Here's a goofy one for ya.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Davion
Redshirt

Post by Davion »

precogntion, like palpy in the return of the jedi? "everything is going according to plan"? :(
Drach
Padawan Learner

Post by Drach »

Goku can take as long or as little time as he needs to fire one off, it depends on how much power he wants to chanel behind it
Genfreak
Redshirt

Post by Genfreak »

The point is, that while Vader and the Emp are nothing to laugh at, this is just silly. They are not even in the same league. It is like debating that Yoda could beat up God.

The Z- Warriors have displayed the ability to shrug off mind control far above anything the Star Wars characters can use, and the telekinesis of Vader and the Emp is nothing compared to even Piccolo, who lifted a pyramid with TK when he was still power level like 4,000.

Goku has taken planet destroying blows and not even been harmed, he can move multidues faster than light (Kai could see the saiyan space pods which were moving fast enough to traverse the ggalaxy, yet Goku was too fast even for him.).

The Emp's Precog could not even save him from Vader. Force Lightning wasn't even killing Luke instantly, and it would not even dent Goku or Gohan.

There was an episode of DBZ where Gohan shoots the grand kai, DBZ's supreme being, with an energy blast and he accuses Gohan of making a mighty attack or some such on him. Gohan's reply: "Really? My little brother could have took that.".
Genfreak
Redshirt

Post by Genfreak »

precogntion, like palpy in the return of the jedi? "everything is going according to plan"?

Actually, Lucas just edited out the last of his line in post production.

What he meant to say was: "everything is going according to plan. Yes, any moment now, Darth Vader will turn on me and kill my ass. Soon the galaxy will know that I, Palpatine, am owned by a Bionic Uncle Fester Look Alike with Asthma! BWAHAHAHA!"

See, so actually, the Emp was right on with his prediction.
BlackWarMewtwo
Youngling

Post by BlackWarMewtwo »

Genfreak wrote:The point is, that while Vader and the Emp are nothing to laugh at, this is just silly. They are not even in the same league. It is like debating that Yoda could beat up God.
Someone obviously hasn't been here long. That very topic has already been argued.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

*Drags out DBZ Calcs*
Nappa is somewhere between 5,000 and 8,000 PL, since he wasn't worried abot Goku at 5,000, but Goku at 8,000 scared the shit out of him.

Nappa also punched aside a blast from Gohan rated at 2,800. That means a person at 8,000 PL, can deal punches at 2,800 PL in strength. Please note that 500 or so PL was enough to nuke the moon. Destroy it flat out.

Form 4 Freiza is rated in the World Guides as 12,000,000 PL. At 1/3 PL fighting Goku, that would be just around 375 times stronger than Nappa. If you don't take the World Guides as canon, then there's still his 1 milliion PL at Form 2, a measely 125 times stronger than Nappa (at LEAST). That would be delivering 350,000 PL worth of strength in physical blows. IOW, 700 times the equivalent force to destroy the moon in the form of Kinetic Energy.

Why is this interesting, because Goku survived being choked by this guy. Unless Vader can deliver . . . *checks Mike Wong's calculations* 8.827e31 joules of energy in a Force Choke, he won't even last against Non SSJ Goku.

Feel free to contest this, but unless you are challenging my math instead of stammering "But . . but it's way too high!" then I shall take it you have nothing constructive to offer.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Nobody
Youngling

Post by Nobody »

BlackWarMewtwo wrote:
Genfreak wrote:The point is, that while Vader and the Emp are nothing to laugh at, this is just silly. They are not even in the same league. It is like debating that Yoda could beat up God.
Someone obviously hasn't been here long. That very topic has already been argued.
You are NOT serious?? :shock:

Alright, my Machoistic side is demanding to know... Who won??
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Genfreak wrote:The point is, that while Vader and the Emp are nothing to laugh at, this is just silly.
Indeed it is. Vader and Palpatine sever Goku and Gohan's carteroid arteries with but a though.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
BlackWarMewtwo
Youngling

Post by BlackWarMewtwo »

Nobody wrote:
BlackWarMewtwo wrote:

Someone else who hasn't been here long. Yoda, obviously.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

DPDarkPrimus wrote: Indeed it is. Vader and Palpatine sever Goku and Gohan's carteroid arteries with but a though.
Please explain to me how they can deliver more than 8.827e31 joules of energy, or kindly shut the fuck up.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Nobody
Youngling

Post by Nobody »

BlackWarMewtwo wrote:
Nobody wrote:
BlackWarMewtwo wrote: Someone obviously hasn't been here long. That very topic has already been argued.

Someone else who hasn't been here long. Yoda, obviously.
I suspected as much, but I REALLY hoped they had SOME sense... But Wong's an extremly Hard-core aeithest and Almost EVERYbody here's a Wars Fanatic as WELL as an Christian (or at least Fundementalist) hater, I guess I'm not suprised...

