What anime/comic/magic characters could defeat the Jedi IYO.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FOG3
Jedi Knight

Post by FOG3 »

Antie wrote:
FOG3 wrote:Sailor Pluto (NOTE: all sailor scout as per manga not anime)
Sailor Saturn
Sailor Moon (can you say Ginzuishou?)
You can add Sailor Galaxia to your list, I think.
I should have, I forgot about her while I was typing it. Someone who can take down Hotaru isn't to be underestimated.

Oh and Intensified Luck Soldiers (Escaflowne) can be added to the list, providing of course they take down the Jedi before their luck runs out, literally.
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

Antie wrote:*Waits for the massive flames to begin*
GrandAdmiralPrawn insulted me, too. I will freely admit that I am a hard-core Sailor Moon fan.[/quote]Er, no insult intended, but I don't think it's a good idea to use the term "hard-core" to describe Sailor Moon, unless you want to be crushed by a deluge of fanfic authors...
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote:DBZ is the worst thing ever, and I can't believe there's a human old/intelligent enough to use a computer who's a fan of Sailor Moon.
Imma fuck you up the butt for that one.
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

In regards to Gundam: A jedi may have difficulty against any of the Uber-gun toting MS such as the Wing Gundam or the Gundam Double X. Against a normal Mobile Suit, a jedi could win, if he avoids getting squished, by using his lightsabre and impressive jump heights to strike at critical leg points. Then again the MS could be carrying an anti personnel flechette launcher, though that's only been seen once.

The members of the Shuffle Alliance from G-Gundam could take a jedi, with or without a mobile suit. If they can succesfully dodge the light sabre and get in one of their super moves, then they could qin. This goes the same for Master Asia and Schwarz Bruder. Perhaps a fighter who has been DG cell enhanced might have a chance against a Jedi, though i'm not entirely sure.

Just for the sole purpose of naming something that could definitely take a Jedi, I would have to say the Devil Gundam. I bet a DG-cell ehanced Jedi would make a good MF pilot :lol:
Baron Mordo
Jedi Knight

Post by Baron Mordo »

I found this on bash.org. It seemed appropriate.
<na-dragon> Who would win in a fight? A Z-Fighter from dragon ball z, or a jedi master?
<jonblake> Well, thats a good question, there are alot of things that need to be factored in
<jonblake> Z fighters can fly, shoot big balls of energy, go really fast, and releport etc
<na-dragon> Yes but a jedi master can see all of that happen before he does it, and he has a light saber..
<jonblake> I guess this is one of those things in life we will never really know
<Vyse> GOD DAMNIT, Has either one of you ever even SEEN what a pussy looks like?
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Haha! Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Baron Mordo wrote:I found this on bash.org. It seemed appropriate.
<na-dragon> Who would win in a fight? A Z-Fighter from dragon ball z, or a jedi master?
<jonblake> Well, thats a good question, there are alot of things that need to be factored in
<jonblake> Z fighters can fly, shoot big balls of energy, go really fast, and releport etc
<na-dragon> Yes but a jedi master can see all of that happen before he does it, and he has a light saber..
<jonblake> I guess this is one of those things in life we will never really know
<Vyse> GOD DAMNIT, Has either one of you ever even SEEN what a pussy looks like?
I know what they look like from the inside out, and what every part is called... That is what Anatomy class is for.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
I can find most of their powers...or an equivalent in the levels 1-4 power llist for a psion in 3rd edition.
The level requirement for most jedi skills is just level 1 for most skills in 2nd edition
dnd. Getting the typical powers just requires some leveling & meditating.
Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

A human Baoh maybe, depends on how far along he's already transformed.
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
Drach
Padawan Learner

Post by Drach »

What about Drizzt Do`Urden with Twinkle and Icingdeath...not to mention Gwynhwevar
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

Drach wrote:What about Drizzt Do`Urden with Twinkle and Icingdeath...not to mention Gwynhwevar
I don't think that his blades are able to parry a lightsabre. He was also
"charmed" by a mind flayer. I think he would loose to most jedi.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Any high end character from Ranma 1/2
A Crux Op or anyone with their equipment(just try blocking a dozen mach 10 brain seeking projectiles)
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

I've only read roughly half of the entire Akira series by Katsuhiro Otomo, but I'm convinced that Tetsuo Shima would give a Jedi something to worry about.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Drach
Padawan Learner

