting against HYDRA. It remains to be seen how this will be done, ie. will it spend the first part of the film in WWII, then progress to the modern day, or will it swap between the two freely?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I hope is swaps freely. I always enjoy movies that do that, plus it makes for fun listening to all the morons afterward that complain it was too hard to follow.

Plus, Cap is one of those characters, where you could swap freely between the time periods because not only is he essentially the same guy, but for all intents and purposes it was only a few days ago for Cap, y'know.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Havok wrote:I hope is swaps freely. I always enjoy movies that do that, plus it makes for fun listening to all the morons afterward that complain it was too hard to follow.

Plus, Cap is one of those characters, where you could swap freely between the time periods because not only is he essentially the same guy, but for all intents and purposes it was only a few days ago for Cap, y'know.
That could be interesting, but I do think it would require some skilled directing to avoid another fiasco like the Ang Lee Hulk movie.
xt828
Padawan Learner

Post by xt828 »

Looks like Cap's using a gun - he's wearing a holster in both those pics
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Cap ain't Batman. He has never been above using guns.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

Ford Prefect wrote:It seems really obvious that parts of the film will be set in WWII, and parts of it will be set in the modern day. The WWII parts establish Captain America and the Red Skull, while the modern day parts involve the Captain America fighting against HYDRA. It remains to be seen how this will be done, ie. will it spend the first part of the film in WWII, then progress to the modern day, or will it swap between the two freely?
From what I've heard, the movie ends with Cap either being frozen or being revived in present day. Most of the action takes place during the war. And HYDRA wouldn't exactly be out of place during WWII - Red Skull and another arch-Nazi, Baron Strucker, are principal members. I dearly hope that they don't completely replace German soldiers as enemies, but it's at least believable that they're some sort of special evil science division of the Third Reich.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:I am assuming that is "modern" Captain then?
The partial view of the truck in the background might be a clue... Can anyone identify it? It looks decidedly 40s-era to me.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Actually looking at the pics on the first page, I'm inclined to think that the above is still WWII era. They have him in the same suit, on a brand new Harley that they tried to make look like a WWII era model. The Hydra guys are chasing him on their futuristic looking bikes, but still seem to be on the same 'set'.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Havok wrote:Actually looking at the pics on the first page, I'm inclined to think that the above is still WWII era. They have him in the same suit, on a brand new Harley that they tried to make look like a WWII era model. The Hydra guys are chasing him on their futuristic looking bikes, but still seem to be on the same 'set'.
In both pictures where they appear, the HYDRA Troops' helmets seem to be identical as well.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Havok wrote:Actually looking at the pics on the first page, I'm inclined to think that the above is still WWII era. They have him in the same suit, on a brand new Harley that they tried to make look like a WWII era model. The Hydra guys are chasing him on their futuristic looking bikes, but still seem to be on the same 'set'.
The set in Manchester definitely had a bunch of 40s era shop fronts built on it, as well as cars.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Skylon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skylon »

Imperial Overlord wrote:The shield is different as well so +1 point for it probably being modern Cap.
That's not definitive. Cap used the old shield for exactly one issue in his 1940's book, and by issue #2 had his iconic circular shield.
-A.L.
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose." - John Sheridan (Babylon 5)

"Sometimes you got to roll the hard six." - William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

REDSKULL!

Looks interesting. Nice skull look without actually being a skull. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Enigma wrote:REDSKULL!

Wasn't the skull a mask in the comics? Or am I misremembering..
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

LadyTevar wrote:
Enigma wrote:REDSKULL!

Wasn't the skull a mask in the comics? Or am I misremembering..

It started as a mask and then his dust of death back fired on him when he was inhabiting the cloned body of Captain America and then his face looked just like that photo. Which looks very cool by the way, and better than the Red Skull looked in the previous movie.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Yeah. I dig it. Hopefully now the rest of the movie can keep pace with what looks to be some awesome costume designs.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Looks nice.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Costume design looks great, and I can't wait to hear Hugo Weaving's take on the character - though every time I see Red Skull, I have this overwhelming urge to see him reach into the DC universe and smack the hell out of Black Mask.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

The Red Skull looks good and the Hydra belt buckle does nicely complete the outfit.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Imperial Overlord wrote:The Red Skull looks good and the Hydra belt buckle does nicely complete the outfit.
Holy cow, I didn't even notice that. :shock:
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Molyneux wrote:...though every time I see Red Skull, I have this overwhelming urge to see him reach into the DC universe and smack the hell out of Black Mask.
Oh good, I thought it was just me.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Trailer is up

This is looking very, very good. I'm curious how they made Evans look so scrawny.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Trailer is up

This is looking very, very good. I'm curious how they made Evans look so scrawny.
Three words that caught my attention:
"Now, Mr. Stark."
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Well wit what was pretty much inevitably some iteration of Cap's shield lying around Tony's lab I think his dad's involvement with the project was pretty much a given. I also liked 'What do you think?' 'BLAM BLAM BLAM' 'I think it works' :D
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'