Oh and on a side note, I've been here since he OPENED this forum... I just haven't been here in a while... :D
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Yogi wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote: Indeed it is. Vader and Palpatine sever Goku and Gohan's carteroid arteries with but a though.
Please explain to me how they can deliver more than 8.827e31 joules of energy, or kindly shut the fuck up.
I'm fairly certain it doesn't take that much energy to accomplish, Yogi.
Genfreak
Redshirt

Post by Genfreak »

Indeed it is. Vader and Palpatine sever Goku and Gohan's carteroid arteries with but a though.

Wow! Vader and the Emp can generate enough TK to wipe out several planets? I mean, that is how much they would need to do that. Then why did they need the death star?

Oh wait a minute. I forogt. They get hosed in this fight.
Nobody
Youngling

Post by Nobody »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
Yogi wrote:
I'm fairly certain it doesn't take that much energy to accomplish, Yogi.
They casually walked through Moon-busting blasts... PRIOR to breaking Power Level 1000. According to her Math it IS that much! Care to question the Math? Or do just wish to assert that it couldn't POSSIBLY be that hard because then it would be impossible for Star Wars to win?
Strider119
Youngling

Re: WHAAAAAAA?

Post by Strider119 »

DPDarkPrimus wrote: Nothing can move faster than light.
Yes, when you stay grounded in reality that is true. But I told you, DBZ is retardedly abstract in its rediculousness. I'm not a DBZ fan or anything but I have debated against it enough to know that it is moot. and if i can't beat it, I might as well join it.

this is from my good freind shinji...

"Here are 2 examples of speed. One is Gokou on snakeway, which he roughly traveled in 2 days, which was about a million kilometers.

vol 18, chapter 1, page 12

That also shows some stamina, traveling for 2 days straight, not to mention the 6 months of pretty much non stop running to get to Kaiou planet in the first place. And swimming half way around the world to get to one of the tourniments back in DB.

Another example of speed is SSJ1 gotenks lapping the earth several times in a single panel.
vol 40 chapter 10, pages 8

However if you want to count anime, then Cell went to an asteriod field, the only known one is about 2.5-4.5 AU away (1 AU is about 96,000,000 miles away). He got there in about 15-30 seconds. Which shows speed far beyond light speed. So that much is up to you, if you want to count filler, than that example of speed counts too. Its up to you."

There are many more, but you get the idea
DPDarkPrimus wrote: As strong as one's strength in the Force. Vader and Palpatine are very strong in the Force.
Good for them
DPDarkPrimus wrote:Last time I checked, it takes a DBZ character about 20 episodes to amass that sort of power.
well then you are admittedly misinformed and ignorant of the facts at hand. I'll end our debate right here until I get an opponenet who knows what they are talking about
DPDarkPrimus wrote: Where's your fucking proof, wanker?
name calling is fun! We can go that route if you want to, ya diluded fanboy
DPDarkPrimus wrote:Vader can absorb energy, and can discharge it right back. I'm not saying he is impervious to energy attacks, but you should take that into consideration.
Hahahahaha, ok i'll be sure and jot that down

I'm too sexy for my shirt:
Strider119
Think you can cook? I got a grappling hook
Let's make this quick cuz I'm really booked
I'm a devious degenerate, defender of the devil
Shut down all the trash compactor's on the detention level

My backpack's got jets
I'm boba the fett
I bounty hunt for jaba hut
To finance my vette
I chill in deep space
A mask is over my face
I deliver the prize but I still narrow my eyes
Cuz my time I don't like to waste.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Strength advantage: Z-Senshi. Reason is apparant.

Speed advantage: Z-Senshi. Reason is apparant.

Energy projection advantage: Z-Senshi. Reason is apparant.

Fighting skill advantage: Z-Senshi. Z-Senshi are martial artists trained in outlandishly powerful styles by gods.

Telekenesis advantage: Z-Senshi. Piccolo lifted the Great Pyramids with his tk. Sith can't lift anythgin near that.

Telepathy advantage: Z-Senshi. Force tricks don't even work on people with strong wills, wheras Goku can intercept a telepathic link between gods that stretches universes and dimensions, and give them mental commands while simultaneously fighting a physical battle with Frieza.

So where exactly do the advantages for the Sith come in?
Genfreak
Redshirt

Post by Genfreak »

Here is another good example of speed. No instant transmission used at all.

Goku was at the center, ground zero, of a blast which encomapssed a continent and was visible from orbital space. He was at the center at the exact second the explosion occured. Gohan and the others were sheilded behind some mountains (If memory serves, it is in the Freeza Saga.).

Before any light, shockwave, heat, force, or any other energy was released by the explosion, he was already clear of the blast. Before any sort of effect happened the nanosecond the blast was begun, he was already clear of it.

This was normal Goku, before he ever went SSJ 1 at all.

