Scarlet-Spider vs Jedi

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Who wins in a straight fight?

Poll ended at 2003-07-18 04:48pm

Ben easily
22%
Ben manges to take down a jedi but its hard
5%
They fight to a stand still
5%
Jedi just manges to take it
20%
Jedi with ease
49%

Total votes: 41

KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Darth Wong wrote: Jedi accelerated at 60-100G in TPM. This was observed. Spidey never moved so fast onscreen, and interpretation of comic panels is something that you have demonstrated to be a selective act; you select that which you like and ignore that which annoys you.
So you got this speed based on a couple of panels where the two Jedi move across the width of a hallway.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not make note of how incredibly shitty the SFX were in that scene (holy fuck that was bad). The Jedi are fast.

So when I post a picture of Spider-Man appearing as a cyclone-esque blur of motion, it gets no reply.
Yes, your response to TK is that the Jedi will never use it,
No, that wasn't my response. My response was that he doesn't have to be faster than TK to be faster than the Jedi using the TK.
If you are too stupid to recognize a rebuttal when you see it, and then declare that no rebuttal exists as a result, you only THINK you win.
Me: [insert about 7 or 8 points]
You: Your argument is stupid.

Sorry, that's not a rebuttal.
In other words, you have no answer. Since Yoda DID bullshit about not being himself when he first met Luke, and Yoda DID conceal the truth about Luke's father, you would have to be a complete idiot to think that Yoda is incapable of lying.
Are you even fucking joking?

Yoda lied at first to test Luke's patience. And concealing truth is not the same as lying.

Testing Luke patience hardly puts Yoda up on the level of a character who's word can never be trusted.

You're a moron. Why do you think the superbattledroid that collapsed on C3PO in AOTC never got up? It was killed by a moderate fall which didn't even dent its case? Wrong, dumb-ass. It was obviously killed by telekinetic mangling of its internal components.
Right, obviously. It was so obvious that you had to make he shit up all on your own.
Look up "offense" in your dictionary, fucktard. It says nothing about applying only against humans.
I'll look up "defense" while I'm at it.
Because Mace could easily kill him by decapitating him the old fashioned way.

I suppose the same goes for Obi-Wan. At least it would, had he not made a fool of himself.
By the way, umpteen repetitions of the known weakness of the Jedi seem to have sailed over your head.

The known weakness was that they were blinded by the dark side.
Not to mention Anakin using TK to hurl objects at Geonosians.
What's Anakin's other name? Oh, that's right. DARTH FUCKING VADER.

You did watch the scenes about him killing the Tuskens, right?
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Ghost Rider wrote: Looky Subjective BS when objective proof showed LUKE choking someone.
Is it subjective that Luke wasn't a Jedi?

No?

So shut the fuck up with your accusations of using only subjective arguments.
Was Luke a Sith(add you fave title)?

No?

Huh....
Was Luke a Jedi(add you fave title)?

No?

Huh...

Hell...he's slower then I said...and worse I overestimated him and that is what I put on par for the Jedi.

Guess he's slower then even before.
40 times human reaction speed is faster than Jedi no mtter what you decide to call it.
Durasteel fireproof as well.
It's actually fireproof against the Human Torch's plasma, which is as hot as a star.
So no extrapolation to infinity given that the Lightsaber has shown to cut through something far more durable then a foot of steel.
Webbing is also far more durable than a foot of steel.

His webbing can hold The Thing. Do you know how similar tissue paper and a foot of steel seem to The Thing?
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

OK no force choke but what if the Jedi pins Spidey to the wall with the force or pulls something in front of him to use as an umbrella like a car?
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Yes however said webbing like Spider silk is elastic thats what holds the Thing he could stretch it but unless he can get it past a certain point its useless since it would go back.

However all the Jedi has to do is wait an hour and the stuff disintigrates .
Black Mage,

KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Typhonis 1 wrote:OK no force choke but what if the Jedi pins Spidey to the wall with the force or pulls something in front of him to use as an umbrella like a car?
He could levitate Spidey, but I doubt he could hold his arms still enough to keep him from spraying webbing.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Typhonis 1 wrote:However all the Jedi has to do is wait an hour and the stuff disintigrates.
In which case he'd better hope slave-outfit Leia walks by to distract Ben for awhile.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Here's some more speed stuff.

Jedi can block blaster bolts.

Ok.

Just food for thought.
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Wong the tought that humans average reflex is ,5 seconds is rather, well false.

Take any reflex test on the internet. I bet you'll be getting far under the .5 seconds that you claim to be average.