Post by Drach »

Thunderfire wrote:
Drach wrote:What about Drizzt Do`Urden with Twinkle and Icingdeath...not to mention Gwynhwevar
I don't think that his blades are able to parry a lightsabre. He was also
"charmed" by a mind flayer. I think he would loose to most jedi.
Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak willed or those easily fooled, neither of which describes Drizzt. Mind games would be useless against him
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.
Antie
Youngling

Post by Antie »

FOG3 wrote:
Antie wrote:You can add Sailor Galaxia to your list, I think.
I should have, I forgot about her while I was typing it. Someone who can take down Hotaru isn't to be underestimated.
Galaxia manages to take down Sailor Saturn in the manga without much trouble. (Actually, Hotaru is not in her Sailor Saturn form when her body is destroyed.) In the anime, Uranus and Neptune (when they are wearing Galaxia's bracelets) take down Saturn and Pluto. But Saturn and Pluto do not attempt to fight back (they just dodge Uranus' and Neptune's first round of attacks).
The Drunkard Kid wrote:
Antie wrote:GrandAdmiralPrawn insulted me, too. I will freely admit that I am a hard-core Sailor Moon fan.
Er, no insult intended, but I don't think it's a good idea to use the term "hard-core" to describe Sailor Moon, unless you want to be crushed by a deluge of fanfic authors...
In that case, I could say, "I am a very big fan of (the Japanese version of) Sailor Moon because it is my favorite anime series."
Latitator Latinicophilus apud StarDestroyer.net
The Latin-Loving Lurker at StarDestroyer.net
Governess - The Fanlisting for Tatiana N. Romanova
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

GrandAdmiralPrawn wrote:DBZ is the worst thing ever, and I can't believe there's a human old/intelligent enough to use a computer who's a fan of Sailor Moon.
You do realize that Phong is a Sailor Moon fan, as has been pointed out? For that matter, I have had a rather obscure relation with that fandom, largely pertaining to the original STGOD, probably enough to taint me in your eyes...

...So do we have that apology, or should I introduce you to Halite?
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Well, I don't care much for Sailor Moon, but I've got nothing against those that do. It wasn't a bad anime, I just thought that it was annoying and formulaic with the plots of each episode being too similiar for my tastes.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
The Drunkard Kid
Padawan Learner

Post by The Drunkard Kid »

If I understand a few of my friends correctly, the Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon manga was actually pretty darn good. They rarely had Monsters of the Week, the characters were a lot more mature and competent (and friggin' powerful; from what I hear, the Manga Sailor Senshi could give the Justice League of America a good fight), and the storyline was less convoluted.
"What's that smear on the wall, Mommy?"
"That used to be Spider-Man, honey."
"What killed him?"
"A zipper. Some said it was velcro, but the Daily Bugle said it was a zipper, and I believe the Bugle."
"Wow, he musta been real stupid, huh?"
"Yes honey, he was."
gravity
Padawan Learner

Post by gravity »

A faerie dragon from the Warcraft 3 expansion. They are immune to magic (so no force powers for the most part, and don't try to tell me that Jedi powers aren't magic because that would be silly semantic quibbling) and are flying, so they can't be hit by the Jedi's lightsaber. They also have the ability to turn magical powers against the wielder, making them almost the perfect anti-jedi unit.
Other Warcraft 3 units that might be able to beat a typical Jedi or two (ie not necessarily the greatest Sith lord of all time, but something more like Obi Wan or whatever) include Infernals (and hence Dread Lords which can summon Infernals) and several level 10 heros, as well as large groups of certain spellcasters (I'm presuming that a lightsaber can't block a magical pulse of energy, but even if they could, a large number would overwhelm a single Jedi).
gravity
Padawan Learner

Post by gravity »

Also, most very high level Diablo 2 characters could probably beat they typical Jedi. Some skills are particularly suited to it, such as the Sorceress's Thunderstorm or the Paladin's Holy Lightning and Fist of the Heavens.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

I also nominate Yomiko Readman. Be funny to watch alot of Jedi cut into tiny little peices by paper. :)
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

Anyone ever the read Watchmen? It's a graphic novel around 200 and some odd pages in length, very excellent. My friend found it at the local library. Anyway, Dr. Manhattan from that could wipe the floor with just about anyone. He was basically invincible and omnipotent.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

The Cardboard Tube Samaurai...
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.