Comparing even this Goku to the Goku of the Buu Saga in terms of speed would be like comparing Louis Lane to the Flash.
Nobody
Youngling

Post by Nobody »

Genfreak wrote: Comparing even this Goku to the Goku of the Buu Saga in terms of speed would be like comparing Louis Lane to the Flash.
Acck Lois's Evil couison shows up again!!
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Genfreak wrote:Here is another good example of speed. No instant transmission used at all.

Goku was at the center, ground zero, of a blast which encomapssed a continent and was visible from orbital space. He was at the center at the exact second the explosion occured. Gohan and the others were sheilded behind some mountains (If memory serves, it is in the Freeza Saga.).

Before any light, shockwave, heat, force, or any other energy was released by the explosion, he was already clear of the blast. Before any sort of effect happened the nanosecond the blast was begun, he was already clear of it.

This was normal Goku, before he ever went SSJ 1 at all.

Comparing even this Goku to the Goku of the Buu Saga in terms of speed would be like comparing Louis Lane to the Flash.
IIRC, he was actually trapped within the energy sphere that exploded. He basically was inside a bomb when it blew up, and still escaped untouched.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Genfreak wrote: Wow! Vader and the Emp can generate enough TK to wipe out several planets? I mean, that is how much they would need to do that. Then why did they need the death star?
You have no proof that their carteroid arteries are any stronger than a normal persons.
Strider119 wrote: "Here are 2 examples of speed. One is Gokou on snakeway, which he roughly traveled in 2 days, which was about a million kilometers.
Still not faster than the speed of light.
Another example of speed is SSJ1 gotenks lapping the earth several times in a single panel.
Since actual time is not mentioned, this panel could be a period of any length of time.
However if you want to count anime, then Cell went to an asteriod field, the only known one is about 2.5-4.5 AU away (1 AU is about 96,000,000 miles away). He got there in about 15-30 seconds. Which shows speed far beyond light speed. So that much is up to you, if you want to count filler, than that example of speed counts too. Its up to you."
Was it actually stated how far away the asteroid field was? The DBZ universe is not the same as our universe.
DPDarkPrimus wrote: As strong as one's strength in the Force. Vader and Palpatine are very strong in the Force.
Good for them
More nonsensical replys? *sigh*
DPDarkPrimus wrote:Last time I checked, it takes a DBZ character about 20 episodes to amass that sort of power.
well then you are admittedly misinformed and ignorant of the facts at hand. I'll end our debate right here until I get an opponenet who knows what they are talking about
I could argue the same, since you seem to exhibit the same amount of knowledge (rather, lack thereof) about SW facts. I know a fair amount about DBZ, and one thing I can recall clearly is that any sort of powerful attack takes and obscene amount of time to charge up.
DPDarkPrimus wrote: Where's your fucking proof, wanker?
name calling is fun! We can go that route if you want to, ya diluded fanboy
Surely you mean "deluded", as I am not a solute. And if that is the case: Hello pot, meet kettle!
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

KK wrote: Telekenesis advantage: Z-Senshi. Piccolo lifted the Great Pyramids with his tk. Sith can't lift anythgin near that.
That statement is so innaccurate that I literally rolled onto the floor laughing.
Telepathy advantage: Z-Senshi. Force tricks don't even work on people with strong wills, wheras Goku can intercept a telepathic link between gods that stretches universes and dimensions, and give them mental commands while simultaneously fighting a physical battle with Frieza.
Communicating with a person telepathically and crushing someone's internal organs with a thought are quite different things.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

DPDarkPrimus wrote: You have no proof that their carteroid arteries are any stronger than a normal persons.
They can train in 500 times Earth's gravity.

If their arteries weren't tougher than a human's, they would collapse.

Not to mention, he already gave proof in that Frieza tried choking Goku. You know, by squeezing his neck?
BlackWarMewtwo
Youngling

Post by BlackWarMewtwo »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
KK wrote: Telepathy advantage: Z-Senshi. Force tricks don't even work on people with strong wills, wheras Goku can intercept a telepathic link between gods that stretches universes and dimensions, and give them mental commands while simultaneously fighting a physical battle with Frieza.
Communicating with a person telepathically and crushing someone's internal organs with a thought are quite different things.
Yes, one of them is telepathy while the other one is telekinesis.
Nobody
Youngling

Post by Nobody »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
KK wrote: Telekenesis advantage: Z-Senshi. Piccolo lifted the Great Pyramids with his tk. Sith can't lift anythgin near that.
That statement is so innaccurate that I literally rolled onto the floor laughing.
Ok, smart Alec when DID VADER or PALPATINE show the abitlity to lift more than the Great Piramids??
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

DPDarkPrimus wrote: That statement is so innaccurate that I literally rolled onto the floor laughing.
Which part?

The part where I noted that the Great Pyramids are greater than an X-Wing?

Yes, being that one is telepathy and one is telekenesis. Check the dictionary before posting next time, pup.