In fact there were people that got an average reflex of .2 seconds. and divided by 40 is in microseconds. And thats done by lazy internet people just like yourself. Now imagine someone that actually trained for it. Like someone in sports, or how about the experts that play Tekken. Tekken runs at 60 fps, yet they're able to telegraph every move by looking for specific frames, aka 1/60th of a second. And they respond to that. And in case you missed a class of enginneering. 1/2=30/60 and 30/60 is > 1/60.

Also do the calcs for a tennis player reacting to a ball. In fact, here it is.
[quote=KK]The fastest male tennis players serve at roughly 150 MPH (67 m/s).

Tennis court dimensions:

The two players are roughly 78 feet (23.8 m) apart when the ball is served.

We’ll assume the server is in the center of the court, as is the receiver. The ball could be placed anywhere between the receiver and the edge of the court. That means the ball could travel between 78 and 80 feet to get to the other side of the court. Probably closer to 80 (24.4 m). We’ll just use 24 meters.

Travelling at 67 m/s, the ball makes it across the court in approximately .36 seconds.

Given that tennis players have a habit of returning serves, this means the receiver had to travel roughly 10 meters and then swing at the ball in slightly under .36 seconds.

You have to assume some of that time was eaten up reacting to the placement of the serve, but it was possible by reading the server’s body movement. So this means the tennis player was moving at roughly 28 m/s, negating the time that may have been spent processing the ball’s placement.

Note that Spidey is stated as 40 times faster than a human.

That gives Spidey a quick-burst speed of 1,120 m/s or 2,505 MPH. Which makes Spidey a little over MACH 3 in short bursts.

Special note: His webbing shoots faster than his own speed.[/quote]

So that covers speed. Now in that we could use that, or the reflex tests. In which the average human (a lazy bum) would get .2 seconds to react to whatever. But in actuality, those tests are slightly flawed in the sense do to the time it took to click the mouse button. And then having the impluse go from the brain to the hand to click on the mouse. Then the time of clicking the mouse. So in actuality the average human would actually average around .18-.19 seconds to react to something. This test also doesn't take into account people who played sports or Tekken who routinely react to fast objects. In which they'd probably average close to .1 -.15 seconds.

Now since I like to compromise (in which case you still complain about me giving unfair numbers), we'll use .18 seconds to react. divid that by forty and spiderman is clearly in the microseconds. or 0.0045 seconds to react. Then add in Spidermans "spidersense", and I doubt that the Jedi would ever land a physical attack on him.

Then there is also the examples of him dodging energy blasts and lasers that were going lightspeeds, and that could in theory (if we protrayed Spiderman in the same light as you protray Yoda), would give Spiderman lightspeed reflexes.

Its funny, for Yoda we use calcs that are superior than Yoda has ever done. Like moving starships, kinda makes you wonder why Obi when he was to capture Jango Fetet alive didn't just TK his ship to stay on the planet, or keep Jango from even entering the ship. But I guess Wong would call that a "plothole", a word which he doesn't even know the meaning of by judging what he called a plothole in his listing of so called plotholes in the movie "Matrix".

And yes, the force pushes to those robots did seem to become "broken" from the fall. Or else why wasn't 3CPO's internal devices destroyed by the Jedi when it fell? Or 3CPO's head for that matter. You think the Jedi who did the force push knew instinctively that this specific robot had a body made by anakin? Especially when the blasted thing was shooting at the Jedi?

Also you have heard of self defense right? Have you ever took a self defense class? you also must have heard of murder in self defense. Thus it is possible for a Jedi to hurt something if its in self defense. However to blantenly say that the Jedi will attack normally (as without provification) with TK to rip out a heart or the like is wrong. And is not self defense, which is what represents the light side of the force, but that is aggression, which represents the dark side of the force.

Nevermind the other obvious flaw in the basic art of running with the speed calcs, unless Wong is suggestiong that Obiwan glided across the floor while keeping his body as still as a statue.

For the highlander, that insults the fans of DBZ. First of all, this topic isn't even about DBZ. Second, we provided cannon prove that they generated and outputed more energy than over 1E37 joules of power. when Gokou when SSJ for the first time. Now if you want to complain, about the other sideeffects, go ahead. Do that in another thread, also keep in mind that what you complain about doesn't change the fact that they still did it.

Now back on topic.

Webbing should keep a Jedi at bay. However TK and precog would be their only defense around it. Even if the lightsaber cuts it, it cut it in half so theres at least one piece, if not 2 pieces of webbing that'll get their shoulder. And then slow down their movement with the lightsaber. Eventaully Spiderman would run out, but by then the Jedi should be fairly covered in it and doesn't have an hour to waste waiting for it to desintergrate. As by then Spiderman would have landed far too many punches and the Jedi would have lost.

BTW what TP besides something pathetic like mind control over ill willed creaters and "sensing" that a loved one is near have they shown? Have they shown anything on the level of Jean Grey? Or even Xavior? Or Martain Manhunter. Because as memory serves me correctly, the Jedi pale in comparison to those 3.

Since the lightsaber and TP are meaningless. All the Jedi have to rely on is TK. And as the topic clearly states, force choke isn't allowed. But since none of you can seem to read. I'll act as though it was allowed. Now asside from the fact that this is a common full fledged Jedi, and acts of aggression like Force Choke and heck even force lightning (care to show an instance of a Jedi creating a force lightning?) shouldn't even be considered as those are Sith type things to do. So all a Jedi can really do is make Spiderman float in the air (with concentration), or push him away. Or temperarily choke him til he is KOed but not til he kills him. Or perhaps hold him up into the air and use the lightsaber to cut him into pieces. Though then one would wonder why they didn't do that to Darth Maul, or all those robots... or the X-Wing or whatever. Maybe they can't concentrate on doing those two things at the same time. That would certainly explain a lot of errors that the Jedi did (if you could do all that, then why do they fight as poorly as they do? Just lift the beast into the air and dice him like an onion).

As they lack the strength to even do any damage with a punch or kick. So thats out. So lets list the possible effective messures of combat for a real jedi.

Push opponent down, TK to keep opponent down, punch, kick, make them float in the air, and possibly flaot in air and dice them like an onion (however they're too stupid to do so, nevermind they'd have to get close, which increases the change of them being in range of the webshooters and then they get all covered in webbing). Choke them til they go unconcious and then walk away. And thats about it, with the only offense that they can muster that'll even be remotely effective. And only 2 of those ways would even be effective to use in a fight. Choke til KO, and the one that they never showed doing of floating someone up into the air and then dice them in the air. And in both of those cases, require concentration, concentration which could be easily broken. Like having your eyes covered in webbing, And if they try to remove it then they'll rip out their eye balls.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

It should be noted that those tennis calcs have a pretty high margin for error. But any way you slice it, it comes out to a supersonic Spider-Man.
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

KK wrote:
Typhonis 1 wrote:OK no force choke but what if the Jedi pins Spidey to the wall with the force or pulls something in front of him to use as an umbrella like a car?
He could levitate Spidey, but I doubt he could hold his arms still enough to keep him from spraying webbing.
What's stopping him from telekinetically trashing Spidey's webshooters? With no ranged attacks and floating in mid-air, he would be helpless. Even if the Jedi doesn't feel like using the Force to directly kill Spider-man, he could just throw his lightsaber at him.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Jim Raynor wrote:
KK wrote: What's stopping him from telekinetically trashing Spidey's webshooters? With no ranged attacks and floating in mid-air, he would be helpless. Even if the Jedi doesn't feel like using the Force to directly kill Spider-man, he could just throw his lightsaber at him.
For one, he'd have no reason to think about the web-shooters until he'd already been webbed up.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Here are some reflex tests, by the way.

.5 seconds seems like a pretty high average.

http://galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu/~tomcat/reflex.htm

http://www.reflexgame.com/

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~pyang/

My average on all of them was .25 seconds. Half of what you say it should be. And I wouldn't expect to have reflexes on par with people who have trained their reflexes.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

For the highlander, that insults the fans of DBZ.
Considering the "fans" I have run across in these discussions , thats not saying much.
First of all, this topic isn't even about DBZ.
Sure it is. Both show cases where bad logic is being used and certain facts are being ignored.
Second, we provided cannon prove that they generated and outputed more energy than over 1E37 joules of power.
Yes, and totally neglectd the whole MOMENTUM and RECOIL issue associated with such massive energy discharges, to say nothing of the enviromental impacts (since energy has to go somewhere.) All I got was a lot of hand waving and assurances that they MUST somehow deal with it, even if the mechanism could not be proven (particularily when there is proof they CANNOT provide the counter-force neccessary, why should I assume the mechanism exists?)

You're also neglecting the very fact that NON-DET events have been proven to exist in DBZ. Burden of proof is and was on you to account for the problems I illustrated, which none of you were capable of doing.
Now if you want to complain, about the other sideeffects, go ahead. Do that in another thread, also keep in mind that what you complain about doesn't change the fact that they still did it.
It doesn't change the fact they destroyed a planet. It does alter the fact that they did so without generating the requisite energy to exceed planetary escape velocity and scatter its mass, a point repeatedly ignored by fanwhores because they don't want to let go of their wanking fantasies. Hence my comparison.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Connor MacLeod wrote: Considering the "fans" I have run across in these discussions , thats not saying much.
Ad hominem.
Sure it is. Both show cases where bad logic is being used and certain facts are being ignored.
Ad hominem.

"You said such and such about DBZ so you are wrong about this!!"

How fucking trite.

Also, why don't you point out the bad logic and ignored facts rather than make blanket statements claiming they exist?
Yes, and totally neglectd the whole MOMENTUM and RECOIL issue associated with such massive energy discharges, to say nothing of the enviromental impacts (since energy has to go somewhere.) All I got was a lot of hand waving and assurances that they MUST somehow deal with it, even if the mechanism could not be proven (particularily when there is proof they CANNOT provide the counter-force neccessary, why should I assume the mechanism exists?)
I could provide qutes from fucking Akira Toriyama himself saying that he didn't know anything about physics. You can't expect what he wrote to deal with things like recoil.

Besides, I DID provide proof that the beams were kinetic force, I DID provide references of them being able to counter said force, and I DID

Let's not forget the basics here. You were arguing that a Sith would beat Goku. I don't think it is physically or morally possible for you to take the high road in that exchange.

Beyond that, when you yourself are using the Force as an argument, you've got no fucking grounds for making us limit ki to strict rules of physics.
You're also neglecting the very fact that NON-DET events have been proven to exist in DBZ.
Oddly enough, the non-DET event was treated entirely differently than every other planet-destroying attack in the entire series, and they made special point of it not being a non-DET event, and Goku was surprised by it.
It doesn't change the fact they destroyed a planet. It does alter the fact that they did so without generating the requisite energy to exceed planetary escape velocity and scatter its mass,

Based on?
a point repeatedly ignored by fanwhores because they don't want to let go of their wanking fantasies. Hence my comparison.
Shut the fuck up, hypocrite. "OMG precog! How is precog possible? Who cares. It just is!"
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Consequences: Check again. We answered all your accusations.

You claimed that there wasn't enough recoil. We gave proof that the force of the blast was explosive, not just kinetic.

You rejected that for no good reason. We gave you examples of Z-fighters blatantly ignoring the forces whipping around them, or even being projected at them.

Then you tried to get nitpicky, saying that even if they had the major effects, just because the details were ignored, they couldn't have done it. We said no kidding, as the animation crew were ignorant of all the details.

Around this point, you started repeating yourself.

But we answered your shit in the relevant thread already. You want to bring it back up, bring the thread back up. Not here.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Strider119 wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:And yet Spidey team has gone from reflexes to Webbing to reflexes all the while nitpicking Dark/Light.
my main argument has been, and remains, that a light side jedi would not force choke an opponent
Fine.
[i]Vision of the Future[/i], hardcover page 379 -380 wrote:Karrde nodded, the last mestery of the beckon call lying abandoned in the Dagobah swamp suddenly falling into plac. "And so you went back to Yoda and asked for help."
"Asked?" Car'das gave a short, self-deprecating laugh. "Not asked, Talon. Demanded."
He shook his head at the memory. "It must have looked quite absurd, really. There I stood, towering over him with a blaster in one hand and my beckon call in the other, threatening to bring my ship and all its awesome weaponry to bear on this short, wizened creature leaning on a staff in front of me. Of courese, I was the single-handed creator of the greatest smuggling organization of all time, while he was nothing but a simple little Jedi Master." He shook his head again.
"I'm suprised he didn't kill you on the spot," Shada said.
"At the time, I almost wished he had," Car'das said ruefully. "It would have been far less humiliating. Instead, he simply took the beckon call and blaster away from me and sent them spinning off into the swamp, then held me suspended a few centimeters above the ground and let me scream and flail to my heart's content.
"And when I finally ran out of strength and breath, he told me I was going to die."
So there we have it. A Jedi wins by default. From the cartoons Spiderman's web slinging isn't a part of him, but rather a tool which he has to re-fill and strap on, ergo, the Jedi can rip them off him with TK ala Darth Vader in bespin, Yoda from the above quote. And then hold Spiderman up with TK. Now Spiderman at this point has lost the fight simply because he can't do anything, where as the Jedi can walk around and do some shopping (all be it with a hovering Spiderman struggling behind him).

Should Spiderman's web be apart of him (like in the movie), then the Jedi pulls a Magneto from (X-Men 1) and forces Spiderman to cross his arms (and thus his webbing 'outlet') accross his own chest, thus stopping Spiderman from using them on anything but himself.

Game. Set. Match.

This thread should have been over 7 pages ago.
Last edited by Crown on 2003-06-28 02:08am, edited 1 time in total.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

ShinjiGohan wrote:Wong the tought that humans average reflex is ,5 seconds is rather, well false.

Take any reflex test on the internet. I bet you'll be getting far under the .5 seconds that you claim to be average.
Worthless nitpick, about what I expect from your pathetic side of this debate. You've been reduced to claiming that Jedi can't use Force-chokes (which is manifestly untrue) and that "attack" does not apply if the target is not organic (also untrue).
In fact there were people that got an average reflex of .2 seconds. and divided by 40 is in microseconds.
So what if it's 0.2 seconds instead of 0.5 seconds? Divide 0.2 by 40 and you get 0.005 seconds. That is a result in the MILLISECOND range, not the microsecond range. Thank you for proving yet again that you are a blithering idiot. Now we see that you don't even know how to operate a calculator.
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html
Crossover_Maniac
Padawan Learner

Post by Crossover_Maniac »

Ghost Rider wrote:Unless Impact Webbing is going in excess of bullets the Jedi can both avoid(TPM) and/or slice them out of the Air.
Impact webbing can penetrate the Venom symbiote which can protect Eddie Brock from bullets, so they can travel at least as fast as bullets.
Webbing same problem.
Webbing set on a wide spray would give a Jedi problem. While slower than impact webbing, it would have a wider cross section than a lightsaber.
Jedi can hold Ben by TK force.
You mean like when Obi Wan held Jango and Boba Fett with Force TK so they couldn't fight back and brought both of them to Corusaunt. No wait, he didn't.
Jedi still has a greater reach in hand to hand combat and a superior pre-cog talent.
Please. Obi Wan was caught off guard by a destroyer droid while he was pissing and moaning about Anakin running off to Tatooine. Spider-Man's spider-sense was able to detect the Invisible Woman (ASM #1).
"Nietzche is dead"-God
keflex
Redshirt

Post by keflex »

Would the Jedi know to rip the web shooters off before SS can fire? If they both see each other at the same time (via instantaneous teleportation and are in bloodlust mode, barring force chokes on the Jedi side) it comes down to who can react faster.

So the crux becomes who can react faster in the given situation (since obviously who ever comes in second is at a severe disadvantage).
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist

Post by Typhonis 1 »

You missed the part about the Jedi loosing strength in the force in AOTC didnt you?
Black Mage,

keflex
Redshirt

Post by keflex »

Darth Wong wrote:Worthless nitpick, about what I expect from your pathetic side of this debate. You've been reduced to claiming that Jedi can't use Force-chokes (which is manifestly untrue) and that "attack" does not apply if the target is not organic (also untrue).
I believe this was in response to many posters completely disregarding the OP's stipulation: No force chokes allowed.
Crossover_Maniac
Padawan Learner

Post by Crossover_Maniac »

KK wrote:Here's some more speed stuff.

Jedi can block blaster bolts.
SNIP pics of Spider-Man dodging laser fire.
Ok.
Just food for thought.
Jedi don't dodge blaster bolts. Jedi block them using their lightsabers. Without a lightsaber, a Jedi has a fist-size hole through their chest.
"Nietzche is dead"-God
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Crossover_Maniac wrote:Jedi don't dodge blaster bolts. Jedi block them using their lightsabers. Without a lightsaber, a Jedi has a fist-size hole through their chest.
You mean like Vader did in TESB? Oh yeah, wait he didn't. Two can play that game.

Oh and yes I have already shown that Jedi can TK people (in response to your previous 'point') dumb ass.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

Crossover_Maniac wrote:Please. Obi Wan was caught off guard by a destroyer droid while he was pissing and moaning about Anakin running off to Tatooine. Spider-Man's spider-sense was able to detect the Invisible Woman (ASM #1).
Don't be a dumb-ass. Obi-Wan was taking a risk to get his message out; this doesn't mean that Jedi danger-sense doesn't work. Anakin could sense poisonous worms through a wall, remember? And Obi-Wan DID know the destroyer droid was there before it showed up. He said "wait, wait" and ignited his lightsabre before the first shot was fired. Congratulations for proving your bulshitter credentials again.
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

keflex wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:Worthless nitpick, about what I expect from your pathetic side of this debate. You've been reduced to claiming that Jedi can't use Force-chokes (which is manifestly untrue) and that "attack" does not apply if the target is not organic (also untrue).
I believe this was in response to many posters completely disregarding the OP's stipulation: No force chokes allowed.
No, the OP's stipulation was that he was a Jedi rather than a Sith, and the poster claimed that this logically meant that Force chokes were out of the question. That was a logical argument based on the initial premise, and is thus subject to debate.